SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon stands with BLM?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Amazon stands with BLM? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I searched, and didn’t see this anywhere else.
Did this just go up on their homepage? I haven’t looked at Amazon in a while. Just pulled up the app on my phone and there it is.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I pulled Amazon app on my iPad and I’m not seeing what you are referencing

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a screen shot. Trying to get it to post with my phone...

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I see it. It's in one those those, not sure what you call it, windows that scrolls by. Hit one of the arrows and go. You'll see it.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it. Had to switch to my iPad...kept fat fingering the keyboard on the phone.
So, I’ve been debating canceling Prime, I think this cinches it.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Of course those bastards support black lies matter, Amazon wants all the retail stores to be looted and set on fire and hopefully never to reopen again. That's their competition.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Shoes.com does as well. Got the email this morning.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
If you're not virtue signaling, you're not one of the "cool" kids.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Even Fidelity and Ameriprise are woke enough to have sent me e-mails to that effect.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Most of the businesses have done their little virtue signal, it's SOP for them to show everyone how woke they are.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sure they do. Amazon has the best trucks for looters to bust out the windshield and steal all the stuff.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fuck these virtue signalers.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I see it. It's in one those those, not sure what you call it, windows that scrolls by. Hit one of the arrows and go. You'll see it.

If you click on it you go to their blog page specific to this.

Linky

quote:
Amazon donates $10 million to organizations supporting justice and equity
Donations to the NAACP, National Urban League, Thurgood Marshall College Fund, and UNCF, among others, seek to support education and justice for Black communities across the U.S.
By Amazon
on June 03, 2020
Facebook Share
Twitter Share
Linked In Share
Email Share
The inequitable and brutal treatment of Black and African Americans is unacceptable.

We believe Black lives matter. We stand in solidarity with our Black employees, customers, and partners, and are committed to helping build a country and a world where everyone can live with dignity and free from fear.

As part of that effort, Amazon will donate a total of $10 million to organizations that are working to bring about social justice and improve the lives of Black and African Americans. Recipients—selected with the help of Amazon's Black Employee Network (BEN)—include groups focused on combating systemic racism through the legal system as well as those dedicated to expanding educational and economic opportunity for Black communities.

ACLU Foundation
Brennan Center for Justice
Equal Justice Initiative
Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
NAACP
National Bar Association
National Museum of African American History and Culture
National Urban League
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
UNCF (United Negro College Fund)
Year Up
In addition, BEN will receive a grant to fund local organizations that support education and racial equality initiatives in communities across the country where our employees live and work.

"Amazon’s leadership and BEN have worked hand-in-hand to identify organizations in the Black community that make a difference and will contribute to them in a meaningful way. In addition to the organizations listed, we will work with our chapters to identify local groups to support," said Angelina Howard, president of BEN. "We will continue these conversations about how Amazon can support employees and the entire Black community beyond these tragic recent events."

Together, we stand in solidarity with the Black community—our employees, customers, and partners—in the fight against systemic racism and injustice.

Photo above: We raised the Pan-African flag on Amazon's Seattle campus earlier this year in partnership with BEN to honor Black history and celebrate the meaning of the flag.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon stands with BLM?

Whatta expect them to say? Confused
The truth never mattered to them ~ they have to pander to anarchists or get crucified. Frown

Mad

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I saw it only because you pointed it out. When I go to Amazon, my eyes ignore everything below the very top line menu, where I can search, access everything in my account, or look at my orders.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t seem very virtuous. If they’re suggesting that white, hispanic, asian, Tobago, or whatever lives aren’t as worthy as black lives, that’s a racist philosophy!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Add "fractureme.com" (photos on glass) to the list. Got their political lecture/e-mail a day or so ago, and promptly unsubscribed from their list.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It’s the trend. Remember how EVERYONE had to send you the COVID statement email 12 weeks ago? By golly, we re doing something all right, we care, blah, blah, blah.

COVID was a test run of things to come. Expect the virtue signaling, mask wearing lefties to turn it up to 11.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
It’s the trend. Remember how EVERYONE had to send you the COVID statement email 12 weeks ago? By golly, we re doing something all right, we care, blah, blah, blah.

COVID was a test run of things to come. Expect the virtue signaling, mask wearing lefties to turn it up to 11.

All those COVID emails were great. It gave me a opportunity to hit unsubscribe to every single one. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

It really tightens my tinfoil.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post