SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Turns out, what I wanted to be when I grew up was "retired".

Can't say that I appreciate "wrinkled" being part of the deal tho.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15232 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I wanted to be a military pilot since I was 5 years old. Built tons of model airplanes growing up, reading about pilots and airplanes. By the time I was in junior high I could name just about any WW2 aircraft you showed a picture of.

I’m fortunate and thankful that I got to fulfill that childhood dream. But I never did grow up or out of my love a flying and airplanes.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I can deal with wrinkles, it's the knees that I find annoying.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Rich.

flashguy

Is that before or after Uncle Sam got his cut?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Wallowing indefinitely in middle management. Hurray!!!! I made it!!!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My goal was to race a sports car at the Le Mans 24-hour race. My occupational test in high school said I was best suited to be a history teacher.

I spent 22 years in the military and retired with an engineer degree.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I can deal with wrinkles, it's the knees that I find annoying.

Fer shure. Shoulders full of bursitis ain't high on my list either.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15232 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Baseball player and then a Marine.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a dirigible, can you get a better view? I think not

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I wanted to be a designer and apply for a shitload of patents. My current job won't allow me to have my own patent, so I'm sitting on roughly twelve ideas that I'll apply for as soon as I retire. So honestly?

Who here didn't want to drive a train?

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I can't say I had any desires for any as a kid.

Got interested in politics in high school and it was then they I figured out about the best job on the planet was U.S, Senator. Figured the best way to get there was starting as an attorney. Marriage got in the way of law school and by the time I finally got around to taking the LSAT and applying, I was too old to ever recover the cost.

The Senate would still be my grail job though.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
I would vote for you,but I live elsewhere.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I wanted to be a commercial pilot, but 9/11 happening during my Sr. year of HS tanked the industry and killed that dream along with it.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a dirigible, can you get a better view? I think not

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
electrician but could never pass the math, it just never made since to me, funny thing is I program my cnc everyday using trig.

Posts: 5595 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Helicopter pilot. I read a book about a Vietnam helicopter pilot and decided it was what I wanted to do.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Left alone.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Archeologist/Anthropologist.....Became a Firefighter/Elect., Apartment Owner/manager/janitor/fixer. Retired now and still enjoy looking and picking up old remains of time past.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
A policeman, and I actually did, in the USAF and my son became a K-9 deputy.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
An architect...wanted to design buildings....but wound up as a cop.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post