SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are the SF members you've met?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are the SF members you've met? Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
After 2 1/2 years here, I finally met a fellow member in person. Wife and I were on one of our many trips from Albuquerque to Central Texas and met Legal Beagle on the way. He purchased some items from my SF post so we swung by his place to deliver. Super nice guy (even though I had confused him with Dean P). He couldn’t join us for lunch as he was at work but gave me directions to the nearest Popeyes Smile. Hope to meet more of the folks I have met in this virtual world as time goes by.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Met lbj and Arc and about a dozen other members that aren't around here any longer at the 2005 Sig Forum CT shoot.
Lbj was visiting CT for a couple weeks then; I had an enjoyable dinner and also a lunch with him.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
VTAIL and WRECKDIVER. Both class gentlemen.

Where is V Tail?? No posts since Halloween

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
It's been 15+ years since I have seen any SF folks in person. There were some regular DFW meetups and range days around 2005 that I attended. Met Flashguy and LBJ at dinner, Rainman64 at the range.

Sometime around 2005 we had 50 or so people at a range day at TacPro Shooting Center outside Weatherford, TX. There were people that drove up from Houston, New Mexico, and several other states. Most of us went to lunch at a place in Thurber. It is the safest restaurant I have ever been to. There were at least 30 concealed carriers at the lunch table! I have some pictures of that day on an old computer somewhere I need to dig up.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've met a few:

Artie, V-Tail, Big Deal, Dave and a couple more who I don't believe are active much more (Uncle Sandman & Tango Sierra).

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Where is V Tail?? No posts since Halloween

He's around, he's been busy. Saw him twice this week and we are meeting for lunch today.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Good to hear he's doing well.

Hoping to get time to stop in Mimi's to meet Dave when we're in CA the next 2 summers for HS graduations.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've lost count.

We need another legendary GA Sig Shoot that eclipses the 2005 shoot.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Who was at that shootout at Rainman's place a few years ago? I met them, but I have a hard time keeping handles associated with actual names.

Some Houston members had a nice dinner out at a Pappasitos even further back, but it was so long ago, I have no idea who was there.

And, I've talked to many folks on the phone over the years, and met some who aren't around any more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head (i.e. apologies if I forgot anyone), I met intentionally, went well, and would meet again:
  • Half the participants at a Bruce Gray Class in Houston 15ish years ago were Sigforumites. That class, the lunches and dinners are one of my best memories involving the shooting sports.
  • Met Rightwire in Calgary. He e-mailed me from his flight into Calgary and fortunately it was a Sunday afternoon so I was free.
  • I've been motorcycling with P250UA5 a couple times.
  • JHE888. He introduced me to the attorney who revised my estate documents. Only got to chat for a few minutes before my appointment.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I used to with jaaron and have met HayesGreener (great guy).

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lead slingin'
    Parrot Head
    Picture of Modern Day Savage
    posted Hide Post
    I've enjoyed and appreciated exchanging emails, texts, or phone calls with many fine members...but if we're talking about just meetings in person... and I'm sure this won't be a complete list, as in some cases I only recall forum screen names and in others I only recall their first names but, off the top of my head, I've had the pleasure of meeting:

- lbj

- Growler67

- r2mach1

- CO traveller later renamed Sweden

- P239_girl

- Bianchi59 let me shoot his new SIG 1911 GSR, but who has since passed away. Heck of a nice guy, but darned if I can recall his forum screen name though. (Did some digging and found his forum screen name.)

- robertth

- big_pinoy

- rotab

- E26R-40-BSE seem to recall meeting his wife as well.

- Alpine

- Ian Rice

- mtnplinker

I really enjoyed meeting these folks, several more than once, and we had some great days together.

There are a handful of others, but I'll have to find the time to go through some photos on an old hard drive.

I'd very much like to add several members to my list before they shovel dirt in my face.

ETA: screen names

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I Am The Walrus
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by P250UA5:
    ^ Good to hear he's doing well.

Hoping to get time to stop in Mimi's to meet Dave when we're in CA the next 2 summers for HS graduations.

V-Tail just ordered a fish sandwich, no lettuce. Big Grin

Dave’s shop is awesome. It’s in a really cool community. I always call the shop to make sure he’s there first. Lots of eye candy worth drooling over at his shop.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Stupid
    Allergy
    Picture of dry-fly
    posted Hide Post
    There have been a few over the years I’ve had the pleasure of meeting, two standouts are Cobra21 and Rainman.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Ozarkwoods
    posted Hide Post
    When I was visiting down the road from JAllen I got an invite to his house. Great visit, I miss that man!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Optimistic Cynic
    Picture of architect
    posted Hide Post
    Met Skins and another member whose name/handle I didn't catch in Richmond at Lobby Day 2019, both are stand-up guys.

Met BurtonRW as well.

That's about it, although I have communicated directly (off-forum and under my real name) with several members including the distinguished members Dave Truong, 45 Cal, mark123, and beancooker.

I think I met Tara at the Chantilly gun show some years back. I was working the VCDL table, but I didn't get the chance to talk to her.

I believe I was behind 41 on the highway one time (if the license plate on his truck matches his username).

I can say that every SF member with whom I've interacted has exhibited a solid character and engaging personality, I am honored to know you all.

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fourth line skater
    Picture of goose5
    posted Hide Post
    Many years ago I met a few at a Colorado sigforum shoot up at Fort Morgan. LBJ included and Brywards are the only names I'm remembering at the moment.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Angry Korean
    with a Dark Soul
    Picture of Windhover
    posted Hide Post
    I met Dave Truong…I suspect fair number of the members here have also.

A first rate gentleman is our Dave.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Age Quod Agis
    Picture of ArtieS
    posted Hide Post
    I've met dozens. I've hosted shoots, been to shoots at Ocala National Forest, been to the Bird Brother's Shoot in Georgia, met SF folks for dinners, and met one by accident at a conference.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Why don’t you fix your little
    problem and light this candle
    Picture of redstone
    posted Hide Post
    I met Bigpond73 a few years ago when he was passing through town on business. Such a great guy

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Shaman
    Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
    posted Hide Post
    Goodness gracious, there's so many!
    Holding the BBQ and shoots always draws a big SF crowd from 3 states!

All have been fine people!
    Sigmonkey used to come stay at Casa Cockatoo when he was in Georgia for business.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post