SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
OK, here she is:

Added: I don't know why her eyes look green in this photo. They are really much more like yellow, than green.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin Cool

That's awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I did not get the User Guide with her.
My Splash was shy when I brought her home 16 years ago. Plunking down on the floor and being at her level was key as well as playing into natural instincts of curiosity and playfulness. Here are two floor-level strategies:
  • cat toys that you can control (after playing a while give her a few quick pets while playing). Shoelace/string/etc tossed towards shadow and pulled back toward you or toys hung from a stick. Good chance shadow will play and associate you with fun so Shadow will later seek you out for more fun.
  • completely ignore Shadow while quietly sitting still (watching TV, reading, browsing Sigforum, listening to music on headphones, etc). You'll become the most interesting thing in the room and she'll likely come to you.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I did not get the User Guide with her.

Many cats don't like being thrust into new digs for a while even with their humans, let alone with new humans. She'll come around.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
    Picture of Paragon
    posted Hide Post
    I bust out laughing at that!

I did text a photo of her to V-Tail last night, if he wants to post that.

Yeah, she likes attention and loves to play.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of just1tym
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    OK, here she is:

Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    34" Scale 5-String
    Picture of bronicabill
    posted Hide Post
    Sorry, I got sick after church yesterday and went straight to bed when I got home, so didn't get those Ella picks posted. Thanks for the help on substitutes as they sure look like her! LOL

Here are some actual Ella pics as originally promised... one of her in my lap, and the other of her lounging in her "Bean Bed". The "Bean Bed" is her happy place, especially when the sun is coming in the window during the day. She rolls, flips and flops, and makes all kinds of joyous gyrations while sleeping there!

Posts: 4586 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Paragon
    posted Hide Post
    No word on how the siege is going today....Wink

NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Paragon:
    No word on how the siege is going today....Wink
    She came out, saw her own shadow, and went back in for six ... no, that's not right.

She has ventured out of hiding. Still mostly staying in the large walk-in closet, but now sometimes lies in the middle of the floor instead of hiding behind things.

She finally decided to eat a few bites today, first time in two days.

Publix has Meow Mix, buy one-get one this week, good through Wednesday (day after tomorrow). Also bogo litter stuff.

Cat is starting to acknowledge us. She will come over to be petted, but has a very short attention span for that. She jumped up on the bed, rolled around, trying to convince us that she's cute.

She also jumped up on the vanity, did a double-take. Has she ever seen a mirror before?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    This Space for Rent
    Picture of ugeesta
    posted Hide Post
    And now something completely different;

Yoga with Cats

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Paragon
    posted Hide Post
    Yes she has seen a mirror! But none that are actually attached to a dresser or a vanity.

The short attention span for affection won't last. She's probably still learning to trust your touch.

I'm glad she finally came out a little bit. I say give her two weeks and she will be running the whole house.

NRA Range Safety Officer

34" Scale 5-String
    Picture of bronicabill
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    <<snip>>
    Cat is starting to acknowledge us. She will come over to be petted, but has a very short attention span for that. <<snip>>

That is pretty normal when a cat is in new surroundings and getting acclimated to things. Once she gets settled in and everything becomes "normal" to her, she will like being petted again for extended periods.... most likely.

Edit: Should have read further before responding... already answered by Paragon. Big Grin

Posts: 4586 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    stupid beyond
    all belief
    Picture of Deqlyn
    posted Hide Post
    hey skins nice video, every cat should come with a beer box to puke in Wink

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Sigmonkey sent me a video update of his new kittens and them playing with the family.

Apparently everything is going swell.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Diogenes' Quarry
    Picture of at-home-daddy
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    Sigmonkey sent me a video update of his new kittens and them playing with the family.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FBDB32Oc_s0" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow, there are some very tolerant kittehs in that video.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    34" Scale 5-String
    Picture of bronicabill
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FBDB32Oc_s0" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Should not have watched while drinking coffee. ALMOST sprayed my laptop a few times!!! Big Grin

And yes, some VERY tolerant kittehs in that video for sure!

posted Hide Post
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/642888915526680269/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post

Blinded by
    the Sun
    Picture of GA Gator
    posted Hide Post
    Shiloh says Merry Christmas.

------------------------------
    Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post