SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PayPal spins 180 degrees so fast they have whiplash over new "misinformation" policy announcement.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PayPal spins 180 degrees so fast they have whiplash over new "misinformation" policy announcement. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Closed mine, also. Member since 2004.

drendean

Posts: 49 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Data deleted and account closed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4039 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm quite certain you always had the option to check out as a "guest." Meaning the payment goes through PayPal, but you still didn't need an account.
I don't know about that, but, if you're using PayPal to process the payment, anyway, what does it matter?

In any event: It looks like PP is no longer needed, or even particularly advantageous, for transacting business on eBay, so I may just do away with it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Data deleted and account closed. I hadn't used it in three years, but perhaps the mass cancellations will tank their stock and ruin them.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2082 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I just closed my account also.
Unlike my Visa card, it's something I can do without.

Posts: 18131 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Closed mine as well. Hope their stock continues to plummet.

Posts: 3522 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Down 6% yesterday, down 2% today so far. 52 week high: $273.51, today's price: $82.33.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20330 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The ONLY reason I have not already shut mine down is because I have a pile of N scale railroad stuff I am about to put on ebay. It has always been very convienent to just have PP as the preferred payment process for eBay but if that has changed. I will just dump them.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3601 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Down 6% yesterday, down 2% today so far. 52 week high: $273.51, today's price: $82.33.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

RMD

Excellent. These 'woke' nutcases need to realize there's a bite for running their mouths.

Posts: 736 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fa kum. Just closed mine moments ago. "Go Woke, Go Broke". Arrogant bastards.

Awake not woke

Posts: 575 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just closed my paypal account. I've had that acct for over 20 years but good riddance.

Posts: 301 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1741 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"That's an awful nice bank account you got there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it."

You know who's not having a good day today? The people who answer the phone at PayPal customer service.

Posts: 107930 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wondered if that $2,500 idea would be challenged. I never thought it would be changed but I can't say I am surprised as some companies flip/flop.

Posts: 6936 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’d support a rule prohibiting the use of PayPal in all transactions in the SIGforum Classified Section.

I have discussed the PP User Agreement and the ability they have to hit your bank account for a minimum of $2,500 (per occurrence) if you engage in sales of firearms, firearm parts, and ammunition. It has happened more than once, with one gun shop losing around $15k if I recall correctly.

… PayPal and the horse they rode in on, too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31510 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm on day 3 of attempting to get my account closed.

At one point, it was difficult to do a lot of online payment processing without a Paypal account. I ended up a merchant, and with a line of credit from their associated company (synchrony?). Not many companies extend credit to businesses without a personal guarantee, so I kept it to build credit for my company.

With the latest blunder from them no one is going to require Paypal anymore. So I'm glad to cancel. I closed my line of credit with synchrony....but now I can't get Paypal to close my account. I imagine its going to take several weeks. I've sent them proof of the closed account, but Paypal is in such a shitstorm they can't process anything that requires 2 brain cells.

So I deleted everything I could on my account, and I make a point to interact with 3 agents a day attempting to close my account. When they inevitably ghost me...I fill out that survey.

Paypal's going to have to re-brand to come back from this. I'm all too happy to finally close my association with them. I've multiple times over the past several years told them in surveys and phone calls why my company doesn't use them more. This triggering event is a great time to finally cut the ties. I've steered clients away from them over the years, charging 5% +$100 transaction fees for clients that use them, and delaying their work an extra 3 weeks due to Paypal policies, but for a time there was 1 or 2 a year that had to use Paypal for whatever reason. Now I'll just decline the work. I doubt anyone is going to insist on utilizing Paypal again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13960 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Businesses need to drop PayPal and switch to Parallel Economy. It is Dan Bongino's alternative to Stripe, PayPal, etc.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30515 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Businesses need to drop PayPal and switch to Parallel Economy. It is Dan Bongino's alternative to Stripe, PayPal, etc.

I was excited to try this....but I'm not going to pay $9.95 a month for it.

Actually it looks like there is a monthly minimum fee of $15.00

I just don't think enough people will utilize this to cover the minimum fees of $180 a year.

Perhaps a different company.

I figured you guys might like to see the costs associated with Parallel Economy merchant accounts.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13960 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Parallel Economy requires a 36 month commitment also....

www.rikrlandvs.com

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
quote:

I was excited to try this....but I'm not going to pay $9.95 a month for it.

Sorry, I wasn't aware this cost was way above the standard of Stripe and other payment processors. Damn. That's too bad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30515 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post