SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Thanksgiving to all SIGforum readers, members and their family and friends
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Thanksgiving to all SIGforum readers, members and their family and friends Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all our SigForum community!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you also, Para and everyone else.

I'd like to pass on something I learned. Some people feel surly about giving thanks on Thanksgiving thinking they have nothing to give thanks about.

But in 1621 when the first Thanksgiving celebration was held with the Pilgrims, the preceding winter had been a harsh one. Seventy-eight percent of the women who traveled on the Mayflower had perished that winter, leaving only around 50 colonists to attend the celebration. According to eyewitness accounts, among the pilgrims, there were only 22 men, just four women, and over 25 children and teenagers. Link

The US has celebrated Thanksgiving every year since Abraham Lincoln's proclamation of 1863. 1863 was in the middle of the US Civil War which lasted from 1861 and 1865. The number of soldiers who died between 1861 and 1865 is estimated to be 620,000 - a number approximately equal to the total of American fatalities in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Spanish American War, World War I, World War II, and the Korean War, combined. Link

I think the lesson of Thanksgiving is to find something to be thankful about even in the midst of despair.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I've got many things I'm thankful for, including this forum!

Posts: 74 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: July 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Para, thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Posts: 1550 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
A very Happy Thanksgiving, Para and to everyone on the forum. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your long time dedication to the forum. May God bless you and your family.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Para, thank you for the forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Sig Forum family.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Your comments move me, Para, this surly poster gives thanks to you. May all here have a wonderful day.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving all. May your day be blessed and you be surrounded by people who care.

To those of you working today, thanks for all you do.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all the SIGforum Krewe.
May happiness and prosperity find you all.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Happy thanksgiving Para, thanks for this forum.

And a happy thanksgiving to all the members that help make this a great place to visit.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
God Bless you and yours Para, and everyone in the Great Sigforum !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Posts: 638 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have so much to be thankful for every day. This week is special because both of our children and their families are here to celebrate our new home, eat to much and enjoy each others company.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It is a day to reflect on all we should be thankful for. I have been blessed in many ways and am thankful. Among the things I am grateful for is this Forum and the wonderful folks who attend here. Thanks, Para, for this excellent Forum! And enjoy the day with your family.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post