SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Cn be fun in an addictive sort of way.

Got it in three tries the last five days, to include today.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My wife has been at it for a while.
Got today's in 3 guesses.

Hardest part is choosing the first word to use.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
It can be fun. It's sorta become the Pokemon Go of 2022.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I enjoyed that. Thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I like to mix up the first word.

Rents
Leans
Slant

Etc

Something which uses the most used letters.

BTW - letters can be used more than once, like "SWIMS" or "SASSY" That can mess you up. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wordle 223 4/6

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
Word games have always been fun for me. I enjoy crosswords and many other apps and games. I've only played Worlde about 4 times, but I'll keep doing it for awhile. My daughter and I are having a competition to see who can get it in less guesses.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I may be hooked.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5686 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm usually good at games like this, but it took me 6 tries on this one.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My coworkers and I compete with this daily.

Good stuff.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I like it! I've been playing about a week. There's an online game and an app, so you can do it twice a day if your want. I got it in 3 today, but it was a total lucky guess.

My start word is aegis. I've seen there are better ones, but I thought of that one myself so I stick with it. Adieu is supposed to be the "best", you get most of the vowels that way.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I like to mix up the first word.

Rents
Leans
Slant

Etc

Something which uses the most used letters.

BTW - letters can be used more than once, like "SWIMS" or "SASSY" That can mess you up. Wink

I was struggling with a first word that covered most of the high use letters.

Had a Wheel of Fortune flashback to the end round where they give you R S T L N E & went with that as a base.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's really a game of clue. The complexity is having to come up with actual words instead of just a random string of letters.

The strategy would be to use words that do not share the same letters with each other for the first two or three words.

After you find the right letters in the previous steps, then it's a matter of word scramble and fill in the blanks.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19667 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Played the first time ... got it on the last word. Wished has not played as now am addicted.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Got today's on the second try.

Don't see that happening again, but I added the link to my "check it every morning" folder.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15235 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've bookmarked the link. I used "ready" as the first word today, but I think I'll use "audio" the next time. Maybe "whelp" for #2.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s quick fun. The day penis hits is the day I win and quit.

Posts: 4279 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
adieu

Posts: 10953 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I messed up the first day as I didn’t really get what I was doing. Did better today. My mistake was putting my green letters in the correct place as I found them. Instead I use other words with letters I hadn’t tried. This way I’m ruling out more letters with each turn and have the answer by the last turn.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Got it in three today. Lucky guess on #2 gave me four of them and there was only one other option.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post