SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12*** Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...550016884#9550016884

I keep telling you guys. How many times have I said it? You're going to get ripped off.

If you have an ad in Classifieds, do what you need to do with it. Classifieds is going to bed. I am fucking sick of this shit. I am sick of members just walking right into this shit. ENOUGH

I have had it with enabling theft. I told you guys. You have to be extremely careful. How many times have I said it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Wow. Sorry that happened. Para, makes sense.

What a world. I love those videos of people catching scammers and f'ing with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Crap. I hate it's shutting down, been a great option when looking to buy/sell over the years. However, I do understand the extreme hassle factor. Sorry for the aggravation, boss.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
That was 100% preventable and amateurish at best. Hate to see the classifieds go on account of one person not doing two minutes worth of due diligence before hitting send.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You cannot protect people from themselves.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've talked myself blue in the face about this shit, to the point of becoming self-conscious about lecturing grown men.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Jefe, I am saddened it came to this, but better we not have the classified than have you waste another second of your valuable time rooting these miserable scamming fucks out.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31373 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Very unfortunate, I can understand though.

Part of me says "buyer beware" and while I commend your attempts, I am not sure I would have made them. What with it being grown men and all.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let me state this as plainly as I can, and I don't give a shit who it offends:

Your GREED is going to get you ripped off. That's what it comes down to: GREED. Does anyone need any clarification?

greed - grēd

noun

An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
You cannot protect people from themselves.

If it were me, I'd feel like I had to, and since that's not possible, I understand if it goes away.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20755 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about just banning WTB threads? I’ve never been ripped off here.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
As they say…

“This is why we can’t have nice things”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not happy to hear this... Frown

Or that a member got ripped off... but when you don't follow common sense rules (putting e-mail in post), it's gonna happen!

Para, I understand your flustration, as you have always protected the classifieds as best you can. One reason it's been a great success for many years. Just sad that it has to come to this...

I'm with JG, its always seems to be the WTB ads...

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These incidents of scams are getting out of hand. It is not just the very few incidents here.

these fraud scams seem almost cyclical every 10 to 15 years or so. Ebay, guns America, and forums were rife with it in 2000-2006, then again in 2010 to 14.

With the sale of that auction site related to firearms to ammo.com, they have become rife with scam artists.

I don't know what to say. I check the classifieds every time I come on, but I don't participate much in that forum anymore.

Not because of any lack of interest, it is because my focus for guns, and gun-related gear is much more narrow than it has been in the past.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well IF I were brand new to this whole internet thing and buying sight unseen from an unknown, and untrackable, entity...

Oh never mind. Sometimes change (closing of the Classifieds) is a good thing.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Confused

That's too bad. I've never had a bad deal here. The folks on the sigforum are great to deal with.

Hope you reconsider. You do a great job of helping people watch out for being ripped off but at the end of the day, that's on them to do their due diligence. There are scammers everywhere. Hope they all burn in Hell.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear but probably inevitable.
I had some great interactions with a few members including one FTF transaction with someone near me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sold several items her, not one bad apple, not one fraud.

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
That’s too bad, but I get it.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post