SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm gonna put loud pipes on my Harley, and a powerful music sound system Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
So the people on the other side of the shopping center parking lot can hear my choice of rap music over the loud pipes.

When I get a Harley. Some day.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Loud Pipes Save Lives! Well, that's how the saying goes anyway... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Harley-Davidson is the most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing side effect of horsepower. Smile

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's turned into a thing, how loud can you get your radio, not just Harley either, sport bikes, metric cruisers, Indians, if you can put a BT Amp and speakers on it.

Most of the Gold Wing riders that do this are playing Sinatra or Big Band stuff though....

You should see the systems the young guys put on sport bikes, unreal where they figure out how to install speakers, lots of speakers.

Used to be that Main Street at BikeWeek was problematic for loud pipes, now it's white guys dressed like Eminem playing hard core rap, cops said they can't do anything about it, something about 1A and freedom to express or something.

This came about with the popularity of the touring/bagger class...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Apparently, being loud risks dehydration so don't stop with merely pipes and an amplifier. You need to put a cup holder on the handlebars large enough to hold a Big Gulp.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Be sure to post progress pics so we can follow along...when you get a Harley that is...

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Annoying noise running down the street.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Loud pipes....powerful music system.....Why did this suddenly come to mind.... Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wheels man, don’t forget the wheels to go with the killer stereo.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
But, do you complete the set and have the frontal lobotomy to go with it?

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not want anything to drown out the potato, potato, potato sound.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t quite understand the loud as hell sound systems on the Harleys. The loud pipes don’t bother me but the blaring music is odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I love listening to everyone else's music or how to say you're an idiot without saying you're an idiot.
Just sarcasm and certainly not a response to you, Richard.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I don’t quite understand the loud as hell sound systems on the Harleys. The loud pipes don’t bother me but the blaring music is odd.

The OP didn't say music - he said RAP.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

The OP didn't say music - he said RAP.

I have yet to encounter a Harley blaring anything that I would consider to be good music. It’s about 50/50 awful rap or country they blast out in my neck of the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, this old grouch will go ya one better: The concept of music on a motorcycle completely evades me.

On a couple of levels, actually:

1. If it's loud enough for you to hear through your helmet and over the motorcycle/road/wind noise, it's loud enough to cause hearing damage. For the rider and the spectators.

2. There's enough shit out there to distract me from the cagers trying to kill me as it is, I don't need any help in that department.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
So the people on the other side of the shopping center parking lot can hear my choice of rap music over the loud pipes.

When I get a Harley. Some day.

One day I'm going to grow up to be as cool as you. (Will be, when you get a Harley.)

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I agree PHPaul. The concept of a loud sound system on a motorcycle is in my eyes completely idiotic. I’m beginning to see more and more Harleys with loud as hell sound systems.

We will know society has totally lost it when the sport bikes follow suit. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Years ago I bought a 750 Honda . One of my co workers( a Harley rider ) tried to insult my bike . He said , " It's cute but it ain't a Harley " . I told him that was my favorite thing about it ..

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss my Harley but I didn't have a stereo. I did have slip ons installed but they weren't obnoxious, just a nice tone.

I have friends with the Road and Street Glides that have upgraded stereos and full exhaust.
To each his/her own.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post