SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4 Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
If they're true? Who gives a shit if they're true? All these accusations reveal is that he might be a jerk. Here's a newsflash. Most very successful, driven people are jerks. It's part of why they're successful.

Yeah, and why I posted about Steve Jobs. He did a lot worse than calling someone a pussy, or eating someone else's sandwich. But his vision, his drive, his instincts made Apple into one of the biggest companies in the world.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind a rough boss… In fact, sometimes they’re preferable because they’ll defend you when others won’t. They generally are just people who know what they want.

Just requires the skin on your part. I’ve got freaking deep calluses.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm well aware that some of my employees past think I am a jerk. Sometimes in business things have to be done just so. The process cannot be changed and the method of insisting that be the case is sometimes forceful. If the employee cannot or will not conform, it's the boot. That makes me a jerk and a disgruntled employee will make almost any charge to displace culpability for his firing.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I don't mind a boss with exacting standards or that insists on quality and detail in a subordinate's work. I don't even mind a boss that insists on following company policy, as long as that policy is clearly communicated before the infraction(s).

But I do have a problem with a boss that is disrespectful to his/ her subordinates, or that fails to follow the policies he/ she insists others follow, and especially if the policies aren't applied and enforced equally. I've seen this firsthand.

I don't know if any of this applies to PV and James O'Keefe but, as I've already pointed out, there is a real danger for him to ignore the accusations, if true. If not, if the staff are fabricating lies or exaggerating their complaints, then call HR, call the lawyers, and toss 'em overboard.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If O'Keefe is not reinstated and the corporate structure modified to prevent a recurrence, I'm in the "screw 'em" crowd.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me as though O'Keefe has gotten out of control. Power does not, especially for first timers. The boss has the final word, but he should not abuse his power.

The fired employees, well they do sound like pussies. Hopefully this two week cooling off period will give him a chance to understand what he has been doing wrong.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-speaks-out-n2619484

A major donor to Project Veritas released a video responding to allegations that were made against James O'Keefe, which resulted in him being put on paid leave, to say the claims made on her behalf were false.

Dianna Remmers made the video responding to the allegations while vacationing in Mexico with her husband. The complaint was part of a long list of alleged misconduct by O'Keefe that was presented to the Project Veritas board of directors.

The complaint involving Remmers and her husband claimed O'Keefe rudely asked for $75,000 on the spot during a meeting and refused to take a picture with Remmers at an event, where she was "humiliated to the point of tears." The author of the complaint said they were worried O'Keefe's behavior was going to turn them off from being donors to Project Veritas.

Remmers says O'Keefe did initially turned down her request to take a picture, but only because he was being swamped with people at the event and he did take a picture with her shortly thereafter.

"Actually after that, we had a great conversation. We've become great friends and I've had events for him, one in Beverly Hills. He's been a personal guest of mine at Mar-a-Lago...I am going to continue to support him and I'm really disappointed in the petty allegations towards him. They are completely false and ridiculous," Remmers explained.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

So Ms. Remmer calls out the board of PV for spreading false allegations involving her. Good. So the rest of the allegations can be viewed with a suspicious eye.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/...-speaks-out-n2619484

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, there ya go. Are we to believe that of the accusations being made against O'Keefe, this is the only false one? I find that unlikely.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'm well aware that some of my employees past think I am a jerk. Sometimes in business things have to be done just so. The process cannot be changed and the method of insisting that be the case is sometimes forceful. If the employee cannot or will not conform, it's the boot. That makes me a jerk and a disgruntled employee will make almost any charge to displace culpability for his firing.

^^^this right here^^^

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, there ya go. Are we to believe that of the accusations being made against O'Keefe, this is the only false one? I find that unlikely.

Definitely. Now this is sounding like some persons are envious of James' success, and are trying to bring him down.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I don't care if all the allegations were true. Or if there are a few dozen more like them.

But, no, ruffling some feathers, having a somewhat brusque manner and - god forbid - misappropriating a sandwich....

At this point I don't think we can restrict our allies to only perfect individuals.

When there are thirty or forty organizations doing this work, then maybe it would be time to start being selective.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
...god forbid - misappropriating a sandwich....
It's quite telling that they claim he took this sandwich from a pregnant woman. It shows how determined they are to accuse O'Keefe of every single thing they can think of. They thought to themselves "It's good he stole it from a pregnant woman, otherwise, saying he stole a sandwich might sound petty." Big Grin

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Any word on what kind of sandwich is involved in the scandal?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Any word on what kind of sandwich is involved in the scandal?

Sauerkraut with peanut butter and cumin on a brioche bun. With sprinkles. Considering the source.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many of the complainants are journalism majors that couldn't find a "real" job at MSNBC, CNN, the NYT or NBC - so they had to settle for a position at PV.

Journalism majors aren't know for their conservative leanings...

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) Complaints of being rude to a major donor would be a big issue to any charity board.

B) Seems like the kind of thing the board should have verified first.

C) Anyone want to lay odds on the large donors insisting the board is replaced?

(Seems like a group of idiots does not know how the charity world works/they’ve got it structured like the NRA so the board can do whatever the hell they feel like. If that’s true, the sooner it dies, the better.)

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is that as soon as I read the complaints the sandwich stood out as a question mark. It is so stupid an accusation, it is so designed to hit some emotional point that it sounds made up. If he truly stile a sandwich there is no need to say it’s a pregnant lady’s sandwich. Plus, and I don’t steal, but I find it odd that in a world where apparently I can steal $950 of merchandise without being charged with a crime, taking a subway club somehow rises to anything other than asshole status.

Ludicrous from top to bottom. Bosses can suck. Start your own business dickhead. I’m surprised the pregnant lady didn’t claim he groped her while stealing her sandwich.

I would take my 2 weeks off with pay and then come back and clean house.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I would take my 2 weeks off with pay and then come back and clean house.

Saw this in Forbes, one of many media whores who write with a "leftist slant" in regards to O'Keefe.
But they wrote that O'Keefe's email is sending auto replies stating "I am out of the office on leave and will be returning to the office on February 20th"
link

posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw this in Forbes, one of many media whores who write with a "leftist slant" in regards to O'Keefe.
But they wrote that O'Keefe's email is sending auto replies stating "I am out of the office on leave and will be returning to the office on February 20th"
link

Sounds like there is a plant in the group. James probably knows who it is, good luck to him fixing this problem.

-c1steve