SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where is Para?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Para? Login/Join 
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Here’s hoping the boss is ok.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Para is just fine - we swapped emails earlier - he is just taking a short break because he is in the same boat as everyone else

just waiting it out and not into speculating

Posted Nov 5th in this thread. Page 2.

Guys-read the thread (as Para has repeatedly asked us to do in other threads).

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Arfmel, that’s just crazy talk. Why would anyone actually read something on a message board.

I guess the election drove you insane to be thinking these thoughts of insanity.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I kinda figured he was lurking. Still threads getting locked that need to be locked. I think he’s watching from a perch, just no commentary.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I kinda figured he was lurking. Still threads getting locked that need to be locked. I think he’s watching from a perch, just no commentary.
That sounds positively ghastly, like a vulture. I prefer his alter-ego, the Bald Eagle, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Concur although I'd also like to see some newbie trolls shown the door as well.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They will bald1. When the eagle takes flight from his perch there will be some prey spreading defeatist BS that is he is going to sink his talons into mightily. I guarantee it my friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
That sounds positively ghastly, like a vulture. I prefer his alter-ego, the Bald Eagle, though.

flashguy

Nope like an Eagle.

When I was a kid, my dad and I watched a mature male bald eagle sitting at the top of a dead snag, about 300 feet in the air over a lake. He was all knowing and seeing it appeared. A wood duck started to buzz him while we were sitting there watching. This went on for probably 10 minutes. The wood duck kept getting closer and closer.

Eventually, the wood duck started a dive after buzzing the eagle. The eagle swooped and caught the wood duck in mid air. He basically did a shedding motion and dropped the lifeless duck in the slough.

The eagle returned to his perch and continued to observe everything, to include us.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope like an Eagle.

When I was a kid, my dad and I watched a mature male bald eagle sitting at the top of a dead snag, about 300 feet in the air over a lake. He was all knowing and seeing it appeared. A wood duck started to buzz him while we were sitting there watching. This went on for probably 10 minutes. The wood duck kept getting closer and closer.

Eventually, the wood duck started a dive after buzzing the eagle. The eagle swooped and caught the wood duck in mid air. He basically did a shedding motion and dropped the lifeless duck in the slough.

The eagle returned to his perch and continued to observe everything, to include us.

Fuckin A

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Be safe Para, know you are in our thoughts.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You certainly deserve a break Para. Hope you're well, and re-watching a few good films.

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

The Vulture is a nice motif I think, at least temporarily. The Vulture doesn't have to defend anything, he just eats, a nice vacation if you ask me.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
When Para does come back, I do hope for one of the long, interesting, and educational posts. There are a handful of these posts that he has written, where you really sit back and think. He is one hell of an author, and these types of posts are quite interesting.

So while we all miss him, and his wit and humor, I keep telling myself that it’ll be worth it. When he comes back I am hoping to read a long post about our country and the elections, from a perspective that I may not have seen.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, a sabbatical to do some writing. I am looking forward to reading, when he's ready.

jljones, that one duck forgot the five D's.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
When Para does come back, I do hope for one of the long, interesting, and educational posts. There are a handful of these posts that he has written, where you really sit back and think. He is one hell of an author, and these types of posts are quite interesting.

So while we all miss him, and his wit and humor, I keep telling myself that it’ll be worth it. When he comes back I am hoping to read a long post about our country and the elections, from a perspective that I may not have seen.

Thanks Noah, I agree, Para has a knack for expressing in words what I have a hard time verbalizing. I greatly enjoy that and find myself quoting him.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Para is just fine - we swapped emails earlier - he is just taking a short break because he is in the same boat as everyone else

just waiting it out and not into speculating

Posted Nov 5th in this thread. Page 2.

I have read the thread. I don’t see his post. I make it a point to always read his posts so I don’t miss anything important.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para didn't post but nhtagmember said he emailed back and forth with Para and that Para was taking a short break.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
He has his reasons for staying away, whatever they are.
I'm looking forward to his return and his perspective on current events.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Like others here I look forward to para's take on recent events when he returns. His perspective and way with words is always a worthy read.

I sincerely hope his "sabbatical" is truly refreshing and re-energizing, and has nothing to do with a respirator.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I can relate. I’ve taken a break from nearly all news sites and political videos/commentary.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post