SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
All right, then.
I wondered if there was some such explanation, but the wording "on this quarantine" definitely had me confused.

Thanks for asking the question! I blew by that part, figuring it was lousy grammar, being lazy an using on instead of during, or short for “on this quarantine staycation”. However, I was apparently in the weeds, thinking it was about let her armpits go longer than usual without shaving. Learn something new every day...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I heard on Rush Limbaugh yesterday that queen Nancy had some tv cameras in her house. She was showing how she was handling the trauma of 'lockdown.' She posed next to two $5000 (each) fridges, and showed off her stash of ice cream. . .

Yeah, like we need to know how our masters in congress are 'suffering' alongside us peons. . .

Oh. Okay. I guess.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Big Grin Subtle but hilarious!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Not getting the mountain with the American flag projected on it.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Not getting the mountain with the American flag projected on it.

That is reportedly a picture of the Matterhorn (Switzerland) that someone has figured out a way to project images onto. That one is obviously a rendition of the US flag, but supposedly he has projected other images as well.

Not a “meme,” but some would consider it to be a “fun” picture and therefore it fits the original thread request.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
For the complainers about pictures in the meme thread, look at the title again.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Big Grin Subtle but hilarious!

Kindly, please explain it to me. I'm clueless.

Thank you.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ The Bloods gang members wear red and the Crips gang members wear blue.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
It's the color of the bandannas. Two rival gangs in the U.S. the Crips and the Bloods use these colors.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I heard on Rush Limbaugh yesterday that queen Nancy had some tv cameras in her house. She was showing how she was handling the trauma of 'lockdown.' She posed next to two $5000 (each) fridges, and showed off her stash of ice cream. . .

The actual retail price on her two SubZero Classic series Over and Under refrigerator/freezer units are $11,000 each.
And the Jeni's ice cream she stocked are $12 a pint.

"Let 'em eat cake..."

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
^^^ The Bloods gang members wear red and the Crips gang members wear blue.

Ok, watched enough TV to know about them but thought it was a local thing. Not big enough, in my general picture, to cross my mind.
Explanation included, i find it very subtle AND funny.

Thanks for the help. Both of you.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I like yellow bananas... Yo.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
It's the color of the bandannas. Two rival gangs in the U.S. the Crips and the Bloods use these colors.
I would never in this World have made that connection. I have no knowledge of gang issues.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Why is Spiderman kneeling in the store aisle and burying his head in the Uncle Ben's Rice box?

flashguy

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Spider-Man’s uncle was named Ben, and after he was killed by a burglar, SM was devastated by the loss and that turned him into a crime fighter (as I recall the origin story long ago). The box evidently reminded him.

I am no follower of any of that, just an example of the sort of things I absorb by osmosis, it seems.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I would never in this World have made that connection. I have no knowledge of gang issues.

That is somewhat interesting as the DFW area is known for having more than a few gangs

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

That is somewhat interesting as the DFW area is known for having more than a few gangs
That may be true (I don't doubt you) but I don't associate with gangs or have a reason to encounter them (not a LEO), and I probably don't go many places where they operate. My circle of friends is small and social activity very limited to select groups. I have no children, so contact via that avenue is also missing. As I often say--I don't get out much.

sigfreund, thanks for the explanation.

flashguy

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Turf war in a Wal-Mart? Okay. Just wondering why the picture was reversed.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Just wondering why the picture was reversed.

Because it was a mirrored, "selfie" pic.

My phone settings are set to correct the image whenever i use the front camera.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
(Change topic)
FWIW, I think Bob has a tummyache.

flashguy