SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
This is likely the first time Baldwin will have to face the music with no escape.

Let’s hope you’re right about the no escape part.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
"Alec Baldwin said he feels incredible sadness and regret over the shooting that killed a cinematographer on a New Mexico film set, but not guilt."

What a despicable piece of shit baldwin is, but we already know that. This should make your blood boil.

Someone is responsible for the shooting, but it's not me

Alec Baldwin said he feels incredible sadness and regret over the shooting that killed a cinematographer on a New Mexico film set, but not guilt.

“Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but it’s not me,” Baldwin said in an ABC interview with George Stephanopoulos that aired Thursday night, the first time the actor has spoken in depth on screen about the Oct. 21 shooting on the set of the Western “Rust.” “Honest to god, if I felt I was responsible, I might have killed myself.”

Baldwin said it is essential for investigators to find out who put the bullet in the gun he fired, that was supposed to be empty, that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza.

“There’s only one question to be resolved, and that’s where did the live round come from?” Baldwin said.

Baldwin said in a clip from the interview released a day earlier that “I didn’t pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.”

He said it was Hutchins herself who asked him to point the gun just off camera and toward her armpit before it went off.

Baldwin said at Hutchins’ direction he pulled the hammer back.

“I let go of the hammer and ‘bang’ the gun goes off,” he said.

When Stephanopoulos told Baldwin that many say you should never point a gun directly at someone on a set, he responded, “unless the person is the cinematographer who was directing me where to point the gun for her camera angle.”

Baldwin said it was 45 minutes to an hour before he began to understand that a live round had been in the gun, and didn't know it for sure until he was being interviewed hours later. He thought Hutchins might have been hurt by a blank at close range or had a heart attack.

“The idea that somebody put a live bullet in the gun was not even in reality.”

He had one of several tearful moments when he described Hutchins, saying she was “somebody who was loved by everybody and admired by everybody who worked with her.”

Baldwin said he was doing the interview to counter public misconceptions about the shooting and to make it clear that “I would go to any lengths to undo what happened.”

But Baldwin said “I want to make sure that I don’t come across like I'm the victim because we have two victims here.”

Investigators have described “some complacency” in how weapons were handled on the “Rust” set. They have said it is too soon to determine whether charges will be filed, amid independent civil lawsuits concerning liability in the fatal shooting.

Baldwin said he met with the film’s armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reed for a gun training session before the shoot, and she appeared capable and responsible.

“I assumed because she was there and she was hired that she was up to the job," he said.

Gutierrez Reed has been the subject of much of the scrutiny in the case. Her attorney has said she did not put the round in the gun, and believes she was the victim of sabotage. Authorities say they've found no evidence of that.

Baldwin, who was also a producer on the film, said there was no indication to him that crew members were unhappy with safety conditions on the set, though some resigned over the issue.

“I never heard one word about that, none,” Baldwin said.

Baldwin said complaints about cost-cutting on the film have been misguided.

“Everybody who makes movies has the responsibility not to be reckless and careless with the money that you’re given,” he said.

Asked by Stephanopoulos whether the cost-cutting compromised safety, Baldwin said “In my opinion no.”

“I personally did not observe any safety or security issues at all in the time I was there,” he said.

Baldwin said he does not believe he will be criminally charged in the shooting.

“I’ve spoken to the sheriff’s department multiple times,” he said. I don’t have anything to hide."

He said the incident left him emotionally ravaged.

“I have dreams about this constantly,” he said, " wake up constantly where guns are going off. These images have come into my mind and kept me awake at night and I haven’t slept for weeks and I’ve really been struggling physically.”

Asked by Stephanopoulos if his career is over, Baldwin said, “It could be.”

He said his next production still wants him, “but I said to myself, ‘do I want to work much more after this?’"

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Eek

He comes off like a really piece of shit in that article!

"There's two victims here, and it's not me..." But it's me, because I'm a victim too! I didn't mention to do it, but I did it. But I didn't pull the trigger. I'd never point a gun at anyone, unless it was the cinematographer because that's what you do!

Like I said- keep talking Alec, keep on talking!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Wow, as fascinating as it is loathsome.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I might have killed myself...

Way to fucking make it about you. What a POS.

I'm glad your daughter married Justin Beiber. You deserve to be stoned.

I haven't weighed in on this thread cause it's congested enough but what I punk move. You're a punk and I'll volunteer to hand your ass the beating you deserve. I won't feel regret asshole.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Of course this nauseating cuck will try to evade consequences. What's more infuriating is a nefarious media that will entertain this nonsensical fairytale simply because the POS is a member of their political team. This country is absolutely rudderless without a functioning news media.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Bo Duke has taken him on https://www.foxnews.com/entert...g-didnt-pull-trigger

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Actually, according to the first press conference held by the Santa Fe Sheriff and DA on 27 Oct., posted on page 28 of this thread, the gun that fired the fatal round was a Pietta . 45 LC, although the Sheriff didn't mention which model.

Pietta USA

Thanks for the correction MDS. I saw the same video but my alleged memory failed me. Frown

Does the Pietta has an action more like the original or more like the Uberti? Curious…

Very interested to read an answer to this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actors act. That's why they get paid.

He's acting.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Actors act. That's why they get paid.

He's acting.

Correct. He's getting ready for the eventual criminal & civil court cases. He wants to be on record that even though he was handling a firearm in an unsafe manner & as a result two people were shot, it's everybody's fault but his.

Speaking of acting. I quit watching Saturday Night Live years ago when Ackroyd, Belushi, and Chase left, and it stopped being funny; but I'm waiting for them to invite Baldwin back to do a comedy shit about this. They're quick to make asses out of anything a progressive does, but they have nothing to say about this. And Baldwin was one of their regular guests.

Or.....SNL could have Donald Trump on the show making an ass of Alec Baldwin. Now I'd tune in for that!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
According to the Pietta manual for the 1873 SAA, the revolver has a transfer system like modern guns…..so he HAD to pull the trigger to make it go bang.

https://www.taylorsfirearms.co...le_Action_Manual.pdf

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be fair, Bieber’s wife is Alex’s niece. She is daughter of Stephen Baldwin. I believe he may be the rational Baldwin, I know one of the brothers leans right as opposed to insane. This young lady in particular supported Bernie sanders so that tells you all you need to know.

quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I might have killed myself...

Way to fucking make it about you. What a POS.

I'm glad your daughter married Justin Beiber. You deserve to be stoned.

I haven't weighed in on this thread cause it's congested enough but what I punk move. You're a punk and I'll volunteer to hand your ass the beating you deserve. I won't feel regret asshole.

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
He didn't pull the trigger, he pressed the trigger.
Depends on what the meaning of the word is, is.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Stephen Baldwin is very conservative which is probably why he gets no work in Hollywood any longer. I liked him in that tv series about the Pony Express years ago. Can't remember the name of it now. Anthony Zerbe was in it as well.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Stephen Baldwin is very conservative which is probably why he gets no work in Hollywood any longer. I liked him in that tv series about the Pony Express years ago. Can't remember the name of it now. Anthony Zerbe was in it as well.
The Young Riders 1989-92

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Too bad he didn't "..feel responsible.." and carry through with killing himself. What BS. He doesn't have the temerity to kill himself. Like all narcissists.

He is acting here to taint any potential Jury pool. And I hope it all blows up in his leftist face. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the pistol he used had a transfer bar safety or not but its basic firearm safety that you never lower the hammer while the gun is being pointed at something you're not willing to shoot.
I don't do this on a modern pistol that has a de-cocking lever and certainly not on a S/A pistol.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The hammer dropper did it...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dude just yaks and yaks, dont he? What a moron! Wonder what his lawyers think about him shooting off his mouth constantly?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
He didn't pull the trigger, he pressed the trigger.
Depends on what the meaning of the word is, is.

Welcome Mr. Clinton. Smile

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post