SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100 Ways to love a cat!

I don't know how to do the link thing. Confused
Perhaps this will show the You Tube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87p53rAD7Sk

Failing that, Google will get you there.

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Follow the numbers:

1. Click on "Share"
2. Click on "Embed"
3. Select "Use Old Embed Code"
4. Select and Copy all the code in the box.

5. Then paste using the "filmstrip" icon at the top of your post window.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to also include a link separately for those of use who can't see embedded videos on mobile devices!

And wtf is with "Way 2: Declaw Your Cat"?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey,

Thanks for fixing it for me.

Orguss, I'm a dog guy, so I can't talk to #2.

On the other hand, there ARE 99 other (good)reasons to love a cat Smile

Best,

Jake

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I didn't see any declawing there, just snipping the sharp ends off. Declawing is a surgical procedure that removes the entire claw, sometimes even the first toe joint. I wouldn't do that either. I do think the claw trimming is more for the owner's benefit than the cat's. Wink

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I do think the claw trimming is more for the owner's benefit than the cat's. Wink

Ever seen a cat get stuck in the carpeting or a window screen? Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Don't forget to also include a link separately for those of use who can't see embedded videos on mobile devices!

Pretty sure they are just referring to trimming their claws. A lot of people have them completely declawed as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do think the claw trimming is more for the owner's benefit than the cat's.

False.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yep.

Cat's claws grow and they need to "scratch" (actually dig the claws in and pull) to help remove the outer sheath layer and to keep them sharp and shorter.

I have seen cats with "ingrown" claws, that have curled back into the pads and get badly infected.

Trimming them properly, helps keep them shorter and they need less "scratching/clawing".

Most cats can be trained with treats to use posts, and we found the best were natural oak cut in half about 3 feet long and part covered in commercial grade carpet (like used in an office).

Have a whole pack of dogs, so we are catless except for the SFLOL kitties.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
How to tell when your cat is fully charged...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Dave's not here man.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"Boop!"

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post