SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
You have a side to your bedroom closet?
Lucky you.

My wife has a walk in bedroom closet. My clothes sit folded in the laundry room where I dress.

Welcome to AA, the real AA I mean.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Welcome to AA, the real AA I mean.

Thanks for the warm barrel Welcome.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I'm still jealous about the closet thing.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016...gn=Weekly+Newsletter

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

Expect Ammunition Prices to Rise

Factors are lining up to cause ammo prices to increase.

Posted August 9, 2016 in Shooting by Dr. John with 36 Comments

My dad used to say growing up in Missouri that every time somebody strikes a match, the electricity goes out and the prices go up. Then it seemed like every turmoil in the world resulted in rising fuel prices at the pump. Ironically, the well pumps in the Middle East never ceased pumping except when Saddam torched his own oil fields during the Gulf War.

Then trends began. This incident or that caused gasoline to fluctuate wildly, almost always going up in price. What was one dollar a gallon went to over four in some locations. Summer blends cause price increases, demand for winter heating oil caused prices to go up, no Keystone pipeline, so prices go up. Seemingly any manufactured crisis causes gas prices to rise.

The same principle exists for rapidly changing ammunition prices, though the manufacturers claim their production facilities are running at full capacity. So, what really happens? A crisis happens. It could be blamed on wars using huge quantities of ammo, thus creating brass and powder shortages. Terrorist attacks are on the increase, etc., etc. All of these “excuses” cause ammo price increases.

I scanned a number of on line ammunition sources over the past week and found ammo prices up from 10-20 percent across the board. Naturally, the most popular rounds are the ones going up like .223/5.56, .308, 9mm, and .45 ACP. Rimfire ammo is up again. There are no dealer quotas yet, but this is coming again through this election cycle. Just the threat of new gun laws, ammo tracking, and such causes so-called shortages, thus producing ammo price increases.

Generally though ammo prices have been going up for years. One used to be able to buy a basic 20-round box of 30-30 hunting ammunition for under $10. Today it is approaching $30. High quality hunting ammunition especially in magnum calibers is approaching $50 a box and more.
Bought any Weatherby ammo lately?

Dealers tell me that much of the ammo price choking and gouging lies with the big supply wholesalers. When the water hose is running full blast, prices and supplies are good. Then the distributors start choking off deliveries. They put buying quotas on their dealers. Supply and demand they say.

Three months ago a 1000 round case of 5.56 was $325. This week it is generally $375. A friend bought some last week for $400 and thought it was a good deal. Pricing us out of the market is one sure way to keep us from shooting.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Ammunition prices these day bite moose.
And I firmly believe that there is more to the price increase than just demand.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
OK....so which one of you bought up all the quality .22 WMR recently? Red Face

Fortunately I have a decent amount of it that should last me a while, but .22LR and .22 WMR have now traded places as far as availability.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
We're ammoholics, it's what we do.

I am hoping to get to the range in the morning and try out a box of the PPU 7.62X51.
The specs I saw somewhere said 2880fps.

If true, I'd say that's moving the freight.

The FedEx guy was funny today. I met him at the gate and he has the 500rds of 9mm NATO.
I asked him if he had another box for me and he said no. I told him the website said both were out for delivery.

Again he said no so I went back inside.
I hear the dogs barking and there he is leaving my 7.62X51 on the post by the gate.

I knew he had the daily double even if he didn't know it.

Ammoholics just know these things.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Ten (10) Boxes American Eagle 223 55gr FMJ Ammunition 20rds & One (1) New .30 Cal Ammo Can

32.5 cents a round with free 30 cal ammo can.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ontent=12%3a00+Email

I know this really belongs in Billy Bobs BangBang

But I am an Ammoholic and this is the best deal I have seen lately.

Expires 8-19 at midnight.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
See update page six photos added

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Didya buy it?

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Where can I get a good deal on ammo cans?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Got another 1000 rounds of 9mm subsonics today. I managed to stake my claim in the corner of the spare room for my stash. Need more 5.45, 5.56 and .50 before November. Id stack 10k rounds on if I could. Can quit anytime I want Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Where can I get a good deal on ammo cans?

I've ordered a few of these, no complaints.
http://www.ruralking.com/crow-...can-50-cal-m2a1.html

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Look what came today, 500rds of each.

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I don't know about you, but that 7.62x51 appears to be some quality stuff. Like you my most recent order is stamped 16; I'll be anxious to try shooting some of it.

I've had very good luck with their 5.56 in the past so I'm expecting the same from this.

I shot a box of the Prvi Partizan 7.62X51 today.
It shot just fine, no failures of any kind. I like it.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slosig:

The rules to the club are simple.

We are not anonymous.
We do not have a problem.
We are not seeking help
We don't need help (unless help means sending us more ammunition free of charge)
We are unrepentant
Plus we are right about what we do.

What's not to love about Ammoholics Anonymous?

Well since you put it that way I guess I am after just ordering a brick of 5.56..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That's the spirit!

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I feel a little better now Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didya buy it?

Yes only could afford one order of it.
Still paying off my MCX because California is stooping the sale of AR's in January.

Got to catch up on bills. Frown

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Well crap.
Given that the Prvi Partizan 7.62X51 works so well, I ordered a case of their 5.56 M193.

I have to lay in extra 5.56 given how my daughters can munch through it during range time.
I knew it was a bad idea to have one of those plastic loaders that put in 5 rounds at a time.

I should hold that thing back and make them insert them individually and maybe their ammo consumption might decrease.

Then again, I love my daughters and love taking them shooting. You know, them being new but hardcore 2nd Amendment types now.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Alright, alright....just ordered another case of .223 and 9mm FMJ. That's in addition to some .22, 38spl and 9mmSD ordered the other day. Happy now, lbj? Wink Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post