SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston's new MLK sculpture not received well
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston's new MLK sculpture not received well Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Now there’s a statue they should tear down.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a shame to have such a wonderful moment caught on film to be an interpretation that is so poorly done. At such a grand scale too!

Allentown, PA has a statue of those two walking together. Only cost them $1 million.

Statues of the Lehigh Valley – The Morning Call
https://www.mcall.com/news/loc...-20170823-story.html

Posts: 1580 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Whoever did the granite did a good job. The bronze not so much.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3927 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was an eel. Hahaha, that’s it? WTF!?

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I thought it was an eel. Hahaha, that’s it? WTF!?

I want to party with you, cowboy.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32004 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It will look better sitting on 24's.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
There was one that to me, in a smaller pic, reminded me of images of someone with their head up their own ass:

Haha, that it does, that it does.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Whoever did the granite did a good job.

It's a weird world when the platform/background is better than the work itself, but there we are.

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16169 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For a statue on public display, honoring someone, you shouldn't have to explain it. Or see another photo to understand what it's supposed to represent.

$10M? Is it gold clad? Full of diamonds?

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing you can say is that does not have any Graffitti as of yet.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
For a statue on public display, honoring someone, you shouldn't have to explain it. Or see another photo to understand what it's supposed to represent.

$10M? Is it gold clad? Full of diamonds?

The statute itself was $99.95. The rest is shipping and handling.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Dimples seems to like it. Wonder if she hit on either of the women next to her?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
It looks to me like it was inspired by the movie 'Alien'.

I was thinking "Leviathan", but yeah it's terrible. Doesn't take much imagination at all to see a big dong there. Maybe they can sue the artist for being an idiot and recoup some of their money.

Posts: 7400 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looking at the photo and the statue based on it, this 'art' seems to celebrate MLK being a husband. Seems particularly insulting considering his documented serial philandry.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also isn’t Coretta King Day. Should Mt Rushmore have a neighboring sculpted in the likenesses of the First Ladies?

Does the statue celebrate MLK or him and his wife which is odd knowing how many hookers he had sex with?

I know, I know, don’t let the truth get in the way.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The statute itself was $99.95. The rest is shipping and handling.
And the sculptor laughed his ass off all the way to the bank.

Posts: 9253 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
There was one that to me, in a smaller pic, reminded me of images of someone with their head up their own ass:

That's exactly what it reminded me of too.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Oh I see a wiener alright, big bastard too. Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet, For just another 10 mil, the artist would be willing to put some heads on it.

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post