SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How about another ammo group buy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about another ammo group buy? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Tonight, I spoke with Legal Beagle. He's been away from the forum for a while, busy with work and family. If you guys are interested, we can have another group buy.

Last time, the ammunition was from a manufacturer whose name I can't recall. I was pleased with the ammo I received. This time around, the ammunition would be from Eley, a name many of you will recognize; British manufacturer's of ammunition going back to the early 19th century. The ammunition in the group buy would be manufactured by Eley's stateside division.

The ammunition would be, just as last time, 9x19mm 124 grain fmj and 5.56mm 62 grain fmj, or possibly 55 grain M193.

IIRC, the ammunition for the group buy was available in lots of 1000 rounds each. Ammo costs have gone down quite a bit since the first group buy, so prices would be lower this time around.

Details will be forthcoming, but at this time, we're trying to gauge interest from you guys.

This type of thing is something we do rarely in this forum, but Legal Beagle has my trust, for what that's worth to anyone who wasn't around the last time we did this.

Feel free to post your questions or comments in this thread.

As an aside, Legal Beagle tells me he corresponded with some of you about his mom and he wants to let you know that she's doing OK, and so is he.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’d be game.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in too Boss.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you mentioned, prices have come down. I can't remember the details of the last group buy, but the lower prices along with free shipping offered by many vendors now may be hard to beat.

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Depending on cost, I would be interested in 9mm.

Maybe 5.56 also, but not if minimum quantity is 1,000 -- that's more than I will need. Yeah, I know, "stack it deep," but really, how much more of that will I shoot at age 86?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m interested

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Glas to hear LB is doing ok. Sometimes things come in waves.

I was very happy with the ammunition I purchased through that group buy. I would do it again. However, laws in New Yorkistan have changed and we can no longer have ammo delivered to our door (has to be delivered to an FFL so the State can track it). I may have to gift some to my nephew who lives in a free state.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
As you mentioned, prices have come down. I can't remember the details of the last group buy, but the lower prices along with free shipping offered by many vendors now may be hard to beat.
Clearly, if we can't beat what you can get on your own, there is no point in a group buy.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's all in the price, but sure.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested this round, for sure.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any possibility of 22LR? Eley makes some of the best but not sure if it is made stateside.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can ask

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m interested for sure

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d have interest.

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I'm interested...thank you

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Interested. I'd also like to hear if 22LR would be possible.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Couldn't afford to participate last time, but I'm definitely interested this go-round. I'm in for at least one case.

I don't know anything about it, but I'm glad Legal Beagle and his mother are ok.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Subject to price I'd be interested in some 9mm.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested if it works out. I'd be even more interested if there was a. 45 acp option.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post