SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4 Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
sounds like a hit job. Who is really behind it ?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...eing-ousted-n2619374

Project Veritas released a statement on Wednesday after it was reported founder and face of the undercover outlet James O'Keefe was put on paid leave while the board of directors are deciding whether to remove him from his position.

The upcoming decision stems from anonymous allegations about O'Keefe's management style, which include berating employees and eating a sandwich that belonged to a pregnant woman.

The company's statement did not mention O'Keefe specifically but said "the board of directors and management are constantly evaluating what the best path forward is for the organization. The board and management are continuing this internal evaluation to ensure our long term success. Project Veritas will never stop and we will never let our our supporters down."

A thread from the founder of Old Row claimed, citing a source within the outlet, that what is happening to O'Keefe is nothing short of a hostile takeover attempt from two members of the board over weak allegations of misconduct.

more at link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
discussed here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9850081894/p/3

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread can continue, since it addresses the subject exclusively.

Parallel discussion in the referenced thread is fine as well.
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The upcoming decision stems from anonymous allegations about O'Keefe's management style, which include berating employees and eating a sandwich that belonged to a pregnant woman.
Oh, he ate a sandwich that belonged to a pregnant woman. I see. Roll Eyes

"Management style"? Used to be, when adults weren't entitled children, an employee would seek employment elsewhere.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Yea, when I didn't like my manager, I changed jobs. I didn't call the "Waaaahhh!" police.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I confess, I went there and ate that sandwich.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"...and eating a sandwich that belonged to a pregnant woman."

Freaking kidding me? So that's all they got, eh.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As sdy says, this has the earmarks of a hit job.

They're damn fools for trying this. For us, James O'Keefe is Project Veritas. Without O'Keefe, there is no Project Veritas.

The left hates PV and now the "board" is trying to ensure that we hate them, too.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...that what is happening to O'Keefe is nothing short of a hostile takeover attempt from two members of the board over weak allegations of misconduct.

I wonder who the two "board members" are.
With very weak sauce, it seems they are going way out of their way to get rid of O'Keefe, who is the face and the brains of the operation.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I find this unbelievable! He's been doing exactly what they do...what they stand for. Somebody got to these "board members" with threats, money or both and are shutting down a damn fine news/expose organization. Hit job for sure!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those "board members" had better be careful what they wish for, lest they unleash the fury.

Call 914-908-2300 , press 'zero' for the operator and leave a message.

or, use the web form: https://www.projectveritas.com/contact/

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Project Veritas employees’ letter targeting James O’Keefe leaked, 'James O'Keefe IS Project Veritas' trends on Twitter

That letter reveals complaints that staffers have with O'Keefe, about whom the board is expected to make a decision on Friday.

The letter sent by 16 staffers to the Project Veritas board of directors was revealed on Thursday, after it became clear that founder James O'Keefe may be ousted from the organization. As the news broke, "James O'Keefe IS Project Veritas" began to trend on Twitter.

That letter reveals complaints that staffers have with O'Keefe, about whom the board is expected to make a decision on Friday. The letter was obtained and published by Timcast.

"The undersigned are troubled and frustrated with James’ management style and business acumen," it begins.

"These behaviors and actons are antithetial to our core values, and it came to a head this week. Most recently, the treatment of Barry Hinckley and Tom O’Hara. These 2 highly respected individuals did what they thought was right for the beOerment of the organizaion and got berated in public on Tuesday and effectively terminated by Thursday."

In the letter, the 16 staffers, listed as Michael Villani, Eric Spracklen, Mario Balaban, Jake Mantel, Patrick Van Duyne, Sal Gueli Journalists: Arden Young, Preston Scagnelli, Bobby Harr (Lithium), Bethany Rolando, Joanne Sumner, Gillian Pietrowski, Jonathan Bailey, Joshua Hughes, Nick Mehaj, and Angelo Martinez, say that "James has become a power drunk tyrant and he is exactly who he pontificates on who we should be exposing."

Other statements also site professional relationships that apparently soured between O'Keefe and others, including an instance where O'Keefe called Spencer Meads a "pussy." Well, is he?

"James went as far as to call Spencer a pussy in Vegas, and Spencer heard him say it. Both of these guys were mission driven and suffered through it. They were raided and James still called Spencer that name - he never forgave them for making a decision to leave for their own mental wellbeing," the letter reads.

Issues cited include that "airing grievances" has led to termination, which hs prevented the undersigned from previously speaking up. Lack of transparency in decision making was a concern, as well we O'Keefe being difficult to work with, belligerant, and mean, with "bullying" listed as a concern.

Others took issue with O'Keefe's forray into musical theater, saying "All the theatre stuff and how that is handled makes me very uneasy. I understand it is rationalized as “raising awareness of our brand,” but the cost of that both in a financial sense as well as personnel and resources, becomes priority over why donors actually give us money, which is to conduct undercover investigations which expose waste fraud and abuse. In the end, we are in a deficit now, our fans and potential fans beyond do not respond positively to all of that stuff because all they want is for us to carry out the mission."

Project Veritas has been hemmoraging followers in the wake of the news that its creator and founder may be iced out, with staff and board attempting to continue without the man who made the company what it is.

Veritas, which issued a statement after the news broke in New York Magazine and the Daily Beast that O'Keefe's tenure was in question, said that they were confident in their ability to stay the course and continue to deliver on the mission O'Keefe set out for them, whether he was helming the project or not.

The letter references Barry Hinckley, who was fired by O'Keefe. A thread emerged on Twitter about Hinckley, alleging that he is "desperate for fame and fortune," and had "recruited 11 other @Project_Veritas employees to sign a letter declaring @JamesOKeefeIII a 'power-drunk tyrant' which he presumably sent to PV's board of directors in an effort to oust him from the company."

The full letter was shared by Timcast.

Letter at the link.

https://thepostmillennial.com/...r?utm_campaign=64483

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is going to get interesting.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and eating a sandwich that belonged to a pregnant woman.

She can go make another one. Come to think of it, I'm kind of hungry. Make two.

And yeah, I don't think I'd want to be on O'Keefe's bad side.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
'James O'Keefe IS Project Veritas' trends on Twitter

If he doesn't have a non-compete agreement, or if it's void, he will be up and running with a new version of PV within about 15 minutes after he walks out the door.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
These people are brilliant!
Yeah, lets fire the face of the organization. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
The full letter was shared by Timcast.

Letter at the link.

The letter is comical.

I'm no legal scholar, but does the freedom of association apply to individuals? Is it a constitutional violation for your boss to say the following? "Hey, I just fired Jimmy because he's toxic, I don't want you talking to him, he may be trying to harm the company as revenge."

Also, why does it read like a jilted lover or a highschool kid wrote it?

As for the pregnant woman's sammie, I'm guessing it went like this. Hey I'm stuck in this courtroom, anyone have some food? Awesome pregnant chick, thanks! Someone order pregnant chick some food. Eats sammie, goes back into courtroom.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't you understand????

ATE. HER. SANDWICH!!!!!

And called somebody a pussy. Well, is he a pussy? I'm guessing so.

I want to be able to quickly refer back to these names:

• Michael Villani

• Eric Spracklen

• Mario Balaban

• Jake Mantel

• Patrick Van Duyne

• Sal Gueli

• Arden Young

• Preston Scagnelli

• Bobby Harr

• Bethany Rolando

• Joanne Sumner

• Gillian Pietrowski

• Jonathan Bailey

• Joshua Hughes

• Nick Mehaj

• Angelo Martinez

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
  •  
    delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    Maybe they can get Swalwell to replace the golden goose.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fire begets Fire
    Picture of SIGnified
    posted Hide Post
    Why stay? He’s the freaking talent all day long.

Bounce already, and get busy again.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
    ~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Why should he? It's his baby.