SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    question/discussion for LEO regarding lawful orders
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question/discussion for LEO regarding lawful orders Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take a protection from abuse order for example. Wife goes down to the local court house and says my husband threatened to kill me with his gun. Mind you no police report was ever filed, no investigation took place, no jury of your peers. Judge grants order and wife drops it off at the local sheriff office to be served. Police tell husband he is instantly barred from his house and his guns are to be turned over. Not one criminal charge is ever filed.

^^^^^^
In my experience this sort of thing is state specific. There are penalties for false statments. Domestic violence laws also differ from state to state and depend also on the attitudes of local law enforcement.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Take a protection from abuse order for example. Wife goes down to the local court house and says my husband threatened to kill me with his gun. Mind you no police report was ever filed, no investigation took place, no jury of your peers. Judge grants order and wife drops it off at the local sheriff office to be served. Police tell husband he is instantly barred from his house and his guns are to be turned over. Not one criminal charge is ever filed.

^^^^^^
In my experience this sort of thing is state specific. There are penalties for false statments. Domestic violence laws also differ from state to state and depend also on the attitudes of local law enforcement.

I have been warning people about EPOs for a while.

We DO NOT confiscate guns in these cases. We have family members come and get them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post