Notify
Tools

Amazon Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
My most recent grumbble is the more and more frequent "order in the next two hours and receive it Oct 22 (tomorrow)" Then you order and it says "arrives on or around Oct 25" Wait wuh? Did something happen in the shipping world in the last 34 seconds?

Amazon has got the strangle hold and they're tightening the grip. Prices go up and up and up. The days of "finding it on Amazon cheaper" are mostly behind us.

They’re doing that to us a lot recently as well. It pisses me off.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Hey Amazon delivery person;
I literally made you a wooden box that is hidden from the street to put my shit in.
Waterproof stain and rubber feet on it.

How hard is it?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Amazon is in the process of building a new distributing center here in Baton Rouge, La. They took a outdated closed mall and demolished it and in the process of putting up a completely new building and supposed to be state of the art technology. Not sure of completion date but probably another 1 1/2 to 2 years. ...................................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How hard is it?

^^^^^^^^^^^
Those Halloween decorations frightened me away.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The days of "finding it on Amazon cheaper" are mostly behind us.

Maybe not. On a current thread, the price of a device to unplug a drain is substantially cheaper on Amazon than Home Depot.

$9.98 vs. $15.27

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2460031684

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon is almost a must here in Puerto Rico. I can't tell you how many times I go into a place to buy something and it's either overpriced or out of stock.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Hey Amazon delivery person;

You're getting off lucky. If it were my house, despite the fact there are large flower pots to hide them behind, the packages would be left here:

About 95% of the time, that's where they are. Only difference is the edge of the step is closer to the door and there's steps to fall down after you trip over them on the way out.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My place has relatively bold street numbers, though granted the driveway looks a little rough. Amazon insists on delivering to an equally boldly number neighbor up the road, even though the address is clearly off. Apparently they use GPS, instead of human vision and common sense, which puts my place near the neighbor's place. Multiple calls to the ESL customer service/complaint line and they still can't get it right. My neighbor is tired of playing deliveryman, and I'm just tired of the bullshit.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put an subtle Amazon sign on the crate you built?

I buy gift cards around the Holidays for my regular Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex and USPS drivers. They seem to remember. Obviously not a good strategy if the routes in your neighborhood have a lot of driver turnover.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The Amazon driver left an empty plastic bag that was supposed to contain water filters yesterday, the bag had another package in perfect condition laying on top of it. Dumkopf

I started by trying to find a "replace item" or "no item delivered" via the actual order page, nothing. I opened a chat and after a couple of clicks I got a person on the chat. I explained my problem a couple of times Mad " your order has been placed for the items missing, no charge"

I thought the chat was going down hill but they came through

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Put an subtle Amazon sign on the crate you built?

Why not just write upon it "Porch pirates: Look here, first!" in big, bold, red letters?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon often leave our packages on the neighbors front porch. When I see the 'delivered' pictures with a red front door, I walk next door.

FedEx left a large box of ammo next door a few weeks ago. I new my ammo was out for delivery and saw the truck stop carry a box to their door and then get in the truck and slowly drive off.

I received the delivery confirmation and walked outside. The driver was slowly backing back down the street and told me sorry, I will get it.

I told her thank you for coming back but I would get it.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post