SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? Login/Join 
posted
A cowboy hands down.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Baseball Player Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
First it was a doctor. Then a cop.

I still think I would have enjoyed a medical career.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First and foremost was a baseball player

But then injuries and reality set in during my senior of high school:

Psychiatrist
Serve in the Army
Police Officer

I got two of the three
I always struggled with math and then the advanced sciences needed. (In reality and to be honest I was lazy and did not want to get a tutor or put in the extra effort)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fighter pilot.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Astronomer.
Doctor was never on the radar.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
A Pilot. I'm saving up for my Pilot's license and training. I will hopefully do it next year. The one thing I told myself before I graduated, is I would do anything but sales. Guess who has 12 years of sales experience?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
As a kid, I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up but I’m pretty certain it wasn’t this...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Former major league third baseman Graig Nettles, who played for the Yankees during the Steinbrenner era, famously said, “When I was a little boy I wanted to join the circus and be a baseball player. With the Yankees, I’ve accomplished both.”

That being said, I wanted to play hockey and be a police officer. In hockey, I instead ended up with a rewarding 33-year amateur officiating career that included five seasons in the minor pro leagues. And this is my 34th year in law enforcement, comprising both full-time and reserve service.

I’ve been blessed.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
When I was 5, I had aspirations to be a garbage man. When I was 10, I set my sights a little higher and wanted to be an astronaut.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Basketball player.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In middle school, I wanted to be a photojournalist. That fascination lasted a number of years, I was in love with B&W photography. I couldn't afford the great gear, I used to go to Frank's Camera in the L.A. area on those rare Saturdays to just look at all of the equipment and hang out with the crowds. By the middle of high school, that dream disappeared.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Astronaut or Astronomer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Stuntman. Also, the deadliest man in the world.

Neither worked out. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
My parents took me on a tour of destroyer when I was 6, I was hooked. When I was 17 I signed up. 5 days after my 18th birthday I was in. Shortly after my 40th I was out.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to drive 18 wheelers.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Milkman - I even got to go on a route with ours and cruising around with open doors.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My favorite older cousin walked a beat in Brooklyn. He was my hero. I really wanted to be a cop, just like him.

The closest I got was some Shore Patrol time in the Navy.

Later, around the mid 1970s, when I worked for a consulting company, I also spent a bunch of time with the Chicago PD, leading a team that was doing a requirements study for an communication system that would pull all of the separate systems that they had, into an integrated system. That gave me an interesting insight into the inner workings of a large city police department.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Early Teens: Rock 'n Roll Star - Didn't Work Out
Late Teens: Architect - Didn't Work Out
Later Teens: Became Nuclear Mechanic in the Navy - Did My Time
Career: 40+ years of Commercial Banking - Sorta Worked Out
Retired: Haven't decided yet after 5 years.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Kid: Cop or fighter pilot.

Reality: I spent 15 years writing weight loss and boob enhancement ads.

Good to be part of something that really makes a difference...

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post