SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you're an ammoholic.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nuts, I thought I could blame Obama. Oh, well, at least I enjoy my neurosis.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I had a meeting today next to Cabelas. I went in and walked out with 100 rounds of LC 55gr 5.56 for $35. I went to Dick's today to exchange a pair of soccer cleats and walked out with 100 round box of WWB 9MM for $22. I have already surpassed by Oct 1 target numbers. I can't stop, I have issues. Big Grin

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have reviewed and read this thread every time I come to the forum....Today I will contribute my first post to this thread - Ran up on a deal at the LGS which made me purchase ammo that I did not have the reserved funds to support but I could not walk away from this.....

2000 rd sealed case of 22 WMR CCI 40Gr HP ammo for $399.99.....Yep I bought it - could not get my CC out fast enough. Just last week I said I was done......ok - I am done now......once I get 3-5 more bricks of CCI 22LR standard ammo....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has the "Swamp People" .22 WMR for .25/round. It's the CCI JHP, 200 rounds for $49, limit 5. Free shipping with code for $99 or more.

I shipped it to my cousin's house in TN, so no sales tax.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...av%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

Posts: 3436 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Cabelas has the "Swamp People" .22 WMR for .25/round. It's the CCI JHP, 200 rounds for $49, limit 5. Free shipping with code for $99 or more.

I shipped it to my cousin's house in TN, so no sales tax.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...av%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

Aint that considered bootlegging getting around the Tax Thing? Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Who's getting a delivery today, I wonder.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not today but Wednesday I recieved 1K rounds of 380 and Friday 1K rounds of 9mm. The weekends are for rest Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tuesday.

I can remember when saving up the allowance and neighborhood chore money was enough to ride the heavyweight Schwinn to the 7-11 to buy one box of .22's.
It made a boy feel like a wealthy man. We were never worried about supply. Only about enough pennies and nickles to allow demand to be fulfilled.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to a gun show in NH tomorrow. Checking out if they have any good deals.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'll probably keep buying a case of something per paycheck until the prices creep up.

I think I'm ok with having more .22LR than I can shoot in the next ten years...

No, wait... better double it...

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Delivery on Thursday went as expected... Poor FED EX guy couldn't carry the boxes to the front door so he backed up to the garage and put them out in front of it. Thankfully I was home and waiting or I might have backed into quite a speed bump.

Why delivery people think the garage door is a smart place to put deliveries is beyond me.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:

Why delivery people think the garage door is a smart place to put deliveries is beyond me.

Because it is usually a shorter distance than it is to your front door entrance!

Posts: 1465 | Location: Sandbox City VA | Registered: September 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
This is really a serious disease. Went with my son to the range to shoot his 10/22. We brought our own ammo.

BUT...when we got to the range, they just took delivery of CCI .22, same that we shoot, and that I brought along. Of course, I didn't, well, I just couldn't bring myself to shoot my own ammo when a whole new brick was sitting there looking so nice and new, all wrapped up looking so new and neat and everything.

I went home with a whole lot more ammo than I walked in with, and the wife has no idea (that's just a bit of icing on the cake). My god, what would happen if I ever got down to only a few thousand rounds??

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Related. Just ordered another 12, 50 cal ammo cans. Gotta have a good place to put all the other goodies I've been getting.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
My god, what would happen if I ever got down to only a few thousand rounds??

It's a scary thought isn't it? I hope to never have to find out... Big Grin

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
I think there should be the equivalent of a ball pit but filled with ammo that we can play in. Big Grin

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
PSA making it interesting for us ammo and mag holics:

http://enews.palmettostatearmo...rENHVji9LRQSIXZQASnd

This deal has me thinking about a 9mm Glock, or a conversion barrel for my 31.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ontent=12%3a00+Email

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D_Steve:
PSA making it interesting for us ammo and mag holics:

http://enews.palmettostatearmo...rENHVji9LRQSIXZQASnd

This deal has me thinking about a 9mm Glock, or a conversion barrel for my 31.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ontent=12%3a00+Email

Well darn it, I had been looking for a sale on Blazer Brass 9mm this weekend and didn't find one, so I had ordered at the normal price. Guess I better just buy some more since at the sale price I'll be "saving" all that money.

Ammoholic checking in. Big Grin

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Ammoholic checkin in. Went to UPS terminal this AM to pick up my 2K rounds from SGA, and when the gal went into the back to pull the boxes I heard some dude saying "hey do you need a hand with that?"

Gal brought the box up and had a funny look on her face. Same look when she brought up the 2nd box.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post