SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
True, but apparently that does not fit with California sentencing. I am sure Pelosi has PTSD which they appear to be ignoring.

Yeah but marriage-to-a-hag induced PTSD is not directly applicable to this case.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed your point. His probable PTSD is related to the assault. Who he is married to is irrelevant.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty harsh sentence for a lover's spat. Big Grin

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I missed your point. His probable PTSD is related to the assault. Who he is married to is irrelevant.

I'm sure anyone that has to put up with Nancy Pelosi for a while would have PTSD. Maybe that's why he drinks so much. Wouldn't you?

Posts: 4956 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SFPD will get paid $1 million per year to station officers outside Pelosi home
quote:
Two years after an attacker was able to enter the Pelosi home, the Capitol Police force plans to pay the city $1 million for a 24/7 presence.

Two years after a hammer-wielding attacker broke into Nancy Pelosi’s home in the middle of the night, the San Francisco Police Department is set to renew a lapsed agreement with federal police to provide 24/7 security at the house in exchange for $1 million.

The new agreement comes in the wake of the federal conviction of Paul Pelosi attacker David DePape and an uptick in recent protests calling on the Congresswoman to back a ceasefire in Gaza. Two people were recently arrested and charged for protest activities related to Pelsoi’s position on the conflict.

The new agreement, which is retroactive to January, is set to go before the Board of Supervisors later this month.
“The law enforcement services shall include support and enhancements” to existing security, according to the memorandum of understanding. The document says SFPD officers will remain outside of the home seven days a week and at all hours of the day and night, whether or not Nancy Pelosi is in the home.

The initial agreement lapsed in 2021, according to a report late last year in Roll Call. An internal Capitol Police memo revealed that “the department cast blame for the missing police presence on long-standing policies, budget shortfalls and unresponsive San Francisco officials.”

On Oct. 28, 2022 DePape broke into the Pelosis’ San Francisco home, where he was arrested by police officers who witnessed him attack Paul Pelosi with a hammer. DePape confronted Pelosi shouting, “Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?”
Two SFPD officers arrived at the scene and saw the attack after Paul Pelosi opened the front door. After DePape struck Pelosi, the officers intervened and detained him.

DePape later told police about his intention to kidnap Nancy Pelosi in a lone mission to punish her for her politics, court records say.

DePape was eventually convicted on two federal counts for assaulting Paul Pelosi and attempting to kidnap then-speaker Pelosi when he broke into the couple’s home. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison in May.
DePape’s state case is in progress.

Pelosi’s office declined to comment on security protocols. The Capitol Police declined to comment on its security plans. An SFPD spokesperson said due to security concerns, the department could not release the number of officers who will be tasked with watching the Pelosi home.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope the Pelosis will remember to thank the taxpayers for that little consideration. Not holding my breath, though.

Posts: 7418 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Matthewmatician but that's $114 an hour. I feel like as a taxpayer I'm getting ripped off, unless there's gonna be more than one, and if that's the case I want my money back.

Posts: 2047 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure anyone that has to put up with Nancy Pelosi for a while would have PTSD. Maybe that's why he drinks so much. Wouldn't you

NO. Look up the definition of PTSD. PTSD is an overused term.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
I'm sure anyone that has to put up with Nancy Pelosi for a while would have PTSD. Maybe that's why he drinks so much. Wouldn't you?
There is some question about whether this exchange really took place, and if so, who the participants were. One version:

Nancy Astor to Winston Churchill: “If you were my husband, sir, I’d give you a dose of poison!”

Churchill's response: “If I were your husband, I’d take it!”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
I'm not a Matthewmatician but that's $114 an hour. I feel like as a taxpayer I'm getting ripped off, unless there's gonna be more than one, and if that's the case I want my money back.

Correct but it’s probly worse. Please note that starting pay for a SFPD officer is $50 an hour. That’s for a rookie, day 1 out of academy. And only goes up from there + overtime + lavish gold plated health benefits + pension contribution from city.

Just 1 officer sitting in a car 24/7 in the Pelosi driveway, my guess is the SF taxpayer is net net getting rolled and 1mm is not covering it. But they are used to it, not my problem.

Posts: 4972 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy is clearly a shrew, which I am sure Paul knew when he married her.