SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teen in St. Louis, MO viciously beats classmate after school, on camera, update page 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teen in St. Louis, MO viciously beats classmate after school, on camera, update page 2 Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
This is a graphic video, and the beating is savage by the 15 year old perpetrator. The girl on the receiving end is critical. I won't hold my breath for attempted murder charges, nor for the lamestream media to report this, maybe if the roles were revered.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/11/...ght-on-camera-brawl/

I don't know what's more sickening the savagery of the aggressor at 15, or the other kids filming and cheering on, we've devolved into this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Saw that, horrible, the way the gal pounded her head into the blacktop was brutal, then jumping around her, people stepping around, nobody stopping her.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It seems that this trend is expanding around the country. WTF is wrong with people????

Google this: "Gilbert AZ Goons" and you can also google "Gilbert Goons Preston Lord". Preston Lord was beaten to death. Teenage goons/criminals from affluent families. Gilbert is a town in the metro Phoenix AZ area.

There are so many stories of this, I don't know which to link here.

LINK, one of many. The link to the original has links embedded for further info when you click on the dates.

"Here’s a timeline of everything involving Preston Lord, Gilbert Goons, East Valley youth violence
Mar 7, 2024, 3:00 AM | Updated: Mar 12, 2024, 9:51 am

BY KTAR.COM
PHOENIX — The East Valley has been rocked in the past several months due to allegations of teen violence, the emergence of a possible gang called the Gilbert Goons and the death of 16-year-old Preston Lord.

Lord’s October 2023 death brought to light other allegations of violence, involvement from the FBI and more attention to East Valley police departments investigating the cases.

Here’s a timeline of everything we know involving Lord, the Gilbert Goons and the scope of East Valley youth violence:

Nov. 22, 2022
A juvenile was assaulted outside of a home near Higley and Riggs Roads in Gilbert.

RELATED STORIES

Preston Lord's parents release statement about Queen Creek murder investigation

Queen Creek leaders comment on Preston Lord investigation, teen violence in the East Valley

Rachel Mitchell updates public on Preston Lord murder investigation, tells reporters to be patient

East Valley family pushes for ban on brass knuckles after teen boy beaten

Here's what Gilbert Police Chief Michael Soelberg said about ongoing youth violence investigations
Dec. 3
A group of people assaulted an adult in a parking garage on Vaughn Avenue west of Gilbert Road in downtown Gilbert.

Dec. 16
There was an assault on a victim in Gilbert.

Dec. 17
There was an assault near Higley and Elliot roads.

Dec. 30
Connor Jarnagan, 17, was assaulted while in his vehicle by a group of youths outside the In-N-Out Burger on Market Street near Williams Field Road and Santan Village Parkway, leaving him bloodied and requiring staples in his head.

May 29, 2023
A minor was assaulted in Mesa near Val Vista Drive and Pueblo Avenue, between Broadway Road and Baseline Avenue. It wasn’t reported to police until January.

July 6
William Owen Hines, 18, was accused of vehicular assault in connection with an incident that left a victim injured.

Aug. 18
A group of youths violently attacked a minor at the In-N-Out Burger on Market Street in Gilbert.

Oct. 28
Preston Lord, a student at Combs High School, was assaulted outside a Halloween party in Queen Creek and taken to a hospital in critical condition.

Oct. 30
Lord died from his injuries two days after being assaulted. An homicide investigation into his death was opened.

Nov. 14
The FBI joined the Preston Lord investigation, and a $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Nov. 18
A 16-year-old boy was attacked by multiple people in a desert area near Wagon Wheel Road and Sun Dance Drive in San Tan Valley.

Nov. 30
The Queen Creek Police Department said it was making progress in the Lord investigation, noting it had received hundreds of tips through the FBI.

Dec. 22
Queen Creek Police Chief Randy Brice defended the lengthy Lord investigation, which had nearly reached the two-month mark without any arrests. The Arizona Republic previously reported possible links between Lord’s death and a group of youths known as the Gilbert Goons, who have been connected to a string of violent assaults in the East Valley.

Dec. 28
Queen Creek PD announced it submitted charges against seven suspects in the Lord case to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. The list of names, which has not been released, included adults and minors.

Jan. 3, 2024
Gilbert Police Chief Michael Soelberg responded to the charges submitted in the Lord case and denounced youth violence in his city. Soelberg didn’t mention the Gilbert Goons by name but said the department was investigating prior cases involving youths in the past two years to see if there were any connections.

Jan. 5
Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell said the review into charges stemming from Lord’s death would be a lengthy process. Mitchell said her prosecutors had to sift through an 1,800-page police report and 2,000 pieces of evidence, including 600 videos.

Jan. 8
The Gilbert Police Department said it was investigating eight youth violence cases that could involve the Gilbert Goons, including four that were recently reopened. The department said the four new cases came from incidents that were previously unreported and came about through online tips. Police added that the investigations would determine if the Gilbert Goons could be classified as a criminal street gang under Arizona law.

Jan. 9
The Gilbert Town Council unanimously voted to create a three-member subcommittee to address the issue of youth violence. Chief Michael Soelberg said during the meeting that police were investigating nine active cases of youth violence, one more than reported a day earlier.

Jan. 10
Five arrests were announced in connection with violent attacks on minors in the East Valley.

In one case, Jacob Pennington, 20, of Gilbert was arrested for his involvement in the Nov. 18, 2023, attack in San Tan Valley. Pennington said in a post-arrest interview he was associated with the Gilbert Goons, according to a probable cause statement. It was the first connection announced by police between the Gilbert Goons and the violent attacks.

In a separate case, Christopher Fantastic, 18, Aris Arredondo, 18, and two 16-year-olds were arrested on aggravated robbery and aggravated assault charges for the Aug. 18, 2023, attack outside the In-N-Out Burger on Market Street in Gilbert.

Jan. 11
The Gilbert Police Department asked for the public’s help in identifying suspects in five youth violence cases. Police released photos and more information on those cases, two of which were reopened while three others were previously unreported.
Gallery could not load.
Jan. 11
A 17-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the May 29, 2023, assault on a minor in Mesa near Val Vista Drive and Pueblo Avenue. The incident was reported to the Mesa Police Department by the victim’s stepfather a week before the arrest.

Jan. 12
Garrett Bagshaw, 18, was arrested in connection with the Nov. 18, 2023, attack on a 16-year-old boy near Wagon Wheel Road and Sun Dance Drive in San Tan Valley. It was the second arrest in the case.

Jan. 16
Christopher Fantastic, already in custody for the Aug. 18, 2023, attack in Gilbert, was arrested for aggravated assault in the May 29, 2023, incident near Val Vista Drive and Pueblo Avenue in Mesa.

Jan. 24
Kyler Renner, 18, was arrested in connection with two 2022 assaults, one from Nov. 22 near Higley and Riggs roads and one from Dec. 3 at a downtown Gilbert parking garage. Gage Garrison, 18, and an unnamed 17-year-old were also arrested in connection with the parking garage attack.

Jan. 25
A second suspect, an unnamed 17-year-old, was arrested in connection with the Nov. 22, 2022, assault near Higley and Riggs roads.

Jan. 30
Deleon Haynes, 19, and an unnamed 17-year-old were arrested for their alleged roles in the Aug. 18, 2023, assault at an In-N-Out Burger parking lot in Gilbert. Four people were previously arrested for the same incident.

Jan. 31
Jacob Pennington, 20, William Owen Hines, 18, and a 17-year-old were arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault for their roles in a Dec. 2, 2022, incident near Williams Field Road and Market Street.

The same 17-year-old was also arrested in connection with a Dec. 3, 2022, assault in a parking garage near Gilbert Road and Vaughn Avenue in downtown Gilbert.

Hines and the 17-year-old were also arrested in connection with an assault outside a residence near Higley and Riggs roads on Nov. 22, 2022.

Feb. 1
Two Gilbert youth violence suspects were indicted on assault charges in a pair of incidents that were previously unreported.

William Owen Hines, 18, was indicted on one count of vehicular aggravated assault in connection with an incident from July 6, 2023, that left a victim injured.

The other suspect indicted was 18-year-old Noah Lee Pennington, who faces two counts of aggravated assault and one count of disorderly conduct. His incident is said to have occurred in Gilbert on Dec. 16, 2022.

Feb. 7
The parents of Preston Lord broke their silence on their son’s death, releasing a statement.

“The loss of our son is impossible to bear, and we understand that there is work to be done to achieve justice for Preston,” Lord’s parents, Nick Lord and Autumn Curiel, said.

“We are exercising patience to ensure the best possible outcome and ask members of the community and the media to do the same.”

Feb. 7
Gage Garrison, 19, and Cody Kostoryz, 18, were arrested on assault and burglary charges in connection with a Dec. 17, 2022, incident near Higley and Elliot roads. Garrison had previously been arrested for the Dec. 3, 2022, attack.

Police also submitted longform charges against 18-year-old Nolan Russell, who lives out of state.

Feb. 15
The Mesa Police Department asked for the public’s help in identifying a third suspect in a 2023 Mesa youth violence case.

Christopher Fantastic, 18, and a 17-year-old were already arrested in the case.

Feb. 20
A 17-year-old girl was arrested in connection with a September 2023 assault.

The suspect is facing one count of aggravated robbery, one count of assault and one count of disorderly conduct.

Feb. 22
Gage Garrison, 19, and Cody Kostoryz, 18, were indicted on one count of aggravated assault for an attack that occurred on Dec. 17, 2023.

Kyler Renner, 19, was indicted on six counts stemming from a traffic stop March 29, 2023, in Gilbert.

Feb. 22
Twenty-year-old Jacob Pennington was arrested for the third time. This one was for an attack that took place in a parking lot near Williams Field Road and Santan Village Parkway.

It was the same attack the 17-year-old girl was arrested for on Feb. 20.

Feb. 27
The Arizona Legislature decided against voting for a bill to ban brass knuckles. The bill was spearheaded by Connor Jarnagan, 17, who was a victim of a brass knuckles attack by the Gilbert Goons.

March 6
Four suspects were charged in the death of Preston Lord.

Talan Renner, Dominic Turner, Talyn Vigil and William Owen Hines were all named as suspects in a press conference by Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell.

Each of the four were charged with first-degree murder, felony murder and kidnapping. Turner was additionally charged with aggravated robbery.

March 7
Three more arrests in Preston Lord’s death were announced.

Taylor Sherman, Jacob Meisner and Treston Billey face first-degree murder and kidnapping charges. Meisner also faced aggravated robbery charges.

This story was originally published Jan. 12, 2024, and is being updated with new developments."

I can't find the pic I saw online a few days ago of brass knuckles and such things confiscated from these Gilbert Goons. That pic showed maybe 10 or so brass knuckles seized.

Here is a video about a different kid who was assaulted by the same type of group of Gilbert Goons. They attacked him with brass knuckles. There's NO way these attacks were spur of the moment, they were all decided before their attack. Deliberately.

The comments are good.

Absolutely disgusting awful people making terrible decisions in their young lives, I hope they all go to prison for the rest of their lives.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I spent my formative years in Southern California. This same brutality happened there back in the 60s/70s. I do believe it’s happening more. I also believe we hear about it more because of internet sensationalism. It’s enough to make a rational person change his decisions.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most disturbing thing about this is the lack of intervention. WTF is wrong with people? How could you stand there and watch someone get their head slammed into the pavement and calmly film it? It's disgusting.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Christian philosopher J.P. Moreland posited the following idea (not an exact quote):
We teach children that they are nothing more than animals and then act surprised when they act like it.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the constant desensitizing to violence is one of the reasons why there was no intervention on behalf of the white girl. Movies, tv shows, video games, etc., how many show the real results of fighting? So many of these items of entertainment portray a fight as something of little or no consequence.

How many times have we seen a scene where someone receives a haymaker and just shakes their head and continues like nothing has happened? Those who have been in actual fights know how fragile the body, especially the head, can be. Getting hit with a 2x4 or baseball bat? In the movies, etc., - unless the script calls for it to be a big deal, it isn't. In real life things are a bit different but from watching that video a few times it didn't look like the few white teens that were there knew anything about fighting whereas the black teens, especially the female that did all the damage, appeared to be familiar with physical violence.

Hopefully the young girl with the head injuries makes a complete recovery - and starts receiving instruction in self-defense.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
It seems like it was a black on black fight to begin with. She must have been friends with one and intervened.
But the people driving in the cars just looked on.
Let the fight go on but help the girl at least.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Fuckin' animals... No other way to describe this!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know what's more sickening the savagery of the aggressor at 15, or the other kids filming and cheering on, we've devolved into this.

I agree.

The local media has gone pretty quiet on this...
They don't want to talk about any black on white crime or even the possibility of racism among blacks.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The whole thing is sickening! The feral part of our population should be eradicated. This is not a meant at all to be racial statement. The lawless sacks of excrement that run wild in our society with zero impulse control and an angry belief that they’ve been wronged regardless of race is what I refer to. There are many things that I could say have fostered this culture, but not having severe consequences for actions like this are among the top of the list. The aggressor in this beating, will not contribute anything to the betterment of our society. Attempted aggravated murder, tried as an adult would be a great start. Public hangings or death by firing squad would be okay by me. Absolutely disgusting.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The most disturbing thing about this is the lack of intervention. WTF is wrong with people? How could you stand there and watch someone get their head slammed into the pavement and calmly film it? It's disgusting.

There are fight videos popping up on social media constantly, look at one video on any subject and the algorithms start feeding you constantly the same theme, so they sit and watch fights as if it's nothing, film it and upload it for the hits on SM.

It's a shame that companies like FB ban and hide political advertisement as it's unhealthy, negative, demonstrative, not in the interest of the public, but will let fight/sex/gender perversion videos be served up to minors/teens as if it has no impact.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
How could you stand there and watch someone get their head slammed into the pavement and calmly film it?

If smartphones disappeared from the planet, I would not object. I swear, if a person was being tortured to death on the street, there would be those who would gladly record it to post on social media.

I did not click on the video, I heard about it elsewhere and have no stomach to see it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I totally agree. Also whatever happened to getting into a fight and once the person is knocked down and especially not fighting back the fight is over.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

I totally agree. Also whatever happened to getting into a fight and once the person is knocked down and especially not fighting back the fight is over.

That is only customary in civilized cultures. Animals have no such norms when it comes to morality.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

Christopher Fantastic...

Eek

Talk about not living up to your name.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The attacker in the video has seen and likely experienced that level of fighting before. This ain't her first rodeo. Those aren't fighting techniques or behavior of your typical "girl fight" in high school.

For the OP's question - awareness, avoidance and then engage in self-defense skills. I'd encourage finding a class that builds on these skills and behavior.

In my CCW class, one of the first principles they preach is simply avoiding the environments where you may have to use your weapon.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
In my CCW class, one of the first principles they preach is simply avoiding the environments where you may have to use your weapon.

In-general yes but, if you're a student, at what point do you stand-up to the bully that's constantly harassing you or, has increased their intimidation by stealing or, vandalizing your property? We know school administrators are scarred to intervene, admonished by higher administrators for even laying a hand on any youth regardless of situation. When does state's attorney generals start intervening because of the paralysis or, willful enabling that school officials have allowed to happen?

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't start none. Won't be none.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's not just the desensitizing of violence, it's the morally bankrupt belief that video recording and posting on social media for clicks is the pinnacle of the human experience. Video recording instead of intervening to serious injury or death of a fellow human being is morally depraved.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. ~Edmond Burke

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post