SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drunk Michigan State Rep to police: "when I call Gretchen"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drunk Michigan State Rep to police: "when I call Gretchen" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am sure PANTS DOWN jones will continue to represent the fine state of Michigan County of Wayne.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I stand corrected. Yeah Wayne County.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, the Democratic machine of Wayne County. Given us such fine leaders as Coleman Young, Kwame Kilpatrick, Jennifer Granholm, Biden's Energy Secretary, our present Governor, Attorney General and Secretary of State and of course Jewell Jones.

Such great leadership....... Wink

P.S., forgot Monica Conyers, John Conyers widow. Sent up the river for three years as a result of accepting 11k in bribes while on Detroit's City Council. Good ol' John distanced himself from her after that mess.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
In all fairness he is not state Representative from Detroit but the 11th District which covers Inkster, Garden City, parts of Dearborn Heights and Livonia.

Yeah, I later realized I'd made an assumption, looked it up, and corrected it.

quote:
P.S., forgot Monica Conyers, John Conyers widow. Sent up the river for three years as a result of accepting 11k in bribes while on Detroit's City Council. Good ol' John distanced himself from her after that mess.

IIRC, he didn't even wait for "after?" My recollection is he couldn't dump her fast enough. Fine, upstanding man, eh?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
In all fairness he is not state Representative from Detroit but the 11th District which covers Inkster, Garden City, parts of Dearborn Heights and Livonia.

Yeah, I later realized I'd made an assumption, looked it up, and corrected it.

quote:

IIRC, he didn't even wait for "after?" My recollection is he couldn't dump her fast enough. Fine, upstanding man, eh?

If memory is correct they were in a strained (polite way to put it) relationship before that happened. She was one of his Congressional staff and he knocked her up, hence the marriage. The bribery probably finished it off though. Also remember one of his children got outed fro driving Conyers’ official use vehicle for personal use and on one occasion under the kid’s care it was stolen.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
He'll be able to run for Congress now.

When he drowns his passenger, he can try for the Senate.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, as predicted his lawyer, Ali Hammoud is playing the race card stating that if his client was not black and in Livingston County he would have been allowed to ride to the hospital with his passenger as his client demanded.

Yep, the asshole is over two times the legal limit a.k.a. Superdrunk under state law, is charged with assault on a MSP Trooper, a Fowerville Village P.O. and a Livingston County EMS Paramedic, caused injury and potentially injury or death to innocent persons and Hammoud cries racism. F both of them.

Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Our elected officials from the Governor on down to dog catcher all make us proud here in Michigan. Roll Eyes What a bunch of assholes!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1688 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, as predicted his lawyer, Ali Hammoud is playing the race card ...

Of course he is. That's all he's got. If his client had to stand on his merits he'd have nothing upon which to stand.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Only if he's a rich Democrat.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best thing about Michigan politicians is that they rarely cross the bridge.... Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the slogan???? Pure Michigan.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad the UP has to be part of Michigan. They are worlds apart. Love the UP!

I remember the old bumper sticker,”say ya to da UP eh”.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should've been beaten into a coma.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Lol, I see what you did there

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
What will Jewell Jones' defense be ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...lawmaker/ar-BB1g56OQ

An attorney for state Rep. Jewell Jones denies the lawmaker was in a car accident prior to his April 6 arrest on charges of drunken and reckless driving and resisting police, and says Michigan State Police troopers used excessive force on him.

But the version of events provided Monday by Dearborn attorney Ali Hammoud is in many respects at odds not only with police incident reports the Free Press obtained through the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, but with a police video of the incident posted online.

Police reports say Jones — whose blood alcohol content was measured at more than twice the legal limit — had driven his car into the ditch after police received multiple reports of a similar vehicle traveling erratically on the freeway, with the driver appearing to be asleep at the wheel.

Asked about the refusal by Jones to provide his identification, Hammoud said the police had no grounds to request his identification, saying there was no evidence of a crime or traffic violation.

"There was no indication of alcohol," Hammoud said.

But the police report said when the first trooper arrived on the scene, Jones appeared highly intoxicated.

"There was a strong odor of intoxicants coming from him and his speech was slurred as he spoke," the report said. "His eyes were red bloodshot and glassy and his fine motor skills were poor."

Asked about Jones not allowing police to handcuff him, Hammoud again said that police had no grounds to place handcuffs on Jones.

Hammoud said there was no accident and the car was not in the ditch.

The police report says officers arrived to find "a black SUV was down in the ditch."

Asked why Jones' passenger required ambulance transport to the hospital if Jones was not in an accident, Hammoud said he could not answer that. He said the passenger may have been vomiting at the side of the road when the ambulance arrived.

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best call Le bron . See how he wants this handled. Le bron says, black man, black suv. No harm, no foul.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
This is what the BLM/"Defund the Police!" movement is all about. Eliminating accountability on the part of offenders and the rule of law. When "privileged" people like this can drive on public highways intoxicated, threaten innocent motorists, injure their own passengers, and then deflect attention by trying to blame the police for their own irresponsible actions, you can see how the "bad old days" of accepted corruption and criminality are once again upon us. Al Capone would have been quite pleased to be here.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Seems to be missing his mask. Isn't there a state order?

Wearing a mask makes some things... difficult.
Whether any of that overlapped with the "intoxicated" and "pants down" aspect would be pure speculation.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im next expecting that Hammoud will contend that his client was sober and had nothing to drink whatsoever and the racist cops forced him to drink alcohol that they carry in their cars just for this reason.......