SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well ol' AB has touted criminalizing gun owners, and had a vendetta against the industry, demonized police, and been an all around dick.

Love to see him sitting in the accused chair, team of lawyers in front of a jury of his peers, actually, no, just plead guilty and go to jail, maybe he'll be able to make a movie about his time being incarcerated..

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If only he had used an AR-15.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If only he had used an AR-15.

Well they did have a Sharps on set....

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, he's murdered his career, so there's that...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
I'm hoping he will also be convicted.
Well, he's murdered his career, so there's that...

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
My theory is based on the fact that Baldwin met with the family.

Not his attorney, not a emissary, he went.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the settlement groundwork has been laid.

Even if they did everything by the book and they took all possible precautions, it would still be the right thing to do to make sure her family never had to worry about missing her income. The life can't be replaced, but he has the power to make it right financially and not miss one penny of the money.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Accurate or not, and it being opinion or not, I'm surprised the officer stated "I think there was some complacency on this set."

IANAL, but ISTM that's almost certain to be cited as prejudicial by somebody's defense.

No, it is a legit thing for a cop to say. It may be prejudicial, in that it is bad for someone, but it isn't unfairly prejudicial. Cops quite often offer testimony that isn't in someone's interest. And this isn't even testimony.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Even if they did everything by the book and they took all possible precautions, it would still be the right thing to do to make sure her family never had to worry about missing her income. The life can't be replaced, but he has the power to make it right financially and not miss one penny of the money.

True. But that could have been done with anyone except Baldwin. I am not an attorney but sending the person who pulled the trigger and killed your wife/daughter to your home is not a good idea.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance he will go on The View and give gun safety demos?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh to be a fly on the wall in these crisis mgt meetings...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Comeuppance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The producers of the movie Rust has hired Jenner and Block as their attorneys to represent them during the investigation of the fatal shooting on the movie set. I was just reading about this law firm yesterday as they investigated and released a report on sexual abuse in the Chicago Blackhawks system that was just recently released. Their report is blowing up the Blackhawks and the NHL.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recall where I heard this, but... "if AB was doing a Russian roulette scene, he most certainly would have checked the gun beforehand". So why did he not treat this gun and circumstance with the same care?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know what you're getting at but I hate the discussion of placing a dollar value on someone's life. Regarding Ms. Hutchins, no amount of money will change the impact to the life of her son of losing his mother.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:

I know what you're getting at but I hate the discussion of placing a dollar value on someone's life. Regarding the woman killed, no amount of money will change the impact to the life of her daughter of losing her mother.

I don't like it either. Not one bit.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What is the likelihood of the attorneys trying to spin this into a work comp claim?

My older brother handled work comp/casualty claims for State Farm after he was an arson investigator and paid out many death/dismemberment claims. Most critical injuries/deaths were meter readers or postal workers killed by dog attacks.

Always were 100% payouts.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
On behalf of whom?

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so why is he not in jail?

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In a manner of speaking, he is.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
On behalf of whom?

Her family and the assistant director injured.

It happened on a job site.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post