SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You've heard about the 12 year old boy booted from school for having a Gadsden Flag patch on his backpack...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You've heard about the 12 year old boy booted from school for having a Gadsden Flag patch on his backpack... Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Always hanging in my office.

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

"Widely displayed during the Revolutionary War, the Gadsden flag rose to prominence once again in 2009 with the Tea Party movement, quickly becoming the target of rival activists – and even government entities.

The most recent attempt was revealed in August 2022, when an apparently leaked internal FBI document showed that the agency listed the Gadsden flag, the American flag, the Betsy Ross flag, symbols of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, and other imagery as symbols of “Militia Violent Extremists” or MVEs.

Developing from the initial complaint, Shelton D. v Brennan concluded that the “Gadsden Flag originated in the Revolutionary War in a non-racial context. Moreover, it was clear that the flag and its slogan have been used to express various non-racial sentiments, such as when it is used in the modern Tea Party political movement, gun rights activism, patriotic displays and by the military.”

This is the full on reason for the attack, it became a symbol of the Tea Party which is the anti establishment movement of the day, now MAGA, and as such it should be destroyed, anything used by the non establishment right is hereby deemed to be a target of the left and racism, bigotry, hatred anything they can tie to it in order to bring down a symbol of the movement.. It's true meaning is irrelevant to the cause.

People like this teacher read nothing but that type of attacks, designed to indoctrinate them, and by and large many people don't think, "is that really true", "should I investigate what I'm being told", and accept what's printed and placed in front of them... It's how powerful the media both tv and social are in shaping thoughts.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Gadsden flag is representative of resistance to intrusive government; originally, the British Empire, and in the modern day, the monstrous U.S. Government. The flag has nothing to do with racial strife.

Exactly why my car wears the TN version of the flag license plate. Representing the Overmountain Men’s 1780 victory at The Battle of King Mountain over British Loyalists.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
the complainant argued, noting that the Vice President of the International Association of BLACK Professional Firefighters deemed the Gadsden flag as equal to the Confederate Battle Flag.

Says the man who is part of a racist organization.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107724 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Oh man!!! LMFAO!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Dude was on FIRE today!!!! Friggin' HILARIOUS!!! And as is most times the case...SPOT. ON!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Let us know. I’m interested.
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I need to find out if this [Gadsden License Plate] is available with the wheelchair symbol, for disabled parking, etc.
I called the state, got the "All of our agents are busy serving other customers, please call some other time when we're not on coffee break" recording.

Called Seminole County (they have their act together, way better than the state), asked if available with wheelchair symbol. Nope. Frown

By the way, in the picture I posted previously, I just noticed that the slogan is not correct. Florida plate says "DON'T TREAD ON ME" but the real Gadsden flag does not have the apostrophe in "don't"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30729 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
The schools aren't teaching American history anymore.

My #3 grandson needs a history credit for college, but American history is paused.
This is at the University of New Mexico. The only history courses are all woke bs.
The school has feminist history, chicano history, and other crt studies.

Grandson #4 was in 8th grade last year and no history. Social studies was a joke with a blue haired freak with her rainbow flag and who would not stand for the pledge.

Posts: 1577 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
For the youngsters...

For the painfully literal...

For the parent...

For Disney fans...

For the polite...

For the impatient...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

When I was in school, American History was a requirement in 11th grade. Every Junior had to pass it or they didn't become Seniors. Civics was a similar requirement for Seniors. Don't pass, don't graduate.

I don't know if that's still the case.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Side note. My wife’s family settled in TN and her ~5th great grandfather was a militiaman captain and was shot and killed at Kings Mountain and his 2 sons fought along with him. Including a teen who was kicked in the head by a horse at the battle. He was born in Ireland in ~1740 and came to Virginia, then Carolina’s then ended up in TN.

quote:

Exactly why my car wears the TN version of the flag license plate. Representing the Overmountain Men’s 1780 victory at The Battle of Kings Mountain over British Loyalists.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
This seemed like a good place to put this … FWIW, If you would like to wear or display your favorite banner, Gadsden and Culpeper have a sale going on now for those of you interested.

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com...u1xlqa227o%3D.JRT5eE

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Years ago I went to an MAC championship game, Northern Illinois Huskies vs the Toledo Rockets. Young man was with us, nearly graduated from Bowling Green, and we were discussing team mascots, which I always find amusing.

Anyway we were discussing them from around the conference, and I mentioned the Minutemen (UMass). He didn't know the meaning of the that one. Frown

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

When I was in school, American History was a requirement in 11th grade. Every Junior had to pass it or they didn't become Seniors. Civics was a similar requirement for Seniors. Don't pass, don't graduate.

The material has probably been revised ..

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, they're known as the Missusmen now! (No disrespect to our brave forefathers, but to those who want to corrupt their honor).

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, they're known as the Missusmen now! (No disrespect to our brave forefathers, but to those who want to corrupt their honor).

And I’m sure they are now black as well.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 338 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Anyway we were discussing them from around the conference, and I mentioned the Minutemen (UMass). He didn't know the meaning of the that one. Frown

I'm going to say it was likely covered...back in high school junior year, in a single-sentence, in one paragraph that summarized, the battles at Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill. I would wager, if that kid's history teacher spent any time discussing the American Revolution from the New England theater, there was inordinate amount of time discussing the Boston Massacre with a particular focus on Crispus Attucks role.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Years ago I went to an MAC championship game, Northern Illinois Huskies vs the Toledo Rockets. Young man was with us, nearly graduated from Bowling Green, and we were discussing team mascots, which I always find amusing.

Probably thought it had something to do with sexual prowess.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Nobody mentioned it, this is COLORADO SPRINGS.

Colorado Springs is home to five military installations, including Fort Carson, the US Air Force Academy, Fort Peterson Air Force Base, and the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD). The military employs 20% of the city's workforce.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post