SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston's new MLK sculpture not received well
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston's new MLK sculpture not received well Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
At least it is a brown penis. Imagine the outrage if it had been made out of white marble. Big Grin

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
$10M? Is it gold clad? Full of diamonds?

The statute itself was $99.95. The rest is shipping and handling.

That's probably not far off.
You can't do anything in a Democrat controlled city without greasing A LOT of palms.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It looks kind of like the head of a Xenomorph Alien though I also kinda see a ridiculously large penis being embraced.

I wonder if Sigmund Freud would see a penis?

What a lame excuse for a sculpture of MLK Jr. I hope they kept their receipt…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/...YZPdWq-AFSzjkKTCRx0E

Leslie Jones Hilariously Mocks That MLK Statue in ‘Daily Show’ Debut
‘CAN’T UNSEE IT’
As the first of several guest-hosts after Trevor Noah’s departure, the SNL alum came out swinging with her take on Boston’s recently unveiled monument to Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt Wilstein
Senior Writer
Updated Jan. 18, 2023 12:11AM ET / Published Jan. 17, 2023 9:31PM ET

A little more than a month after Trevor Noah officially said goodbye to The Daily Show, Comedy Central welcomed former Saturday Night Live cast member Leslie Jones as the first of several planned guest hosts on Tuesday night. And she had a hell of a story to start with in the inadvertently suggestive statue of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that was unveiled in Boston the day before.

After staring for a few seconds at the sculpture, which is supposed to depict King and his wife, Coretta Scott King, in a loving embrace, Jones had one question for her live audience: “Has anyone in here ever been eaten out?”

“Because they are celebrating you right now in Boston!” she continued. “Listen, I know Dr. King went down in history, but this is not how you show it.”

Jones then turned to a different camera to speak for a moment directly to any white people watching at home. “White people, you don’t need to say shit about this statue!” she said. “You need to sit your ass in the back of the bus for this one.”

“This is a civil rights icon,” she added to cheers from the crowd, before concluding her sentence with, “...going down on his wife. You show some damn respect!”

Back to camera one, Jones put her head in her hands and said, “OK, Black people, what the fuck we gonna do?” She joked that “you know it’s messed up when Black people and the Proud Boys hate the same statue.”

But given that people hated the Eiffel Tower when it first went up, Jones predicted that “maybe it’s just a matter of time” and that “in time, maybe we’ll see this statue for what it really is… Martin Luther King going down on his wife.”

“I can’t unsee it!” Jones concluded.

Over the next several weeks, The Daily Show will welcome guest hosts including Chelsea Handler and Roy Wood Jr., both of whom have expressed interest in taking on the role full time. But it’s not going to be easy to top this.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Cigar

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Cigar
I don't see a penis, just a mess of bronze. It's very unattractive, IMO.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh it’s there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
At least it is a brown penis. Imagine the outrage if it had been made out of white marble. Big Grin

I believe the term dujour is “POC”, Penis Of Color

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11228 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post