SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where is Para?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Para? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
the embedded trolls will retreat back to their bridges

Funny how the rats hide when that raptor shadow passes over.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
the embedded trolls will retreat back to their bridges

Somehow I get the feeling that’s not gonna work this time. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think considering there was a month or so with no overt supervision, things were still pretty peaceful. Most people were still polite and respectful.
Just look at a few other forums and you'll see how well this one has continued to function.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I think considering there was a month or so with no overt supervision, things were still pretty peaceful. Most people were still polite and respectful.
Just look at a few other forums and you'll see how well this one has continued to function.

Yeah, I am continually amazed at the quality of this Forum.

I was on a Star Trek group, and I was close to dropping out due to all the juvenile behaviour from its members. Somebody would so much as mention Star Trek Discovery, and all-out war would erupt. The Gatekeepers would go full retard and attack anybody who so much as hinted the show wasn't the Second Coming. The Haters would use every and any excuse to throw in their "STD Sucks" comments, whether relevant or not.

I was still considering dropping out when I apparently got banned from the group this week. I still don't know what I did. I never used any vulgar language; I never personally attacked anybody; I debated issues rationally and calmly. I'm half offended and half relieved, to be truthful. I was growing weary of all the petty bickering and trollish behaviour.

Point being, I am even more grateful that Para and the other Mods run a tight ship here. I have seen no other forum like this one.

Thanks again, Para, and welcome back.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
he's back

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6820073874

oops,

looks like Mike beat me to it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Mostly. A couple members had to be reminded of Para's wishes a couple times. Most took the reminders in good grace.

Anyway...

Welcome back, boss!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I didn’t see the amazing decline some of you speak of. I’ve seen the complaining but I have to chuckle though. The irony is thick. One member constantly complains about “click bait” titles and yet he feels comfortable starting a thread with the title “perverse posting”. Does he not see the double standard? Or is he just being ironical?

I want Para back because he adds a very quality addition/content to any discussion. His forum is well modded and he’s clear when he’s had enough from anyone. No one gets time off without seeing it coming.

That said, considering the shitstorm this country has been through I think the forum has done fine. With perhaps the exception of the President Trump thread where some anti Trump, anti America posters have felt emboldened. The rest of the forum has been pretty normal.

I think some guys just like to bitch at times. (I have been known to be one of those at times. Lol)

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!!! Happy to see you posting mofo!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Seeing the Eagle's return is a very bright spot in an otherwise dark week.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Para.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Seeing the Eagle's return is a very bright spot in an otherwise dark week.

+1

Para has an excellent way of thinking of topics that garner our attention. I'm hoping to see new threads from him.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Para.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Glad you're back, Para.
Not the same without you.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I, too, would like to say welcome back, Para.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I am Happy that Para is back. I hope you are well. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Glad you're back, Para.
Not the same without you.

^^^ YES! Happy you are back, Para! Cool

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still Waters Run Deep
Picture of Quicksand
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year Para- hope you are well.

---------------
-Quicksand-

Posts: 2326 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post