SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are the SF members you've met?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are the SF members you've met? Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bgouker:
I met several at r2mach1`s shoots in Ft. Morgan. LBJ, Modern Day Savage, Sweden, and others I don't remember. Some days I am lucky to remember my own name. Haven't heard from Ryan for quite a while.

Help me out here bgouker. I don't think we attended the same shoots but If we met I'd really like to figure out which shoot it was and when. I feel terrible if I somehow forgot meeting you, and if we did meet maybe it will help me put a name to a couple unidentified faces in my photos.

In addition to forum members, some brought friends/ family along, and in at least one shoot, several range members unaffiliated with the forum showed up and shot at the same time as our shoot was being held, so it could be a little difficult to keep track of who's who.

I've got photos and a list of the small group that attended the first shoot in 2007, but I can't recall if we held one or two shoots that first year. I've got many more photos from at least one of the shoots held in 2008. It's possible I could have additional photos from other shoots on an external hard drive that is currently inop, and I haven't tried to have it repaired or recovered data from it yet.

From one of the 2008 shoots I've got two unidentified people. Any chance you could be either:

- a white guy, average height, dark hair, long-sleeve beige pull-over collared shirt, tucked into blue jeans with sunglasses hanging from a back pocket, wearing a leather vertical shoulder holster. I think this man brought an HK SL-8 to the shoot...or was shooting one brought to the shoot.

OR

- a white guy, average height, dark hair, blue collared short-sleeve button down shirt worn untucked, khaki cargo pants, and a khaki baseball cap with sunglasses worn on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

In NC, I went to at least two Forum shoots and I really forgot a lot of the characters there. I know jelrod was there and another current poster whose name I forgot. That shoot was in SC just outside of Charlotte and I'm sure there were other members there too. At a shoot in Winston Salem, there were probably 8 of us. I want to say PizzaBob was there, but I'm not sure if that's correct. I know I bought a bunch of 30 carbine reloading stuff off someone.

I was at the indoor shoot in Winston-Salem. I was pretty new at that time and didn’t know any names. I do remember Agony let me shoot a stainless 220 he had that was extremely accurate and someone brought a suppressed .22 lr pistol that was fun. It was really loud inside the range and nearly impossible to carry on a conversation. I wish I had learned and remembered more names.

I was there in Winston-Salem. I remember Agony and Honda were there. Was it Agony who brought the S&W .44 Magnum Model 29? I think it was at the store/range that Senator Elect Tedd Budd now owns.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I met several of you fine gentlemen at a shoot in Pageland, SC.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:

In NC, I went to at least two Forum shoots and I really forgot a lot of the characters there. I know jelrod was there and another current poster whose name I forgot. That shoot was in SC just outside of Charlotte and I'm sure there were other members there too. At a shoot in Winston Salem, there were probably 8 of us. I want to say PizzaBob was there, but I'm not sure if that's correct. I know I bought a bunch of 30 carbine reloading stuff off someone.

I was at the indoor shoot in Winston-Salem. I was pretty new at that time and didn’t know any names. I do remember Agony let me shoot a stainless 220 he had that was extremely accurate and someone brought a suppressed .22 lr pistol that was fun. It was really loud inside the range and nearly impossible to carry on a conversation. I wish I had learned and remembered more names.

I was there in Winston-Salem. I remember Agony and Honda were there. Was it Agony who brought the S&W .44 Magnum Model 29? I think it was at the store/range that Senator Elect Tedd Budd now owns.

Pretty sure it was ProShots, but I've been gone so long from NC, I've got no idea who's who or what's what.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the privilege of meeting probably two dozen forum members over the years. All great folks, too. A bunch of members attended a Bruce Gray and Flork practical fundamentals class up at the SIG Academy back in 2006. There were many there including Michael Bane and Erhart. It’s hard to remember everyone who was there! Frank, Scott and John, forgive me but your forum handles escape me.

When I lived in ATL there were many forum shoots, and the incomparable BBQs/shoots at Screaming Cockatoo’s place. Great times had by all. I even got to meet the one and only Sigmonkey at one of the shoots. And Marzy, of course.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Met several at the Sigforum shoot at the Firing Line in 2015, met Rightwire and Appliance Brad and several others whom I’ve forgotten their names. Have had a few email discussions with various members over different topics also.

Used to answer GM parts questions for several members before I retired in ‘17 but no longer have access to the parts information since.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only met one, Del A. He lives just north of me.
Gave him two or three thousand rounds of once fired brass.
I hope he has put them to good use!

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Also. I had totally forgot until now.

YEARS ago... probably 12'ish years ago. My AC was giving me problems. Marzy swang by and diagnosed it with a bad capacitor or was having issues starting. He either threw on a hard start kit or a new Cap. Can't remember which one.

Didn't ask for a dime.

Also 45CAL I never had the pleasure to meet. But he gifted me with honey more than once. Fantastic people.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is 45CAL the one with a range in a tunnel under his house? I think it may have been 2010 when I visited that person and we shot my .45 Win Mag and .50AE LAR "Grizzly" pistols there. I remember that he kept bees. If my map is correct, the house was on King Arthur Ct. in Atlanta, Georgia. There were a couple of other SF guys came to that shoot, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I spent several hours this morning going through old hard drives and old emails, and updated the list I posted previously.

In my SIGforum shoot photos I do still have a few unidentified people from the 2008 shoot.

I used to have a couple of photos of the one I attended, but they're on a hard drive that has long since departed.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Was at an epic shoot at Jeff Yarchin's cabin in the NC mountains. V-Tail and SigMonkey were there and maybe 2 or 3 others, whose names I forget. Still have pictures of that one somewhere, including dual wielding Benelli M4s.

I was at that shoot, met Jeff, V-Tail, Sigmonkey, Oat, DrDan, Swain and 280Nosler and maybe some more that escape my memory. Oat, I took the photos that day and I remember the dual welding shot well.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I wrote this thread off days ago knowing I hadn't met any of y'all

It just dawned on me that I had met YellowJacket a couple of times, he's good people

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is 45CAL the one with a range in a tunnel under his house? I think it may have been 2010 when I visited that person and we shot my .45 Win Mag and .50AE LAR "Grizzly" pistols there. I remember that he kept bees. If my map is correct, the house was on King Arthur Ct. in Atlanta, Georgia. There were a couple of other SF guys came to that shoot, too.

flashguy

Thanks old friend,I am still sucking up oxygen,shoot my carry every couple weeks,the [hood you know]
I suppose I have met many dozen members ,some are gone,we just get old and fade away.
I have downsized my collection,some sold but more given to old friends.I get more pleasure from that than the my kids pawning them for much less .
Thanks for the remembrance

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

Also 45CAL I never had the pleasure to meet. But he gifted me with honey more than once. Fantastic people.

I'll be darned. I didn't know we had any beekeepers on the forum. For some unknown reason I've developed an interest, or at least a curiosity, about this activity recently.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:
I spent several hours this morning going through old hard drives and old emails, and updated the list I posted previously.

In my SIGforum shoot photos I do still have a few unidentified people from the 2008 shoot.

I used to have a couple of photos of the one I attended, but they're on a hard drive that has long since departed.

I know I made it to the first shoot held in 2007, at least one, possibly both of them in 2008, and I think at least one shoot in the 2010-2012 timeframe. I was the unofficial photographer for the first shoot or two, but when a new member showed up with his camera I backed off on documenting the fun, relying on him to take most of the photos. I still have a list of the original first shoot attendees, both forum members and friends, but it gets pretty busy when you're trying to meet and photograph members, maintain range safety situational awareness, and still find time to actually have fun shooting guns, so I failed to make lists for later shoots, which I'm kicking myself over now. I was relying on photos and members posts in threads to keep track of who attended and all the fun we had, but those thread discussions have long since been pruned.

The first shoot had a relatively small turnout so it was easy to keep track of everyone, but later shoots slowly grew in popularity and we had many more people in attendance.

I don't think you and I attended the same shoots... but if you are telling me that we met then I'm going to make an appointment to get my head examined, because I sure don't recall having the pleasure of meeting you.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think you and I attended the same shoots... but if you are telling me that we met then I'm going to make an appointment to get my head examined, because I sure don't recall having the pleasure of meeting you.

No need to recall meeting me. I don't remember which year I attended. I only made one because its an awfully long haul from Pueblo to Fort Morgan, and back again.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Thanks old friend,I am still sucking up oxygen,shoot my carry every couple weeks,the [hood you know]
I suppose I have met many dozen members ,some are gone,we just get old and fade away.
I have downsized my collection,some sold but more given to old friends.I get more pleasure from that than the my kids pawning them for much less .
Thanks for the remembrance
I'm glad to hear you are still up and around! I had a blast (pun intended) at your place. I don't remember the names of the others who shot with us, but they lived fairly close by, I think.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing no one would be caught dead out here - it's gonna be difficult to meet ya'll.

But I have met 9mmE - he's helped me improve my skills over the years. And I've met UTSig and had an awesome breakfast and a great experience driving over sand to slot canyons - the highlight of the trip.

Sure wish I could meet others.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm single, alone and lonely. If there are any members in the Cincinnati area
I would meet and buy you lunch and shoot the breeze. I'm not an expert on anything
but I love my guns.

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Officially added tigereye to my 'members met' list, today
Got in some archery range time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post