SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
OK..Game 6 tonight @ 8:07 ET Smile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

quote:
The nats brought this on themselves.

No.... It wasn't the Nats, it was their fans.
The team invited the President. The fans should have been more respectful. I realize it was only a vocal minority, but that's often enough to ruin something.

I said the Nats brought it on themselves because the Lerner family publicly stated they didn't want to have to respond to a request from Trump to sit with them.

This set the precedent for expected behavior. They could have kept the whole thing, even if there was a request, private.

they can suck it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you can truthfully tell me that your snarking wasn't aimed at me, I'll remove the restriction on your posting rights. You must have an awfully low opinion of the police, with this "If you spot it, you've got it" crap. It's one of the functions of police officers to recognize certain behaviors, but according to you, any behavior the cops spot, they themselves are guilty of it as well, and that's bullshit. That's my function in the forum- a cop, and I don't appreciate your jabs when I ask you to speak plainly, when I can see that you're coming out with some sideways bullshit.

With nearly twenty years and nearly ninety thousand posts under my belt in this forum, I've just about seen it all, so any time a member tries to be cute, it sticks out to me like a sore thumb, but that doesn't mean I've "got" anything except a shit-ton of experience in running this place.

Your last post suggests that your barb wasn't aimed at me. Tell me this, and you're back in. Or, if you wish, things can remain as they are. Your choice, but, either way, I do not have to and I will not put up with crap from any member of this forum. I've invested too much of my time in this place to put up with that kind of thing.

Truthfully, my ire was raised first by AirmanJeff, but my response did echo your full-throated response. I wasn't calling you out, I was simply pointing out that being classless isn't limited to fan behavior at a stadium. No personal attacks were intended (and I feel like I'm throwing AirmanJeff under the bus, which isn't my intent, either).

To your comment about priorities, let me just say that tonight I will be spending my time with my family and grandkids. They are cable-cutters and do not have access to the World Series broadcast. So any information I get about the game will be secondhand. Believe me, my family time is more important to me than a bunch of men throwing a ball. So, to reiterate, I wasn't aiming any barbs at you or anyone specifically, I was simply injecting an observation into what was once a pleasant thread about a sporting event.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OK...
That was completely wimpy.

quote:
A representative of the Lerner family, the principal owners of the Nationals, had a special request of the MLB last week: that they had no desire to be put in a position of turning down a request from the White House for President Trump to sit with Theodore Lerner, 94, the family patriarch, or any other member of the ownership group, a person familiar with the family's thinking told WUSA9 on condition of anonymity.

That person made it clear that at no time was a direct request made that the President not be seated next to the Lerner family, but it was made clear that the family did not want to be put in the awkward position of having to respond to a request.

Trump instead sat in a suite in Section 119. The idea to attend the game was Trump's, according to a team official.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Truthfully, my ire was raised first by AirmanJeff, but my response did echo your full-throated response. I wasn't calling you out, I was simply pointing out that being classless isn't limited to fan behavior at a stadium. No personal attacks were intended (and I feel like I'm throwing AirmanJeff under the bus, which isn't my intent, either).

To your comment about priorities, let me just say that tonight I will be spending my time with my family and grandkids. They are cable-cutters and do not have access to the World Series broadcast. So any information I get about the game will be secondhand. Believe me, my family time is more important to me than a bunch of men throwing a ball. So, to reiterate, I wasn't aiming any barbs at you or anyone specifically, I was simply injecting an observation into what was once a pleasant thread about a sporting event.
Moderated status removed. The simple fact of the matter is this: I am a tough administrator and a plain-speaking and direct-speaking person. Some people don't like authority, they don't like the cops and they don't like the way I run this place, but they want to retain their posting rights, so this is why I'm always on the lookout for this have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too sideways crap. I've seen it many times in this forum. I just will not put up with it.

When I'm in a contentious thread, you watch where you sling that stuff.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I'm in a contentious thread, you watch where you sling that stuff.

Got it. It's not my nature to be confrontational (at least in a crass and crude manner). Thanks for the removal.

BTW, I spent several years as a moderator on another (unrelated) forum. I know some of the issues you have to go through. It's not an easy job, and it's mostly thankless. So, thanks.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
First pitch on the way! Let's do it 'Stros!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Anybody else catching Smoltz does not like Buck?

Buck "that pitch didn't miss by much"
Smoltz "that pitch did miss by a lot and it's why he walked" (pitch looked about three ball widths outside - a lot at this level of play)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^
I have no problem with that. They have different opinions and neither should kiss ass.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Smoltz is in the Hall of Fame and Joe Buck will only ever get in if he buys a ticket. Smoltz knows a bit about pitching and Buck knows about nepotism.

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Jack Buck is in the hall of fame. Yes, Joe grew up in the broadcast booth so of course nepotism plays a role. He's getting better with age and not quite as arrogant. We'll see...

-rduckwor

Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I don't know many people that do like Buck. I am surprised he gets so much prime airtime.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
3-2 Nats mid 5th...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Thought this was kinda cool. You never know when your 15 minutes will arrive. https://6abc.com/society/bud-l...to-stomach-/5656707/

And for the record, that home plate ump is totally full of it on that call out of Trea Turner at first for obstruction in the top of 7. Total BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
This delay is ridiculous

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
This delay is ridiculous

As was the call....

But payback is a bitch with that follow on homer. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Terrible call.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And Rendon answers.... Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bogus call. Glad to see the HR!

-rduckwor