SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Utah man killed by FBI agents after allegedly making threats against Biden
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah man killed by FBI agents after allegedly making threats against Biden Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just for informational purposes, here is how I used to serve a lot of warrants:
I would arrest someone and jail him. He went before the Judge and got kicked loose. Then failed to appear on the charges. When I arrived for work, the warrant for failing to appear was in my mailbox. I was to attempt service and if I couldn't, it would be entered into the computer. I usually knew where the offender lived and his phone numbers. I would then park near the house and have backup officers would be positioned on adjoining streets. Then, I would have one of my female dispatchers call our mans phone and whisper "better get out of there, the cops are coming"! About 8 out of 10 times, out of the house the guy would come. And right into me. Sometimes, multiple people would flee the house and we got to serve warrants on them, too.
No SWAT. No gunfire. No Bearcat. Just a phone call.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16101 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If I provoke someone to pull a gun on me, and then I shoot and kill them, that is not considered self-defense and I get charged and convicted.

The government does it and they walk free.

There is no reason they couldn't have approached this guy on his way into church yesterday and quietly cuffed him and walked him away. Instead, they provoked him and killed him. If that doesn't scare the living shit out of everyone here, it should.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Yes, except it isn't a surprise that these scumbag feds are pulling executions like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
If I provoke someone to pull a gun on me, and then I shoot and kill them, that is not considered self-defense and I get charged and convicted.

The government does it and they walk free.

There is no reason they couldn't have approached this guy on his way into church yesterday and quietly cuffed him and walked him away. Instead, they provoked him and killed him. If that doesn't scare the living shit out of everyone here, it should.

You're damn right about that.

The feds got precisely the result they were looking for here.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30411 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, why did they not take him into custody the first time the met him? If they needed a warrant to arrest him, why did they not have one at that point?

Posts: 10971 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course this was excessive use of force, which reinforces my point that this guy was asking for such a response. His opinion of the FBI was- apparently- the same as most of the members in this forum. And yet, for months he posted explicit threats accompanied by photos of firearms, with some of the pics showing him wielding these guns. He threatened the lives of prominent public officials and more to the point, USSS protectees.

I imagine there are few members of this forum who endorse the FBI sending a team to assault this old guy at 6:15 AM. They knew the reaction they would get. This man was on this rock 75 years, and he should have known better. You can't put his death on the FBI alone, fascist embarrassments though they may be.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Both parties are to blame. They played a game of chicken and nobody blinked.

On the one hand, the guy committed thought crimes. He told people what he was thinking and posted it all over the internet. As the kindergarten teachers say, he didn’t make wise choices. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has noticed that as some people age, they lose the filters on what they say. I see him as a guy who had reached an age and point where he didn’t really care anymore. He poked the bear on purpose.

On the other hand, we have the FBI. A supposedly preeminent law enforcement branch of the federal government. With the president coming to town, they have to and should keep tabs on the wackos. They go talk to the guy, he tells them to pound sand, and they weren’t prepared to arrest him then and there? Your name doesn’t have to be Clare Voyant to see this as a possible outcome of the initial contact. If they really believed the guy was going to act on the things he said, they should have been prepared to take him into custody from the get go. No, instead they give him time to hole up in his bunker. But yeah! They get to play with the big guns now and send a message. The only thing they forgot to do was put his head on a pike.

Posts: 10971 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the LEO's here will explain it but what I've noticed is all these 'raids' attempts to arrest are done in the early morning hours.... I presume it is to catch the person still asleep and not really fully cognizant.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I'm sure the LEO's here will explain it but what I've noticed is all these 'raids' attempts to arrest are done in the early morning hours.... I presume it is to catch the person still asleep and not really fully cognizant.

Yes, that’s why-but it’s a double edged sword.
Someone smashes your door-you’re dead asleep and then a dump of adrenaline, can’t hear because everyone is screaming. What do you do? I know my default is begin killing everyone in my home

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
He made a very specific threat (or made numerous threats) to the POTUS, VP, and several others. This individual got EXACTLY what he asked for and most likely wanted. The end.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2271 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yeah, but were they credible threats? It would seem not! These were mostly 'keyboard commando' political internet rants/comments, and apparently they guy had NO filter! He played a game of 'fuck around & find out'...Apparently he lost! He was killed by the FBI for being stupid, NOT because he was a threat to anyone...And that didn't have to happen!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, Don, just because he asked them to kill him, it didn’t require them to oblige him. I think it’s reasonable to expect a little more restraint from an agency with nearly unlimited budget, manpower, technology, and leave to use it however they want, but if you’re good with government hit squads, I guess we’re probably too far apart on this for me to bother.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Robertson was either unhinged or stupid to post those threats publicly. That said, the feds were more than happy to make an example out of him and to leave his corpse outside for a bit as a warning to any that may harbor less than cordial feelings towards the current administration.

Posts: 3154 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Yeah, but were they credible threats? It would seem not! These were mostly 'keyboard commando' political internet rants/comments, and apparently they guy had NO filter! He played a game of 'fuck around & find out'...Apparently he lost! He was killed by the FBI for being stupid, NOT because he was a threat to anyone...And that didn't have to happen!

Just curious but which one of the following threats do you consider not to be "credible"? These are some of social media posts the suspect made:

*EDIT*
(quotes removed as I just noticed the directive not to quote the idiot. If you want to see the quotes and why this moron is dead just let me know)

--------------------

Posts: 2271 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^All of them. He was a frail, obese, 75 YO man and could only walk with the use of a cane. Though some of his 'threats' sounded serious, they were all bluster and the FBI should've been able to figure that out when they interviewed him the first time. They guy should've been arrested and could've been. Instead he was killed by the FBI/.gov hit squad for being stupid, NOT because he was an actual threat. They showed up at 6:00 AM for a no-knock raid and breached the front of his house with a Bearcat...NOBODY should be surprised at the outcome!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Why are you defending this mental midget? Seriously wtf does him being fat and using a cane have to do with breaking federal laws? Do you need to review the law against threatening the POTUS? While he is certainly dead due to stupidity, he was killed for refusing to comply while holding a weapon. This is the first thing the FBI had done correctly in a long time. They didn't go after him because he had guns or was a Trump supporter. They went after him for clearly breaking the law.

--------------------

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the first thing the FBI had done correctly in a long time. They didn't go after him because he had guns or was a Trump supporter. They went after him for clearly breaking the law.

You don't think the FBI could have handled this differently? I see a man who's dead because of his own actions, BUT, I also see a man who's dead because the FBI created a situation that was entirely predictable regarding their AND his actions.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another 6:00 am raid by the FBI.

One dead after FBI agent-involved shooting in Henderson, Tennessee

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2023/08...ooting-in-henderson/

One person is dead following an FBI-involved arrest operation.

Wednesday morning, Tipsters alerted us to a heavy law enforcement presence at a residence in Henderson.

Our crews arrived to the scene around 8 a.m., which is near the intersection of Sanford Street, Hearn Street, and Anderson Circle.

We reached out to the FBI for further information, who provided the following statement:

The FBI is reviewing an agent-involved shooting which occurred today at approximately 6:40 a.m. while FBI SWAT was conducting an arrest operation in Henderson, TN. The subject is deceased. The FBI takes all shooting incidents involving our agents or task force members seriously. In accordance with FBI policy, the shooting incident is under review by the FBI’s Inspection Division. As this is an ongoing matter we have no further details to provide.

1 killed in FBI-involved shooting; neighbor shares what he saw

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2023/08...-shares-what-he-saw/

A neighbor provided some details about what they heard in the early hours of the morning.

“I was woken up at about six o’clock this morning. I heard a loud bang. Then I heard a couple more. I heard the loudspeakers, ‘Come out with your hands up. We’re the FBI. We’re not going anywhere.’ Before I knew it, I was coming out to see what was going on and watched them bust out their windows. I reckon they got him in there,” said Alex Morris, a neighbor.

Posts: 12699 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
He made a very specific threat (or made numerous threats) to the POTUS, VP, and several others. This individual got EXACTLY what he asked for and most likely wanted. The end.

I believe I read that the President was due in his town that very morning also.
He had already had a recent visit by other LE and posted more inflammatory post so another visit shouldn’t have been unexpected by him.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post