SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well don't blame us when you get a dozen way hot chicks bothering you day and night for all kinds of sleep overs.

Do you have a t-shirt that reads
"Free Mustache Rides" ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
----> Look at me! I'm desperate for attention! <----

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my Roadglide with an added amp and upgraded speakers. You will never hear rap come out of the stereo and you will most likely not hear the music either as it's gets turned down in the city or when in traffic.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would not want anything to drown out the potato, potato, potato sound.
Absooutely! Loud is OK, but not brash.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I agree PHPaul. The concept of a loud sound system on a motorcycle is in my eyes completely idiotic. I’m beginning to see more and more Harleys with loud as hell sound systems.

We will know society has totally lost it when the sport bikes follow suit. Big Grin

See my post above, come down to BikeWeek in Daytona, it's not far off,

We'll hang on Main Street, have a cigar and you can see all the Harley's, Indians, with super loud radios and be amazed how these guys get super loud radios into their KawaHondasuzkihama sport bikes .

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy my Cardo bluetooth helmet system. I can listen to music without being a complete asshole to others, hear gps info, or use as an intercom with a passenger.
As for loud pipes...nothing says "I don't know a thing about motorcycles, I have no skill, a smol pp, and am a poser that thinks I'll be tough if I finance a completely out dated and mechanically inferior yet overpriced pos" than every person I've ever met that owns a Harley.
Get a real bike and keep the noise down!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
I don’t quite understand the loud as hell sound systems on the Harleys. The loud pipes don’t bother me but the blaring music is odd.

The OP didn't say music - he said RAP.

I have yet to encounter a Harley blaring anything that I would consider to be good music. It’s about 50/50 awful rap or country they blast out in my neck of the woods.

I laugh because about 2 weeks ago this Harley pulled into the gas station at the pump across from me and it was blaring some awful, awful, awful, country/rap. Now, I’ll admit the sound quality of the system was pretty amazing, how ever the actual music which is not even the right word was terrible.
The fella hopped off the Harley and took his helmet off. Had to be at least 75 years old.
Not at all what I was expecting.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the leather handle bar tassels

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’d like to create a directional EMP for loud radios…wether they are on motorcycles or in cars, I don’t want to hear your shit.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motor only, no music for me.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I rode couple different Harley's for years ... I believed in being loud, being heard, being safe.

Even as an LEO for nearly four decades, I never wrote up a biker for having load pipes for this very reason.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I love my Street Glide. Sounds good, Cobra pipes, not too loud. Stock sound system is just fine. Not too loud. Runs good. Factory suspension could use an upgrade for sure, not too good. My dick is normal size as far as I can tell, not too small. Guess it could be a real bike. Oh, paid off too, bought with hard earned cash.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I remember a BMW motorcycle ad from the early 1960's. It showed a motorcycle on a peaceful country road, and the text said something like, "At 50 mph, the loudest sound is the swish of the tires on the pavement."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Well don't blame us when you get a dozen way hot chicks bothering you day and night for all kinds of sleep overs.

Do you have a t-shirt that reads
"Free Mustache Rides" ?

Big Grin

You'll be batting off the sloots with a stick!

Stay hydrated Richard!

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you suppose when Hardly offers the electric Electra glide ,
Will they offer the load pipes audio?

Turn the volume down in the garage
And crank too thirteen out in the desolation .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I rode couple different Harley's for years ... I believed in being loud, being heard, being safe.

Even as an LEO for nearly four decades, I never wrote up a biker for having load pipes for this very reason.

Thank you. I was once in a damn positive encounter with a LEO who had a similar attitude towards motorcycles. We ended up talking about bikes for a while. It makes me smile whenever I think about it.

I do wonder if part of the reason I didn’t get a ticket was because of the way I acted. I 100% expected to get a ticket and never asked for them to let me off. It was a hell of a shock when he said “get it fixed” and hopped onto his cruiser and took off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Do you suppose when Hardly offers the electric Electra glide ,
Will they offer the load pipes audio?
Check out the Vroom Box.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
<snip>
Most of the Gold Wing riders that do this are playing Sinatra or Big Band stuff though....
<snip>

Smile Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Rode a Honda vtx 1800 F (big v=twin cruiser) aftermarket Batwing fairing w/stereo also Vance & Hines Big shots (pipes)...Kept the tunes down when in town or heavy traffic.... when cruising the pipes were not much louder than the factory cans but if I twisted on the throttle it did not potato / potato /potato but sounded like a NASCAR on the track taking off on a run ..... Once while out on a ride I stopped at a out of town Harley dealership and after making it about 3 steps inside the main doors a salesman approached me and started to see if I was looking to buy a Harley and when I told him that he did not have anything under the roof of that building that could get me off of my Honda he was not a happy camper. .......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I cant fit a Kenwood or an amp on my Ducati.
I'm looking to add at least 35 more lbs.

NOT

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post