SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
Alright, Ryan. We get your viewpoint. You don’t have to keep repeating it.

How about you show some respect to your many fellow forum members who don’t share your opinion and in fact love our Harleys? Not all of us are obnoxious idiots.

How about I feel free to share my opinions. I don't have to respect people who I deem less than deserving.
Grown men who partake in such things as these fall under this category in my opinion.

I am willing to bet that the people in THIS forum do not act like that.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

It could a been a Gold Wing with pipes and Mozart on the speakers
Many years ago there was a guy in the Chicago area BMW club, he rode an older R69S with a few hundred thousand miles on the odometer. His pipes were pretty quiet, typical BMW, but he played Wagner opera music pretty loudly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
It seems without exception the loud bikes are:
1) Blacked out. Black on black on black. Black paint, black engine, black leather bags.
2) Have dim minimal lighting.
3) Ridden by people wearing all black. Black skull-cap helmet, black t-shirt, black jeans, black boots, black fingerless gloves.

If someone were interested primarily in being noticed by inattentive drivers and avoiding injury they would:
1) Make their bike more noticeable by having brighter colors on the bike and reflectors or reflective tape.
2) Have plenty of lighting installed and illuminated.
3) Wear bright clothing. Day-glo full face helmet, bright color armored jacket and pants, protective boots, and good protective gloves.
4) Minimize the noise of their machine so they can hear the traffic around them.

Posts: 9445 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gotta have loud pipes and music to make up for the reflectors and turn signals you took off your bike.

: )

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post