SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where is Para?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Para? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Maybe he is writing a book. Lord know's he has plenty of material for one from this place Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
He is fine. Swapped emails with him yesterday. All is good.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

That is very good news. Thank you for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Faaaaannnncy! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news. Thanks.

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm surprised by this, and surprised there isn't more chatter on the topic.

We all know Para is dedicated to this site. A seemingly full time job. And he keeps us up to date on what's happening - most recently being his recent health emergency and the related thread about who might run this place in his absence.

It's certainly not like him to take a long leave, and moreover not like him to keep us in the dark. I don't mean to say he owes us anything, it just seems uncharacteristic.

Para seems to be a very calculated person. I don't for a second believe he simply decided to lay low for over a month. His absence must be for a good reason, and again it's surprising he hasn't communicated it.

My guess has been it's either health related, or some sort of 'test' to see how the forum operates without his direct involvement. He may be doing things behind the scenes, but certainly isn't posting and contributing content.

Given, as far as we know from NHTAGMEMBER, that it's not a health issue, my best guess is the latter. Perhaps given his recent health issues, this is the opportunity to see if we can conduct ourselves respectfully, and how the mods on deck are handling the issues.

My other thought is that his silence is election related. It's got to be right? The timing wouldn't be a coincidence. I don't know what it could be though. It's not like Para to throw in the towel. When it comes to politics, I think we all know he's a fighter. That's why it's more surprising that we haven't heard from him post-election.

This is just musings, and I know it's none of my business. Just curious, and strange - his silence for so long given what's happening in the country.

We've had our recent differences, but hope you're OK Mike, and we'll hear from you soon.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Para designated a successor to take over the sight. Maybe he's decided it's time to reduce his exposure/participation?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what he thinks of all this speculating, but as he hasn’t come in and told us it’s none of our business, here’s mine: I don’t recall the details (and am too lazy to go find the post where they are), but he made it clear he was stepping back from running the forum as he has for so long. I believe he even turned ownership over to LDD. And from what we know publicly about LDD, he’s unlikely to have the time to monitor things as parabellum did. Plus (speculating again) LDD may not have the same concerns; I know I wouldn’t if I were the forum owner, but of course I’m not nor would I ever be. I can readily see parabellum’s sitting back and thinking, “Let’s see how things go without my having my fingers in every single pie”; I could certainly picture myself getting to such a point in an operation like this.

Plus although it might seem like those negative waves we were admonished not to spread here, I cannot think of a better time to decide to sit back and watch, or perhaps not watch, without getting involved in the disputes and discussions. There are some long-running threads I’ve totally stopped opening. Others continue to be filled with bitching about any number of national level things—not to mention the countless ridiculous suggestions or demands about what the poster thinks someone (other than himself) should be doing.

Perhaps he’ll be back to his old level of involvement, perhaps he won’t. If he is, I’ll welcome him in my mind; if he isn’t, I’ll remember with gratitude what sort of a place he made it. In any event, I will also hope and encourage all of the rest of us keep in mind what made the place what it is and to do our best to maintain it that way.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He is in our thoughts and I hope he and his family have a great holiday.

As far as him posting, he's made his wishes known to us over the years, and it's up to us to try to carry them out.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is ,no time off request crossed my desk Big Grin

Albeit ,Lord knows he has at least 18 months of vacation time built up
Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The membership has mostly been behaving itself, so what I really miss most is Para's wit Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The membership has mostly been behaving itself, so what I really miss most is Para's wit Smile

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe, Para is the Kraken...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
He's waiting and watching to see who's been naughty and who has been nice.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I researched and found this topic from the past. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4270077174

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
I researched and found this topic from the past. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4270077174

I am pretty sure everyone posting in this thread has read that. I don’t see this as Para’s departure from the forum.

He was actively posting right up to when he “vo ted”. That was his last post.
There was a post he had made where he said something to the effect that the elections are tiring, and needing to take a break for a few days afterward. Something along those lines.
This election is different. It’s almost Christmas, and there are still suits filed that could change the suspected outcome if this election.
I have a feeling that Para is waiting. Once the results are official, and we have a solid answer of who will be in office for the next four years, I think there will be a very well written, long post where he shares his viewpoint on this last election process, the problems with it, etc.

This is what I am hopeful for.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
It is difficult to imagine he doesn't lurk and has checked out completely. Also difficult to imagine if he lurks, he never wished to reply. I just hope him leaving means he's in a better place where the stresses of running and moderating are gone. Likely we can't know what its like to own and run a forum, which is possibly constant putting out fires and maybe defending lawsuits and threats.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Para. He know if you've been bad or good so........

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Yep!
Merry Christmas Para!
I hope everything is well in your world.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Really, Para and I have had some issues. Some I understood and some I didn't but then he is the man that ran and maintained this outstanding forum for a good long while. I have been helped out so much here there is no real way to pay it back totally.

thanks for the link from this past Summer I had missed it.

what I continue to be reminded of is internet gun forum folks are the finest folks around.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post