Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It's simple. You're happy with the service you're paying for - good on you. If you're not, they'll give you a credit. Don't let your halos get too tight though.

No one's twisting your arm.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Not had any issues yet. Knock on wood... I just ordered some iron pipe flanges and they came in 2 days, and ordered a box of herbal tea bags and they came a day early, two days vs the quoted three.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
I was not getting the 2 day shipping that I signed up and paid for, and they issued me a $50 promotional credit. (They tried a $25 one first, but I haggled until they gave me $50). Might be worth your time to do the same.

IMHO trying to get a half-year credit for a few weeks problem not of a retailer's making while they are still serving their customers as best they can is pretty petty.

I’m not going to argue how much is fair, though saying this is only “a few weeks” is seriously underselling the length of service interruption. More like a few months.

And what’s wrong with expecting to only pay for services received? As it happens Amazon is a customer of the company I work for. We provide production services for several shows a year for them. This year, if they even have a show, the size will be massively reduced.

By your logic they should continue to pay us full price even though we aren’t providing the same service. Coronavirus wasn’t our fault either.

I don’t have an issue with any action they have taken. But I’m still waiting for a Prime order that I placed 13 days ago that was suppose to arrive last week. I’ve had to contact CS multiple times, but they’ve closed call centers so I’m not able to get much help. I was told they would refund my money, I told them I didn’t want that but they insisted they would as an apology. They did refund my money, but then recharged me the full price a few days later.

I’ll be fine paying Amazon full price for services I’m not receiving just as soon as they start paying me for the same.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Gonna be slower today - their site seems to be down. When does that happen? Apparently only for C-spire users. Someone jacked up some routing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered from them a belt, it was to be delivered today, two days as specified, they brought it last night...

Since they got it here early do I need to send them extra fees for surpassing the agreed time frame?

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Gonna be slower today - their site seems to be down. When does that happen?

Seems to be fine here.

I'm not ordering anything from Amazon, right now, because, after the fourth or so time Amazon Logistics screwed-up delivery to me, Amazon switched my delivery prioritization from Amazon Logistics to USPS and UPS. Well, USPS is screwed-up seven ways from Sunday, right now. (As of yesterday, they're not even updating the dates on my package in limbo, much less where it is.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
(As of yesterday, they're not even updating the dates on my package in limbo, much less where it is.)

I've come to the conclusion that USPS tracking exists in another dimension, sort of like the Twilight Zone.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
How does Amazon know if you are "elderly"?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They probably look at your buying habits. Do you buy electronics, or Metamucil?

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
How does Amazon know if you are "elderly"?

AI and machine learning. Look under your orders you can see what you've ordered over the last 20 years, they know what you buy, they also know what your just look at with out buying. They know the links that lead you to their site, so they know you are a gun owner if you clicked on any link a member has posted here. They likely know more about you than your mom knows.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Amzn has been good to me as well. I order my items with the expectation that it will be delayed. They have the banner informing everyone. So far, my items were delivered FAR earlier than expected. Weeks ahead even. Hopefully, I don't jinx myself.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m noticing that Amazon now takes a long time to get you something, even being a Prime member you’re now waiting weeks sometimes it seems. All due to everyone and their brother on lockdown ordering from them now I’m sure.

I’ve turned to eBay again lately for things that Amazon is out of or taking a long time to ship and getting things in a surprisingly short time. Like in 2 days, that’s almost unheard of for eBay. It’s almost like they’ve flipped; Amazon takes 2 weeks to ship and eBay takes 2 days.

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've had to resort to Ebay for some of the stuff that I usually buy off of Amazon.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Friday April 24I ordered a Siemens FS140 Surge Protector from Amazon. It was delivered today, Saturay April 25 Shipped out of Chattanooga Tennessee.

It was "scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, April 26.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
IME, there are some things that are taking longer per their policies. But other things, though they indicate may be delayed, still arrives in 2-3 days, not the week or two they were suggesting.

Still have a HUGE issue with the crap they list as part of search results. Amazon is basically useless to me now unless I know exactly what brand and model I want.

And I have an increasingly growing issue with their Fire TV. For the past half year or so, it's been increasingly eroding responsiveness. Menu's are delayed. Pushing buttons on the remote results in no actions. Starting a show is delayed. All kinds of UI lack of responsiveness. It goes beyond just a little slow - I can push a button to start a show, get up for a drink, walk back from the kitchen and it still is running the three dots in the corner.

I have fast cable internet. I measured it again - it's still north of 50Gbps.

I understand that there is perhaps more usage these days. But this is not just slow to respond - it's basically unresponsive.

Did they hire a bunch of SW developers from MSFT or something?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to buy Chinese, you severely limit your choices anywhere. Manufacturing needs to be relocated. Keep in mind, it's only overseas due to our demand for the lowest cost over decades. It won't change overnight. As far as "buying local" goes, that's kinda hard when dictatorial local governments close everything. Oh yeah, we have 4 large Amazon distribution centers here, and they are one of the large employers.

Posts: 17115 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as "buying local" goes, that's kinda hard when dictatorial local governments close everything. Oh yeah, we have 4 large Amazon distribution centers here, and they are one of the large employers.

No worries. Cities like Nashville are already wanting to increase your property taxes by 30% to offset the shortage. Coming to a town near you soon.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15686 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'd rather deal with Amazon than costco these days.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'd been moderately displeased with Amazon for the last couple years. Their service levels certainly haven't been what they had been when we first signed up with Amazon Prime.

Then they pulled this stunt: Amazon stands with BLM?. With that, atop their performance decline, Amazon slipped from being my on-line vendor of first resort to something much less than that.

But this tore it: Amazon Boots Parler Off Its Web Hosting Service; Site To Go Dark Sunday. I cancelled our Amazon Prime auto-renew.

Our AP membership is due to expire mid-May. They've started hitting me with "Your AP membership is about to expire" notices. I was actually beginning to waver a bit.

Then they pulled this stunt. Wanted a particular espresso machine. Tried to find another place to buy it. Couldn't come up with any viable alternatives. So I bought it from "Amazon." Only, it turned out, it wasn't from Amazon. It was from an Amazon affiliate. Usually they note that on the product page. This time they did not. The affiliate chose to ship my $500 espresso machine via FedEx Ground. One of the two worst shippers in the country.

FedEx Ground bungled the shipment. Surprise!

The expiration of our Amazon Prime account is definitely happening and Amazon is now, more-than-ever, my on-line source of last resort. I called them this morning and told them so. I told them why. And "No," I told the CSR, in response to his question, "there's nothing you can do to fix this."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
And "No," I told the CSR, in response to his question, "there's nothing you can do to fix this."

May have been nice for them to understand that we don't like their supporting terrorist, criminal and traitorous organizations and would like to rather see them support American values and American companies - the foundations upon which they grew.

Probably fall on deaf ears but.....

BTW, I'm basically right behind you. Need to finish a few more things then the close the door.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post