SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
hah hah ! (evil laugh) The ammoholic thread is still alive! Good to see. Bought a couple cases in the end of year deal season.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Order placed for another 2,200 rounds Smile

Signed up for Target Sports USA Prime membership, just like Amazon membership, free shipping and other benefits. Looks to be about a 10% discount from normal pricing, so I got to spend $1000 a year, which is reasonable (I don't want to admit to how much I spent in 2016). Also the ability to order non-case amounts to get free shipping is a nice bonus.

quote:

PRIME MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Buy Ammo at Wholesale Pricing
- Buy ammo at discounted pricing all year long and save!
Free Shipping on ALL Orders
- We always offer free shipping on bulk orders, with Prime you will receive free shipping on every order!
Exclusive Ammo Deals
- Members only emails with discounts and rebates direct from the manufacturer!
Low Annual Fee
- Prime Ammo Membership pays for itself with 3-5 orders of ammo a year!
Free Mystery Ammo Box
- During the 3rd quarter of the first year of your membership, you will receive free ammo based on your purchase history!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the Hell. Buying ammo isn't a problem. Buying ammo cans to store it is. Total waste of money, what are you going to with them when their empty? Throw them at your enemy?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I picked up some IMI M193 recently.

At this point, I have cycled my 556 into practice and defensive lots.

The IMI is in the defensive category.
The others like the Serbian and things are now designated as practice ammo.

I don't do the fancy 556 ammo so far.
I might change my mind one day.

I did manage a range visit about a month ago.
That's when I noticed which ammo was hotter and which wasn't.

The descriptions for IMI's M193 and M855 usually call it as suitable for combat use and op, not just practice.
Seems to me IMI pushes the load limits a bit. They are pretty hot, and therefore irresistible.

For 9mm, I have been going with the 124gr Winchester NATO with the cross on the headstamp.

It isn't like I am an ammoholic or anything.
That's in my past.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lbj,

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I would bring this thread back to the top of the lounge page....For those of us that fell deeply into this category I think it is safe to say NOW that no one feels bad about their previous purchasing decisions....I sure don’t....Just wish I could say the same for my reloading components, which I am ok on but not where I would like to be Considering the current primer situation.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Previous purchases lol...I’m still buying. Last month included...

1k 10mm
2k .223
200 45-70

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a few friends that procrastinated too long on getting armed and stocked and now I get frequent messages about availability and price of ammo. I just sit back with a slight smirk and think, “You did me right SigForum.” *salute*

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Previous purchases lol...I’m still buying. Last month included...

1k 10mm
2k .223
200 45-70

Otto - I am also - was in Wal-Mart shopping yesterday with the wife (picking up some small gifts for the grandkids in Germany) and made my way over to sporting goods dept....

Five minutes later I had 3000 rounds of 22LR in my buggy...

1000 rds. of M22’s for $42.00

950 rds. of CCI Standard Velocity for $3.87 per box of 50 - needed these for my suppressor guns...Guy said no one likes to buy these because they are lead bullets and not Mini-Mags

Two - 525 packs of Federal 36gr. Copper Plated HP for $19.97 a box.....

Deals can still be had at Wal-Mart if you are looking for 22’s, shotgun shells, or deer hunting rounds....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm a forgetful one. I really don't know how much ammo I have, but I'm sure it's more than sufficient for whatever need comes about.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am quite comfortable with my current inventory of ammo, PLUS, my reloading presses are always set up and ready to go if necessary.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might be an ammoholic --

if you find 490 rounds of .223 in the trunk of your car, that you forgot were there

if you have to re-do your spreadsheet to account for all the loaded mags you have

if you lose track of all the places you have "stored" your ammo

if your estimate of what you have on hand turns out to be off by a factor of 2 or more

if you have ammo for guns you no longer own

if you have ammo for guns you never owned

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Man how things have changed since the last time this thread was bumped. I feel very fortunate for my purchases.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I kinda wish I did not have so many Family, friend and former students that did not stock up.

Oh well now I have folks I can call on in the event a close to home urban armed disorder occurs!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieSW:
You might be an ammoholic --

if you find 490 rounds of .223 in the trunk of your car, that you forgot were there

if you have to re-do your spreadsheet to account for all the loaded mags you have

guilty on all counts

if you lose track of all the places you have "stored" your ammo

if your estimate of what you have on hand turns out to be off by a factor of 2 or more

if you have ammo for guns you no longer own

if you have ammo for guns you never owned

guilty on all counts lol

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Bah. You're not a real ammoholic unless you find yourself wondering where the ten rounds went or came from. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’m out of space in my ammo cabinet (old simple tall Sentry). Was in my big safe a few weeks ago cleaning and had an unopened box I’d forgotten about - turned out was a 1000 rounds loose CCI 9MM 124 I’d forgotten about Wink. Will say though now we are starting to whittle away and not adding back given the ammo crunch.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
You know you’re an ammoholic when you’ve had more than three tragic boating accidents.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post