SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Imagine how good it will feel when it arrives, it's all sweetness and light.

quote:
Originally posted by jonrem:
With any luck our daughters will have taken/shot up the ammo before we're even cold.

Let's not rush things, though your comment is probably true.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
You know you are an ammoholic when:

1. You read a warning about bad primers, by the same OP, and realize its happened to you too - with the same brand, round, and a year off on the lot number - and know its a year off by the lot number.

2. You also keep a spreadsheet, but have given up the count in the mid 5-figure range b/c you lost count, and are too damn tired to start recounting again.

3. Part of the lost round count is due to full magazines in safes, range bags, and lockers, that you realized too late were not included in the spreadsheet, AND you've also lost count of your mags!

4. you laugh your ass off when the cops raid someone's "arsenal" and it makes the evening news, and ITS ONLY A FEW THOUSAND ROUNDS!!!!!

5. You know you will be on national news if they ever raid your home, but take comfort that the LE will be so impressed with the stash, they will black-out the MSM so they can take the haul themselves.

6. You are like the Count on Sesame Street: Every time you shoot, you buy more - One for you (to use at the range), one for me (to replace the one you use), and one for the stash (got to keep adding, just in case of ???). That's three, three wonderful Boolits.

7. You can order large quantities of ammo, faster than a speeding bullet, off the internet - (not through Gunbot - you already know every supplier on there anyway), straight through any number of direct suppliers (they already have all your info, credit card, & your zip code, including those unexplained extra numbers after the dash). And, you get free shipping by typing in random codes that sometimes work (i.e. FREESHIP, 10OFF, SPECIAL)

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That's really good.
I like the part about the round count is affected and off because of loaded mags, range bags and such.
I can relate to just about all of what you wrote.

I ran into a little snag the last few days and realized my M855 supply is really low. I am down to about 400 rounds.
Some Prvi Partizan M855 was ordered.

I feel certain that my oldest daughter will love the green painted tips. They are stylish you know.

Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
'Looking at and fondling large piles of ammunition is almost like sex, you know?'

I love my guns and ammo, but no, not even close...

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I was also blessed with daughters who enjoy shooting. It does truly make me a proud parent to have given all my kids an infinitely useful and practical skill that separates my kids out from the mindless generation today. Giving knowledge is the only form of conveyance that removes nothing from the teacher, gives a lot to the student, and makes both "richer".

That reminds me that I have another 750 rounds at the range I never counted. A whole "arsenal"! But those get used very fast.

Greatest addiction on the planet.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Imagine how good it will feel when it arrives, it's all sweetness and light.

quote:
With any luck our daughters will have taken/shot up the ammo before we're even cold.

Let's not rush things, though your comment is probably true.

Totally.

I just hope my Ammoholism is hereditary!

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Out West:
Here is what helped me get over (somewhat) my compulsion to buy more and more ammo. I took a day to pull it all out of the closet and pull an inventory. I put all into a spreadsheet. By caliber, bullet type, velocity, purpose (hunting, self defense, target, etc.) and whatever relevant criteria there might be. I surprised myself by finding all kinds of stuff I'd forgotten. Also, calculating based upon my current rate of consumption, I learned that there is no way I'll use it all before I croak.

It took the pressure off.

Yep! I did the same thing. Even went as far as establishing reorder points & quantity to be ordered based on usage.

Moving my stash from NY to Texas was not amusing. My friends who helped me kept asking: "What's in this case?" Ummmmm, more ammo, Big Grin

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I may need to lease a

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Here's part of my Fedex shipment from Target sports I had the joy of receiving today after work, box open, sitting in front of garage. Mad

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I just bought ammo for 2 rifles that I don't own because it was a great deal. hello everybody!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Luckily I had a spare little CCI green box that I could rescue the poor abused brick with. S&B 9mm was unscathed.

Fedex, I'm not a happy ammoholic.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
This should keep me going for a little while...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:

Are those cracks in the plastic containers?
Looks like rough treatment of your package.
That was a close call, glad the S&B survived the attack.

It is not an exaggeration to say that every day, at least one sigforum member receives a bulk ammunition purchase.

FBHO
posted Hide Post
Fedex brutalized my brick. Frown

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The cases are ruined for sure.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I may need to lease a

Come to Papa.

quote:
I just hope my Ammoholism is hereditary!

It might be.
I remember when I was about 11 and the family was out at the lake cabin where I was allowed to shoot unsupervised back then.

My dad was with friends playing gin rummy when I walked in and announced I was out of .22.
My dad threw down his cards, stormed out to the car and drove 5 miles to the town of Hawkins.

30 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a brick and resumes the card game.

To this day, I am convinced that me stating I was out of ammunition right in front of his friends was cause for embarrassment.
He was a Texan after all, and being out of ammunition was... well... very Un-Texan.

Can you imagine?

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
This should keep me going for a little while...

I will loan you my daughters.

posted Hide Post
I had a relapse and The big brown truck just dropped off 1000 of Prvi 9mm, and 500 of 7.62x39 Golden Tiger. Probably going back for the other half of that case.

I'm so weak, I also have 1000 of American Eagle .233 on the way wth a couple of 30cal cans. Damn you SGAmmo & PSA and your awesome rock'n deals on ammo and such. Just damnit I say!

My names Weakie Weakerson, and I'm an Ammoholic.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
With such delivery, I would revel and rejoice.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Addiction just struck again. Just ordered a case, plus three boxes of HST 9mm 124gr.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Geco is good ammunition.