SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, I 'was' indifferent on the outcome of the World Series, but I just made up my mind....Fuck Washington, And their Fans!

LET'S.GO.ASTROS!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a Nats fan, I found the whole thing disappointing. And now all the "lock him up" chant nonsense.

These scum will do anything to attack this President.

Here are two different videos. In the first, part of it is filmed from an upper deck section where fans began the "lock him up" chant nonsense. It seemed pre-planned by a small number of people in that section. That's the Telegraph video.

Boos and chants of 'lock him up' greet Trump at World Series baseball match

In the second video, which goes for a longer period of time, you don't get the impression that the entire crowd was against him. The majority of people seem respectful and well-behaved. Sure, there were boos, but also cheers:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Well, I 'was' indifferent on the outcome of the World Series, but I just made up my mind....Fuck Washington, And their Fans!

Well, that's a little extreme.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Anybody else see the snow globes last night, in the 7th when Cole was pitching?

Heard about it this morning when the two models were perma-banned for life from future MLB games.

Based on what I could tell this morning, silicon twas them twins' best friend.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

I wish it were. As a lifelong Padres, Aztec, and Tony Gwynn fan, I was rooting for the Nats only because they have Strasburg.

Now, I am rooting for a perfect game from Strasburg and the Astros to win the series.

Fuck the Nats. Their fans in attendance blew it and ALL the other fans, including the team, should call them out - publicly - about it. Doesn't matter the president attending America's playtime, either cheer for him, clap politely, or stand still QUIETLY. The World Series is the wrong stage to boo and jeer him.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
I feel the very same way, and don't expect me to apologize or qualify my remarks or change my position.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that we have good and America-loving members of ths forum who are caught up in this through no fault of their own. I do not blame them, not at all, but the people in that stadium and the team they root for can kiss my lily-white ass and every single time they lose a game, from now until the end of my life, will be cause for celebration and the more humiliating the loss, the better.

I know that there were Nationals fans in that stadium who weren't chanting and who don't agree with the scum-sucking leftists, but it was most of them, and that's enough for them to have earned my scorn forever.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
To the fuck the nats fans people, fuck you too.

What do you think would happen if the Yankee's or Dodgers made it to the WS? It'd be the exact same results. 1/2 the country hates the president. Doesn't matter if they are at a ballgame, water cooler at work, their kids soccer match, or Thanksgiving dinner. They can't keep their mouths shut and be respectful. Bits not a baseball or a nats problem it's our current political environment.

So say fuck you all you want to me if you so choose, I wasn't booing and neither were 75% of the people in the crowd.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I promise you that now is not the time to be defiant.

Don't talk about what might have happened. I'm talking about what did happen.

If you want to do something to help the reputation of your team and its fans, call in to sports talk shows, get on the air and tell them that you're ashamed of the fans who behaved this way. Write to the Baseball Comissioner and the GM of the Nationals and to the sports editor of your local newspaper. Post on sports websites and tell them that you're ashamed of them. You won't be alone. Add your voice to the chorus.

Send a message to the White House

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Doesn't matter the president attending America's playtime, either cheer for him, clap politely, or stand still QUIETLY. The World Series is the wrong stage to boo and jeer him.
^^^This. I loathe everything about Barry the Wonder Putz, but I would never boo him in that venue. Wrong time, wrong place, totally inappropriate. This is what's killing sports in general when morons (and the media) can't keep politics and political opinions out of the ballpark.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
I have a bit of a different take.

If it was Pelosi or Clinton or Schiff or Schumer, I would have booed.

It would be part of the fun of going out to a game.

Just like I'd laugh at the antics of a mascot carrying on.

Then, back to enjoying the competition on the field and rooting for my team.

An organized effort by those seeking to boo in a different competition, presidential politics, is just part of the spectacle of a large public gathering.

I don't see it as a reflection of anything about the Washington fans.

People feel strongly about the other horse near an election year.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
I have a bit of a different take.

If it was Pelosi or Clinton or Schiff or Schumer, I would have booed.

It would be part of the fun of going out to a game.

Just like I'd laugh at the antics of a mascot carrying on.

Then, back to enjoying the competition on the field and rooting for my team.

An organized effort by those seeking to boo in a different competition, presidential politics, is just part of the spectacle of a large public gathering.

I don't see it as a reflection of anything about the Washington fans.

People feel strongly about the other horse near an election year.
What's wrong with simply showing a bit of class and adult demeanor and not clapping or booing when the president is introduced? Silence or quiet during that intro would get the point across without adults behaving like spoiled children.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Don’t drag us Dodgers fans into this shit

Dodgers fans would be too busy beating the shit out of someone in the parking lot to boo

I know you live up here so you know the vast majority of people at that game are rich, entitled, white liberals from loudoun and Fairfax county. They have fucking ruined this state and they showed their ass last night. So fuck them. Sorry you got wrapped up in it, but living this shit makes it even more poignant

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
To the fuck the nats fans people, fuck you too.

What do you think would happen if the Yankee's or Dodgers made it to the WS? It'd be the exact same results. 1/2 the country hates the president. Doesn't matter if they are at a ballgame, water cooler at work, their kids soccer match, or Thanksgiving dinner. They can't keep their mouths shut and be respectful. Bits not a baseball or a nats problem it's our current political environment.

So say fuck you all you want to me if you so choose, I wasn't booing and neither were 75% of the people in the crowd.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I stand with the Fuck the Nats crowd and I hope Rendon bolts to a new team with a fat free agent contract.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I blame the Lerner family. If they had shown class and honored 'the office of the President"
' then I doubt it would have been as bad.

What i hate is that i love baseball and i have no access to another team on a regular basis. I love the local commentators and cant stand the ESPN idiots.

So if I give up the Nats I give up getting to watch regular baseball.
Damn them.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I stand with the Fuck the Nats crowd and I hope Rendon bolts to a new team with a fat free agent contract.

They offered him thr same deal as Sherzer. If he bolts it's for mo money.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, MY team (Rangers) isn't in the game, so I was not following the Series much. However, since the Astros are another TEXAS team, I guess I can honestly put my support on them. The disgusting actions by some Nationals fans only makes that sweeter. Go Astros!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
That video of the 2 babes flashing Cole in the 7th is great. He turns and looks towards centerfield rubbing his eyes. Cool

https://www.citizenfreepress.c...boob-flashing-video/

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Nat fans were trying pretty hard to be as classless as Yankee fans.
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
In the second video, which goes for a longer period of time, you don't get the impression that the entire crowd was against him. The majority of people seem respectful and well-behaved. Sure, there were boos, but also cheers:
Ironic that the Nats play Pat Green's Wave on Wave for this. For those not familiar, Pat Green is a Texan. Although, he is a Rangers fan.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Crazy idea... Start a Trump World Series thread or post the Trump discussion in the Trump thread.

I love it when non political threads turn political and I have to bow out.

Done with this thread until Nats win/lose.

Baseball thread, not Trump thread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post