SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drunk Michigan State Rep to police: "when I call Gretchen"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drunk Michigan State Rep to police: "when I call Gretchen" Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.fox2detroit.com/ne...back-in-court-friday

For now - Jones is out of jail - working as a state representative , living under supervision, with a 9 p.m. curfew and is in therapy for alcohol and mental health issues.

"He has a year left on his term, and hopefully he can complete that successfully - and do something good for the people he represents ,"

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
One part of his attorney’s strategy is saying that when the police arrived he was not physically behind the wheel.

I hope I’m wrong and I’m going to be pissed if this asshole walks.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like him walking is already a made deal.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I suspect that too. They consider him a rising star in the Democratic Party. Gretch needs all the allies she can get.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
a leopard can't change his spots.

just have to wait for him to screw up again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am sure PANTS DOWN jones will continue to represent the fine state of Michigan County of Wayne.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I stand corrected. Yeah Wayne County.

I suspect he will walk. I see no indication that the arresting constabulary proved that they were in fact his pants.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

He certainly won’t be driving in prison. With whom has a deal been made? The twelve unknown jurors?

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

He certainly won’t be driving in prison. With whom has a deal been made? The twelve unknown jurors?

This ^^^^^

Like the boss often says: Some of you guys...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post