SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Veritas Issues Statement Amid Reports of James O'Keefe Being Ousted // O'Keefe resigns. Powerful resignation video p4 Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
He is implying the trigger was the recent Pfizer videos
I wouldn't doubt it for a single second. We all know what happens in this world when a man gets too close to the truth.

Where O'Keefe takes his efforts, we shall follow, and Project Veritas is dead to us now.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11050 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

A bump for this video, it needs to be viewed if you have an interest in the PV saga.

The board members are either woke fuckers, or cowards, or both. No doubt "outside" pressure was put onto PV to get rid of O'Keefe, by any means necessary. Like I said before, they are finished, the board killed PV. But maybe that was the plan.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wherever James O'keefe goes, we will follow. If it's Project Veritas, that's great because it's as it should be. If he goes elswhere, we will support him in his new company.

And I will do what I can to help Mr. O’Keefe in his new adventures, whatever they may be.

As for Project Veritas, fuck’em. I believe the board was compromised in response to the Pfizer story.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31373 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one should be surprised by this. Google Project Veritas. The descriptions vary from far right deceptive lunatic to the devil itself.

Another hit on those who shine light on the commie pricks

Posts: 765 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be awesome if the first “project” in whatever his new endeavor is ends up being exposing the treachery at PV resulting in his leaving and totally burning down all involved as well as his prior organization?

Shock and awe…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10912 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
How in the world does the board think they're going to raise money to keep going after this? Did they intend to commit suicide or not realize they were doing it?

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
How in the world does the board think they're going to raise money to keep going after this? Did they intend to commit suicide or not realize they were doing it?

From Pfizer? Smile

Posts: 6351 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

I don't think there was ever a plan on how to keep Project Veritas going after O'Keefe left. The end goal was to kick off O'Keefe and kill off Project Veritas.

This sucks on a personal level for O'Keefe - to be kicked off the child he fathered. I am glad he has plans to continue the mission even if under another name. I do hope he sues the fuck out of the board of directors.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19577 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Start a new company, and this time around, no goddamned board of directors. Lesson learned, own it and answer to no one but yourself.

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think there was ever a plan on how to keep Project Veritas going after O'Keefe left. The end goal was to kick off O'Keefe and kill off Project Veritas.

This. See also, The Drudge Report.

Money doesn't matter. Boards don't matter. Investors don't matter. De-platforming people who speak the truth is what matters.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That video was eye-popping. Severe board-level dysfunction. Eek

I completely sympathize with JOK. He will land on his feet, though - and it is doubtful that the organization controlled by that board has any future.

Posts: 15000 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

This sucks on a personal level for O'Keefe - to be kicked off the child he fathered. I am glad he has plans to continue the mission even if under another name. I do hope he sues the fuck out of the board of directors.

Interesting analogy.
How many men have been "kicked off the child they fathered" by women who were vindictive and spiteful, not caring about what is best for the child?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23935 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Now that we've heard from both Project Veritas' board and from James O'Keefe, it's time to talk about the whole mess.
by Jeff Childers

Today, we have a special C&C edition: We need to talk about Project Veritas. We were promised answers by Monday, and boy, did we get them. James O’Keefe made an internal resignation video that leaked in about three seconds, and the Board published a wild, literally unbelievable response. Although there is a TON of other breaking news, we need to give this story our full attention for today.

I rounded up lots of thoughts plus some suggestions for current PV employees who must surely be wondering what to do next. Here’s a hint: do what you do best.

I was originally going to write this post in the form of a letter to James O’Keefe, part legal advice, part sympathy, part life wisdom. But as I re-watched his video and kept turning the whole thing around in my head, I realized James doesn’t need any advice from me.

What I saw in the video is a positive, confident, happy warrior who is executing a plan and running rings around his enemies.

James, who’s spent years wrangling with Deep State persecution, and who understands better than anyone how those toadstool-gobbling reptiles operate, realized that: Project Veritas has been compromised. /The calls are coming from inside the house./ So he planted charges, leapt aboard the Millennium Falcon, and is racing toward outer space at warp speed. Figuratively, of course.

From what I can tell, James is NOT just operating on instinct. I think he deliberately tested the theory of whether Project Veritas has been infiltrated, by asking the Project Veritas Board to resign. When every single traitorous one of them refused, James had his answer. It doesn’t MATTER whether it was Pfizer, the CIA, the FBI, Russia, Fauci, or even Putin himself. The company has been compromised.

And so James began carefully executing his plan.

(As an aside, the deep-state’s fingerprints are all over Project Veritas’ miniature color revolution. It’s their specialty! They can depose a Shah, an Ayatollah, a Prime Minister, or even a President. Deposing a non-profit CEO is child’s play, a mere trifle.)

Still, James O’Keefe is running rings around them. I suspect that, because of the explosive nature of the Pfizer video, the Deep State had to move a lot faster than it likes, and got a little sloppy.

I’ll explain the whole thing. But first., let’s agree we’ve now heard from both sides, and there’s enough evidence to start forming opinions.

Remember that I patiently gave the PV Board the benefit of the doubt, even back when things looked really bad? I did not leap to conclusions, or onto the hot-take bandwagon, or join team hyperbole. I waited for evidence. And now we have a lot of evidence.

To my mind, the most meaningful evidence is that the Board has been lying.

That’s right, I’m calling the Board a collective liar. I won’t name the person I spoke with at Project Veritas, because as far as I know she was just repeating what she was told. But I asked her directly and repeatedly: has there been ANY change to O’Keefe’s title, compensation, or employment status? She directly and repeatedly insisted: NO. No change of any kind, just a couple weeks of PTO.

The Board later said the same thing in a public statement: There were no employment status changes.

But they lied. James’ heartfelt resignation video, intended only for internal use, was leaked by whistleblowers and gives us a glimpse into the process’ details. James showed board minutes in the video that clearly reflect that his employment status either DID change (for the worse), or at minimum, the situation was much more nuanced and ambiguous than they were telling us.

So the board lied to me and to the public, violating the company’s core value of Truth — “Veritas” — and becoming what it claims to oppose. Project Veritas’ board failed the challenge when the rubber met the road.

James also described how the Board ambushed him with short notice of the meeting, and how it turned an “emergency meeting” into a seven-hour struggle session bringing in a raft of employees to criticize him.

If true, and I have no reason to think it wasn’t, it was bush league. Amateur hour.

Here’s James’ video. It’s 45 minutes long, and well worth the watch, but you don’t need to watch it now to keep up with the post.
Twitter avatar for @JamesOKeefeIII
James O'Keefe @JamesOKeefeIII
Since it’s already out there, here are my heartfelt remarks to my staff this morning.

I need to make clear I have not resigned from the company, Project Veritas, I founded 13 years ago. I was stripped of my position as CEO and Chairman.

I came to the PV … https://t.co/X1lKCnwuif
1:27 AM ∙ Feb 21, 2023
98,211Likes27,567Retweets

Next, let’s learn some legal issues everyone’s been dancing around, which will help you understand how it played out this way.

Over the past couple weeks, James and the PV Board have been engaged in an intricate legal dance that was immediately obvious to corporate lawyers like me. James, the CEO, and the Board members are all “officers” of the company. Officers owe significant duties to the company, duties of loyalty and honest dealing, called “fiduciary” duties.

The most common lawsuit against a corporate officer is for breach of their fiduciary duties. But the first thing they teach lawyers about this area of practice is a gigantic exception: you can’t sue corporate officers for making BAD decisions, no matter how moronic or self-destructive. There’s only a valid claim if the act was intentionally harmful or disloyal.

As an example of a clear breach of fiduciary duty, imagine a board member being bribed by a competitor to vote the company out of a lucrative market, or to dump a profitable product line.

Over the last couple weeks, both James and the Board have each been carefully calculating how they could do various things without getting sued for breaching their respective fiduciary duties. That’s the reason why we haven’t heard much from either side: the less talking there is, the less chance to say something that could be used by the other party in a lawsuit.

I believe the PV Board members know all this will destroy the company. I think they are PRETENDING like they are just making horrible decisions, so that they can defend a future lawsuit for breaching their fiduciary duties. For example, they’ll defend lying about James’ employment status by saying, maybe in hindsight it was a bad decision to lie, but at the time it seemed telling the truth would have hurt the company.

This next email to PV employees from a Board member, leaked last night, is a perfect example. This is supposed to look like damage control — but it’s not. This is a pathetic, barely-trying effort to SIMULATE damage control. If PV were REALLY trying to survive this disaster, the Board would be holding nonstop, in-person, all-hands town hall meetings right now.

If anything, this email will only make PV employees MORE anxious.

Read the email, and ask yourself if it looks like it was written by a board member of a $60M media company:

If this was legit, the board would NOT be sending one-sentence emails without any details or plans about how they’re going to handle the massive tsunami of bad PR racing toward the company RIGHT NOW. How about telling staff how much money is in the war chest to see this thing through? How about explaining what the public relations team is up to, or the social media group? How about reporting on how donors are responding to the breaking news and what’s being said to them?

How about reassuring employees that their jobs are safe?

That email is a fraud. It says nothing. It is an exhibit, the feverish work of a corrupted, dishonest, and lazy board member fraudulently pretending he is “doing something,” only for the purpose of manufacturing some evidence he can use later to defend himself in a future lawsuit. /Look, I tried to save the company, I sent an encouraging email!/

Dude, you did NOT try to save the company. You literally texted it in, and watched the company implode. Plus you are a horrible writer. Try using a period sometime. It’s a very useful punctuation, and it’s conveniently located on the keyboard, requiring only a trivial effort to stick them between your sentences.

Or maybe you were drunk, who knows.

Late yesterday, the Board escalating the conflict with another public statement, now adding to their previous complaints about James’ management style by tacking on brand-new financial mismanagement allegations. Their claims are ridiculous, but never EVER should have been put up on the firm’s website:

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23935 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can you give us the condensed version?

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It appears the staff at PV will quit unless the board resigns Smile

quote:
According to one PV insider about the current Project Veritas board member Matt Tyrmand: “Tyrmand is in full panic mode. We’re all about to walk out after an emergency board meeting tomorrow unless they all resign. All the real journalists here are out and they won’t have anyone left to do the real work that made this place great.”

link

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you give us the condensed version?

The condensed version is that there is plenty of evidence to take James' side in his dispute with the Board. But the condensed version lacks the author's flare.

-rduckwor

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

quote:
According to one PV insider about the current Project Veritas board member Matt Tyrmand: “Tyrmand is in full panic mode. We’re all about to walk out after an emergency board meeting tomorrow unless they all resign. All the real journalists here are out and they won’t have anyone left to do the real work that made this place great.”

link

Would not surprise me if this was the ultimate goal of whomever is really running the board to close it down.

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
These loyal people will likely have jobs in O'Keefe's new organization. They see the handwriting on the wall.

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where O'Keefe takes his efforts, we shall follow, and Project Veritas is dead to us now.

Don't forget to unfriend them everywhere you may be subscribed. Nothing says failure to a woke dickhead like losing followers.

Posts: 7229 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is reported that PV lost 100,000 followers on Twitter alone, just in one day.