SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To Get Off the Virus Thing. Bands You Liked?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Get Off the Virus Thing. Bands You Liked? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Seriously? Three pages and no one's mentioned the band of all bands, the Beatles?

I taught myself guitar because of the Beatles. Had it not been for the Fab Four, I might have wound up listening to country-western, or German polka bands.

Since they were my intro to 60s music, I have a lot of vinyl LPs in my collection from

• Jefferson Airplane
  • Quicksilver Messenger Service
  • Yardbirds
  • John Mayall
  • Spirit
  • Steve Miller (his first five albums, not his later junk)
  • Frank Zappa & Mothers

I have plenty more. Some have been previously listed.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a bunch of gun nuts you guys have really good taste in music! Thanks for the input and keep them coming please. Here's a hillbilly rock band (Outlaws) that I listened to in college:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_VoNba8Sg

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ptavYnUBM

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ok so I know many of you probably won’t like these guys but when I was in my 20’s this was one of THE songs that got me more amped than anything. We rocked this song hundreds of times while heading to Croatan and the VA Beach 1st Street Jetty to surf and get our boards dinged. This obscure Hampton VA based band recorded this song in the same Virginia studio as my brother when he recorded his album. It’s the only reason I know of them. Years went by and I forgot about them until someone finally posted their song on YouTube and a friend of mine who also loved the band sent me the link.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yaThz3hYmMo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
.38 Special
Night Ranger
Journey
Styx
REO Speedwagon
Boston
Cheap Trick
Van Halen
AC/DC
Chicago
Hall & Oates (yeah, I can admit it)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Aerosmith
The Who
Tears for Fears
Robert Palmer
Led Zeppelin
...and others.

I had an '81 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, Sandstone Beige, with a Pioneer stereo and Alpine 4x10 speakers ('cause the 6x9's wouldn't fit without major modifications to the rear panels, and I wanted it to look stock). Man, for about a summer there I was invincible. Time has indeed marched on. Frown

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Dire Straits

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Ok so I know many of you probably won’t like these guys but when I was in my 20’s this was one of THE songs that got me more amped than anything. We rocked this song hundreds of times while heading to Croatan and the VA Beach 1st Street Jetty to surf and get our boards dinged. This obscure Hampton VA based band recorded this song in the same Virginia studio as my brother when he recorded his album. It’s the only reason I know of them. Years went by and I forgot about them until someone finally posted their song on YouTube and a friend of mine who also loved the band sent me the link.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yaThz3hYmMo

another local to you band that you may not have heard of that was excellent was the X Raves,

saw them at a dive called Hard Times near VCU in the early 80's

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Umm. How about

Bad Mayonaise

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, so many great bands listed in the previous pages. Brings back so many great memories.

Some names mentioned that I have never heard of but that’s ok too. I probably won’t go back and look them up because of so much great music from the ones that I recognize.

Keep naming them ladies and gentlemen!!!!

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Dave Grohl is a badass. From his time in Nirvana, to Foo Fighters.

Jack White is worth a listen too...

Posts: 5762 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Uriah Heep
Jethro Tull
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
CCR
The Doors
The Who

I graduated high school in 1973. So, I may be old but I saw all the good bands.

My senior year in high school I drove a Triumph Spitfire, it was not pristine. I took out the panel behind the seats and replaced it with a panel that held four speakers. Mounted an 8 track and I was ready to rock.

Fast forward to 1983. I am now driving an 1983 Ford pickup. I picked up my date and we went to the truck, we were/are both outdoor people so the truck was good with her. I turned the key in the ignition and the "stereo" blasted. She turned to me with a look that dripped with disdain and said, "How immature". She was a pianist with a focus on classics.

I am still immature. Still listen to music. Still play it a bit too loud.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 718 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Lynyrd Skynrd is my favorite.
Jimi Hendrix not mentioned yet.

Lots of greats from 60/70/80's already listed, but some others not mentioned:
Animals
Aretha Franklin
BB King
Bad Company
Blind Faith
Blood, Sweat & Tears
Boz Scaggs
Bread
Charlie Daniels
Chuck Berry
Dion
Elvin Bishop
Eric Burdon
Evanesence
Everly Brothers
Four Seasons
Four Tops
Grass Roots
Greg Kihn
Guess Who
Iron Butterfly
It's A Beautiful Day
J. Geils
James Taylor
Jan & Dean
Janis Joplin
Jeff Beck
Jerry Lee Lewis
Jim Croce
Joe Satriani
Kingsmen
Little Richard
Lovin' Spoonful
Mama's and Papa's
Marvin Gaye
Otis Reading
Queen (early)
Ray Charles
Righteous Brothers
Rossington-Collins
Roy Buchanan
Sam the Sham
Shangri-La's
Smokey Robinson
Steely Dan
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Styx
Supertramp
Surf Raiders
Surfari's
Temptations
Ten Years After
Thin Lizzy
Three Dog Night
Tommy James and The Shondells
Turtles
Wilson Pickett
Yes
Zombies
ZZ Top

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Avoiding listing obvious bands, some of my all time favorites not listed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UhgeMQXXWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3zaeOyL7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDXnbuUKEaA

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post