SIGforum
Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1260016884

January 18, 2022, 02:36 PM
parabellum
Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...550016884#9550016884

I keep telling you guys. How many times have I said it? You're going to get ripped off.

If you have an ad in Classifieds, do what you need to do with it. Classifieds is going to bed. I am fucking sick of this shit. I am sick of members just walking right into this shit. ENOUGH

I have had it with enabling theft. I told you guys. You have to be extremely careful. How many times have I said it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,
January 18, 2022, 02:44 PM
AKSuperDually
Wow. Sorry that happened. Para, makes sense.

What a world. I love those videos of people catching scammers and f'ing with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com
January 18, 2022, 02:47 PM
slabsides45
Crap. I hate it's shutting down, been a great option when looking to buy/sell over the years. However, I do understand the extreme hassle factor. Sorry for the aggravation, boss.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
January 18, 2022, 02:51 PM
SIG228
That was 100% preventable and amateurish at best. Hate to see the classifieds go on account of one person not doing two minutes worth of due diligence before hitting send.
January 18, 2022, 02:52 PM
ulsterman
You cannot protect people from themselves.
January 18, 2022, 02:52 PM
parabellum
I've talked myself blue in the face about this shit, to the point of becoming self-conscious about lecturing grown men.
January 18, 2022, 02:54 PM
Sig2340
Jefe, I am saddened it came to this, but better we not have the classified than have you waste another second of your valuable time rooting these miserable scamming fucks out.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
January 18, 2022, 02:55 PM
911Boss
Very unfortunate, I can understand though.

Part of me says "buyer beware" and while I commend your attempts, I am not sure I would have made them. What with it being grown men and all.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

January 18, 2022, 02:57 PM
parabellum
Let me state this as plainly as I can, and I don't give a shit who it offends:

Your GREED is going to get you ripped off. That's what it comes down to: GREED. Does anyone need any clarification?

greed - grēd

noun

An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

January 18, 2022, 02:59 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
You cannot protect people from themselves.

If it were me, I'd feel like I had to, and since that's not possible, I understand if it goes away.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 18, 2022, 03:01 PM
RogueJSK

January 18, 2022, 03:02 PM
JG
How about just banning WTB threads? I’ve never been ripped off here.
January 18, 2022, 03:05 PM
Ronin1069
As they say…

“This is why we can’t have nice things”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
January 18, 2022, 03:07 PM
Excam_Man
Not happy to hear this... Frown

Or that a member got ripped off... but when you don't follow common sense rules (putting e-mail in post), it's gonna happen!

Para, I understand your flustration, as you have always protected the classifieds as best you can. One reason it's been a great success for many years. Just sad that it has to come to this...

I'm with JG, its always seems to be the WTB ads...

January 18, 2022, 03:33 PM
DSgrouse
These incidents of scams are getting out of hand. It is not just the very few incidents here.

these fraud scams seem almost cyclical every 10 to 15 years or so. Ebay, guns America, and forums were rife with it in 2000-2006, then again in 2010 to 14.

With the sale of that auction site related to firearms to ammo.com, they have become rife with scam artists.

I don't know what to say. I check the classifieds every time I come on, but I don't participate much in that forum anymore.

Not because of any lack of interest, it is because my focus for guns, and gun-related gear is much more narrow than it has been in the past.
January 18, 2022, 03:34 PM
LS1 GTO
Well IF I were brand new to this whole internet thing and buying sight unseen from an unknown, and untrackable, entity...

Oh never mind. Sometimes change (closing of the Classifieds) is a good thing.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Wasabi
Confused

That's too bad. I've never had a bad deal here. The folks on the sigforum are great to deal with.

Hope you reconsider. You do a great job of helping people watch out for being ripped off but at the end of the day, that's on them to do their due diligence. There are scammers everywhere. Hope they all burn in Hell.

joatmonv
Sad to hear but probably inevitable.
I had some great interactions with a few members including one FTF transaction with someone near me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
January 18, 2022, 03:50 PM
HRK
Sold several items her, not one bad apple, not one fraud.

January 18, 2022, 03:52 PM
Sigfest
That’s too bad, but I get it.