SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Story of a simple, yet most remarkable and toughest lady I've ever known, right until the end
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Story of a simple, yet most remarkable and toughest lady I've ever known, right until the end Login/Join 
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Q.
Thoughts and prayers....

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences and thank you for sharing your Mom's wonderful story.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss Q.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

It sounds like she was an incredible mom.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16122 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Blessings

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry to read this. She was obviously an amazing woman and even though I don't post much I read a lot here, it's plain to see the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posts: 3470 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Q I am so sorry for your loss, and the loss for your family. Prayers and thoughts for you all.

Not all are blessed with close families or loving supportive parents and it always makes me happy see those who have experienced and benefited from this.

We are frequently reflections of those who raised us and shaped our lives and with the moving tribute to your mother and father it is apparent where your character comes from.

Having endured years of health issues with my father, only to lose him quickly to a hemorrhagic stroke, I'm certain it couldn't have been easy to watch your Ma these many days. May she rest in peace, and may you and your family find peace and strength for yourselves.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i will say a prayer of comfort for you and your family.

PC

Posts: 1342 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences to you and your family Q. Your generosity, wisdom, and contributions to this community are a true testament of awesome job your mother did raising her children. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss. I pray that you find comfort in the good memories.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My condolences on the loss of your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Very nice tribute to her, she did a great job raising you to be the kind, considerate and generous person you are.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Your mother raised a fine son.

Jeff said what I would like to have said.

May your mother's name always be for a blessing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
You are a living testament to her legacy. What an amazing woman she was from your description. A life well lived. Sincere condolences.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
You knew it was coming, but that didn't make it easier when it happened. MAy God rest her soul and give your family solace in this time.

Posts: 5763 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your Ma was an amazing woman, wife, mother and friend to many.

My condolences to you and your family.

Rob

Posts: 3496 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences to your family. Lots to be proud of.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Hi Q, probably about a month after I joined the Sigforum that I read one of your threads. From that day forward anytime I see a thread you started I am compelled to open and read. I have learned that you are a true gentleman. I was going to point out many things I learned from and about you. As I thought of those things I thought why waste everybody's time. This is about ( Ma ) . Q all the positive things I was going to say about you? Ma is the reason you are who you are. Thank you for sharing with us a wonderful tribute to Ma. My condolences to you and your family. May Ma rest in peace.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post