SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Liberty Safe Co gives access to customer's safe at request of FBI
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberty Safe Co gives access to customer's safe at request of FBI Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So, being the technologically limited baboon I am, is there a similar item to an Apple Air Tag that I can use without having to buy an Apple device. I don't care to relearn the basic functions I know for my android... nor do I wish to have a iPhone just for the off chance someone steals my whole safe.

So, after looking into these things, am I missing something or how do I track something that only has a 200 foot range? Is it 200 feet from my phone, or just any phone, wifi, bluetooth, etc. Or is the android product seriously just inferior?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

So, being the technologically limited baboon I am, is there a similar item to an Apple Air Tag that I can use without having to buy an Apple device.
Tile?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30708 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, being the technologically limited baboon I am, is there a similar item to an Apple Air Tag that I can use without having to buy an Apple device.

Samsung will be rolling out their next generation Smart Tag soon, if they haven't already. Just like with Apple devices though, you will need the higher end models for full functionality like Ultra-wideband.

quote:
Or is the android product seriously just inferior?

No.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30419 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

is the android product seriously just inferior
Depends on what your priorities are. Android and Apple each have their strengths and weaknesses.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30708 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Well.

Isn’t this interesting.

Link

Liberty Safe Scandal: Parent Company Exposed as Major Donor to Gun-Control Democrats - Report

Liberty Safe, which describes itself as “America’s #1 heavy-duty home and gun safe manufacturer,” has come under fire after a report revealed that its parent company has donated almost half a million dollars to pro-gun control Democratic officials.

On Wednesday, Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk shared FEC filings on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, that show Liberty Safe’s parent company, Monomoy Capital Partners, has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Democrats.

“I pulled the FEC reports on the company and found approximately $400,000 over the last 10 cycles of max donations to Democrats,” Kirk wrote.
Advertisement - story continues below

“Liberty Safe’s current CEO, Justin Hillenbrand, was a founding partner of Monomoy and donated $4,600 to Obama for America,” Kirk added.

In a news release Monomoy Capital issued announcing its acquisition of Liberty Safe in 2021, it called the move “another great example of Monomoy partnering with a branded, market leading, consumer products manufacturer that has garnered an enthusiast customer base throughout the company’s history.”

Among the many donations listed, the most notable were to Democratic Sens. Raphael Warnock of Georgia, John Fetterman of Pennsylvania and Mark Kelly of Arizona, and former Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes of Wisconsin – all of whom have expressed support for gun control.

Barnes lost a bid to unseat Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson in November.
Would you buy a Liberty Safe now?
Yes No
Completing this poll entitles you to The Western Journal news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Kirk’s report comes as Liberty Safe is already facing fierce backlash for giving the FBI the passcode to a customer’s safe.

Nathan Earl Hughes of Fayetteville, Arkansas, was arrested on Aug. 30 for his involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol incursion, according to The New York Times.

The FBI executed a search of Hughes’ home that day and, in doing so, sent a request to Liberty Safe asking for access to Hughes’ gun safe.

Hughes’ lawyer, William Shipley, said Liberty Safe voluntarily gave the FBI the passcode to get into the safe, despite the fact that there was no court order requiring the company to do so, the Times reported.

Hughes’ case has been highlighted by the conservative duo known as the “Hodgetwins,” who described Hughes as an “outspoken American Patriot” and a “friend of ours.”
Related:
Lawmakers Officially Calling for Impeachment of New Mexico Governor Over Suspension of Gun Rights

The Hodgetwins shared a video of Hughes’ arrest and of a convoy of FBI vehicles pulling into his driveway. Since the FBI reportedly disabled his home security system, there was no footage of agents executing the search.

Meanwhile, Liberty Safe has attempted to recover from the backlash by announcing that customers can now remove their safe’s passcodes from Liberty Safe’s database of combinations.

“Effective immediately, customers can visit www.libertysafe.com/pages/combination-removal and fill out the form to have records of their access codes expunged,” Liberty Safe said in a statement shared on X.

“Our mission is to protect what matters most to our customers, whether that be valuables or privacy,” the statement said. “It is our pledge to continue to make excellent products that serve gun owners everywhere.”

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5761 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Well.

Isn’t this interesting.

Posted on Page 4.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30419 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
“Our mission is to protect what matters most to our customers, whether that be valuables or privacy,”

"Well...that's our policy NOW... that we've been caught."

quote:
“It is our pledge to continue to make excellent products that serve gun owners everywhere.”

They might want to slow down making excellent products just a bit as very few people will be buying them going forward.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Company alienates the demographic that is probably their main revenue stream.

That's special.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm honestly surprised they even asked Liberty. Historically, we'll ask the owner for the combination and if they don't provide it, the safe gets cut open.

Because they asked once before, and Liberty said send us a copy of the warrant and we'll do it.

Liberty says they give out 4000+ codes to open safes a year, so you have death of the owner/estate, forgotten passwords, and law enforcement.

They felt protected by saying ok to a warrant and had a procedure in place, clearly reviewed by in house legal council or management who never thought it would be an issue.

Social media changed that, same as with AB and that lunatic marketing person who decided to tell the world of her transgender love...

In AB's case it was an employee who ratted them out unknowingly, in this case, they ran up on a group of people who knew how to hit back, or is is clap back..

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post