SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are the SF members you've met?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are the SF members you've met? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
All the good folks that I've met:

straightshooter1 - Met up with him and his lovely wife today (yesterday now) for lunch at Stockyard BBQ on Westheimer. Nicest people. He came in from out of state to visit one of his daughters here in H-town. BBQ was great. Afterward, we went to Collectors Firearms which was just across the street and window shopped. The last time I visited Collectors was many years ago, when they were at the original and smaller location. This one is YUUUUGE, about at least three times the size of the old place, and those who have been at the old location know it was already a big place. Those who know Collectors know the saying, "It's like going to a gun show, but you can't buy anything because everything is so damn expensive." Lol. But, the really great part of Collectors is their incredible and extensive collection of antique firearms. Saw one that was "used to shoot Crazy Horse". Big Grin Thank you, Bob, for inviting me.

Others members I've met over the years:

sigmonkey - He drove all the way from FL to pick up a guitar that he bought from some local guy that I picked up and held for him. He was going to try to arrange for either V-Tail or erj_pilot to fly it back for him, but that didn't work out. We had spaghetti dinner, and he drove back right after. Big Grin

erj_pilot - Dropped by the clinic a few times to chit chat. My cheap Folger coffee isn't good enough for him. Lol.

straightshooter01 - We communicated many times online. Finally met him, when he drove down for some pistol match and also to pick up a P225 I sold him. Smile

kingfish007 - B/S/T with him numerous times. Always had something new to chat about. Cool

Jay Wendland - Won my very first SF Karma (a P6) several years ago. Think he was a car mechanic at the time. He seems to have disappeared from SF.

TxRoadrunner - Won my LMT MRP Karma. Great lady. She was doing God's work helping out the victims of hurricane Harvey. Cool

P250UA5 - Won my Dissy AR Karma. Works just down the road from my clinic.

smschulz - Sold him some HK pistol (think it was the USP Elite 45, but my memory could be foggy) many years ago at American Shooting Centers.

Edited to correct my spelling error of smschulz's handle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I met LBJ many years ago when we had a Sigforum dinner at his favorite restaurant (Mariano's?). Some years later at a dinner in Irving somewhere I met texassierra, 220ST, LZ-226, dallas239, Biggame 10683, Slippery Pete, Tailhook84 and his wife, and NAVYGUY. I haven't seen posts from most of those recently. I met some others at Tolbert's in Grand Prairie but I didn't identify them on the photo so I can't say who they were.

We haven't had a group dinner in a long time. We need to fix that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think only gjgalligan from an ammo group buy and Todd the refinishing guy who no longer posts here. If anyone else, it would be from local groups that members may have sporadically posted here years ago.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I've met RTQuig, which was cool.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
RhinoWSO and I were good friends, shooting buddies, kids played together. He was a good guy.

Sigmonkey has all my respect. We were to go shooting but I think we wound up just eating lunch.

VTHOKY is another respectable member. We had lunch and a beer.

BurtonRW did me a solid and we met at a gas station. (That sounds horrible! Lol)

I’ve purchased a few items and picked up locally from muddle_mann. Nice guy.

Dean, I forget his username, the 99$ trust guy, met him 10-12 years ago. Very nice dude.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ heavyd

His website: https://nfalawyers.com/

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
VTAIL and WRECKDIVER. Both class gentlemen.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I held a SigShoot/BBQ here, at my ranch and met a bunch. All great people!

But a few, have been invaluable friends.
JHE888, Swain, Toad, DryFly, Prefontaine, Slippery Pete.

It's probably time to do it again!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met ApplianceBrad and his wife when they were MQT.
Great guy!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have met many from Texas in the past but am not sure any are still here.

I met parabellum and his bride last yea.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
VTail, ArtieS, Bigredfish on a work trip in FL

Jhe, Jimbo, george43 dinner after the NRA convention a few years ago

12131 winning his karma rifle

Tatortodd & I have been on a few motorcycle rides

Briefly talked to JJones at the above NRA convention, but didn't really get a chance to link it to the forum, they were pretty busy in the booth he was in (Apex, maybe?)

Raggedhole at the old Collector's Firearms location

Ironchef loaned me a sight pusher to put night sights on my P320C

911Boss, digitally via Peloton during a ride

Planning on meeting up with tigereye in the not too distant future.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Marzy, Cockatoo, SigMonkey, RolanCraps, and a few others that names escape me. Had lunch with Rolan maybe 10 years ago it seems.

Marzy & Crew at one of the Bullets & Buns BBQ they had. Was good times!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I think only gjgalligan from an ammo group buy and Todd the refinishing guy who no longer posts here. If anyone else, it would be from local groups that members may have sporadically posted here years ago.

Yes, we met during that group ammo buy. I also have met Appiance Brad through Michigan Gun Owners.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was really wonderful to meet up with 12131 yesterday for the great BBQ at the Stockyard.

I came to Houston, as he said, to see one of my daughters, and the one from PA flew in so we had a great reunion. PA gal flew out yesterday morning, so my wife and I consoled ourselves with Stockyard BBQ and a great visit with 12131.

The Stockyard is small, does a lot of takeout I think, and is a real treasure if you like tender, BBQ Brisket (we do).

12131 is a treasure, too, and we already count him as a friend. Very smart, very nice and he’s a gun-guy. Quite a guy. And truly an asset to our Forum.

Collectors is another treasure, too, but you gotta empty your piggy bank to buy anything there. We looked, didn’t buy.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I met downtownv. we live fairly close and I work in the town he lives in.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel left out 12131
We met twice I am still the proud recipient of two of your collection.

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Didls:
I feel left out 12131
We met twice I am still the proud recipient of two of your collection.

Oh God, so sorry my friend. I knew my memory was failing somewhere earlier this morning. My apologies again. Smile

Q

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

smschulz - Sold him some HK pistol (think it was the USP Elite 45, but my memory could be foggy) many years ago at American Shooting Centers.

Yep, surprised you remembered and it was the HK Tactical in 40SW.

Good times!

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’ve met about 20+ people from here in person.

Plus or minus a handful. Most are no longer here … and I won’t embarrass the others. Wink

However, some of my best friends come from this place.

There are some members who are just too far away to meet up with atm, but eventually we will get to shake hands. Have a few trips to plan since I have not traveled in a while; need to go see some peoples.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I used to work as a cop with another member decade ago.
Last July I met a member to buy some primers in western NC…and for the life of me I can’t recall his name…we chatted in the parking lot of a tractor supply for an hour. Great guy.

ETA: Georgia Boy is his name!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post