SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 479
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Memorial painting of our late Jesse.

Posts: 4224 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Aston is in the ER tonight. Prayers please from anyone awake. It's been a long, expensive weekend and he seems to have taken negatively to his insulin since being diagnosed diabetic. I'll know more tomorrow but any well wishes would be much appreciated.

Hello Dave. I sent you an email this morning and will continue to prayer-up for Aston. I know that you're probably worrying tons but know that we all feel your pain and anticipation.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aston is in the ER tonight. Prayers please from anyone awake. It's been a long, expensive weekend and he seems to have taken negatively to his insulin since being diagnosed diabetic. I'll know more tomorrow but any well wishes would be much appreciated.

Hoping for good news

Posts: 551 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired Pilot and
Air Traffic Controller
Picture of Right2Carry
posted Hide Post
I have a 17 yr old cat that has been on Insulin for about 5 years. Took a lot of different dosages to get it leveled out. He is on 5 units of Humulin U-100 twice a day. He does not get around as much now but I think that is just age related. I pay $145 a bottle for his meds and am glad to do it for him.

Hope you cat gets better Cmr076.

Better to want what you don't have than to have what you don't want.

Posts: 2460 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18099 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
cmr, hope your little buddy ends up being okay. While not a cat, our lab Sadie is going through a rough patch so I know how you feel.

Posts: 3541 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
cmr, hope your little buddy ends up being okay. While not a cat, our lab Sadie is going through a rough patch so I know how you feel.

Thank you! It really is so nerve wracking, I can't imagine how neurotic I am going to be once we have kids.

I brought aston home tonight, we got home maybe an hour ago. He looks MUCH better, I have to call his vet tomorrow to get a rundown on all the information since it can be overwhelming, but what I understand is that they think he has pancreatitis, which can cause (or be caused) by his diabetes. They are trying to cure the pancreatitis and say that once that is taken care of there is a good chance the Diabetes will go into remission. So fingers crossed, and I'll say a prayer for Sadie. I have a black lab Neph-dog (as heidi calls him [her brothers dog]) and we love him like he was our own dog.

Pets certainly can cause a lot of grief, it's all worth it to me though and I wouldn't do anything differently.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Though the exposure is a little dark it seems that his eyes tell a story of a bit of mischief!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

Though the exposure is a little dark it seems that his eyes tell a story of a bit of mischief!

If that was a dog, it'd be saying "Back off, this owner's protected."

Since it's a cat it's more likely saying "Move along. You didn't see nuthin'!"

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

If that was a dog, it'd be saying "Back off, this owner's protected."

Since it's a cat it's more likely saying "Move along. You didn't see nuthin'!"

Looking more closely at the dude in the bed, just maybe the kitty may have recently snuffed him out!

Regards, Will G.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you! It really is so nerve wracking, I can't imagine how neurotic I am going to be once we have kids.

I brought aston home tonight, we got home maybe an hour ago. He looks MUCH better, I have to call his vet tomorrow to get a rundown on all the information since it can be overwhelming, but what I understand is that they think he has pancreatitis, which can cause (or be caused) by his diabetes. They are trying to cure the pancreatitis and say that once that is taken care of there is a good chance the Diabetes will go into remission. So fingers crossed, and I'll say a prayer for Sadie. I have a black lab Neph-dog (as heidi calls him [her brothers dog]) and we love him like he was our own dog.

Pets certainly can cause a lot of grief, it's all worth it to me though and I wouldn't do anything differently.

I haven't been on much recently, but I'm just finding Aston has had health issues again, so sorry Dave; prayers for you, Heidi, Binx and of course Aston.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
quote:
quote:

I haven't been on much recently, but I'm just finding Aston has had health issues again, so sorry Dave; prayers for you, Heidi, Binx and of course Aston.

Thank you Matthew. I hope Monterrey is on the mend as well?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Aston has a good prognosis for recovery. We had a dog that suffered from pancreatitis and managed it by feeding her a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice but it sounds like your kitty is on the mend.

Thanks for the thoughts for Sadie as well. While they can definitely be a handful, I wouldn't trade my pets for 90+% of the people I've met in this world.

Posts: 3541 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5679 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Link for Iphone folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42pWk2g9KJw

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="315" width="560"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtu.be/42pWk2g9KJw"></param><param value="true"></param><param value="always"></param><embed wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowScriptAccess="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtu.be/42pWk2g9KJw" width="560"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I got nothing??

Regards, Will G.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here it is. Smile

Link for Iphone folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...KJw&feature=youtu.be

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post