SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What pisses you off about car manufacturers?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What pisses you off about car manufacturers? Login/Join 
posted
Let’s start with seat bolsters that wear way too quickly, turn signal sounds that you can’t turn down, and sun visors that aren’t capable of blocking that spot that the sun always seems to be at!

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Switched to water based, soft paint and reduced the paint thickness. Scratches easy and marginal amount of paint to polish out the scratches.

Raising prices 50% in the last 4 years. Part of it is raising prices, but the other part is only making cars with unnecessary, expensive technology (i.e. we don't need $1500 turn signals, $2500 headlights, and $3000 windshields).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using aluminum instead of steel.

Posts: 788 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Idunno,

I'm happy with my '05 truck. It is fast, loud, and gets cruddy mileage. What's not to like?

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
No headlight dimmer switch on the floor. No starter button on the transmission hump above the gas pedal.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7262 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
High beam switches on the steering column instead of on the floor where they belong.

(dang, not quite quick enough)

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
Using aluminum instead of steel.

Particularly in transmissions.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
GM when they discontinues the Buick built pushrod 3800 V6 in favor of that POS 3.6 DOHC engine.

There was a GM engineer with the 3.6L team interviewed that touted the modern DOHC concept while deriding the 3800 as being an outmoded dated pushrod engine.

Guess someone forgot to tell the LS engine team their design was outmoded and dated.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The aggravatingly stupid feature that shuts off the engine at stop lights. Mad And my Jeep beeps the horn 3 times if I get out of it with the engine running and the key fob is in my pocket. Hate that too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Those LED headlights. 'nuf said! Mad

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I can’t believe I forgot my biggest grudge, why the hell can I not park, leave the car running, and shut off the lights? All the lights. Just who the fuck designs a car that has to announce to the world that the car is running?
Probably some nerd that never had a date and tried kissing the girl before walking her to the door.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
No headlight dimmer switch on the floor. No starter button on the transmission hump above the gas pedal.

I had a Ford Fairlane that had a button on the floor that you pumped with your foot to squirt the washer fluid on your windshield.
The cozy wing you opened for A/C.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I had a Ford Fairlane that had a button on the floor that you pumped with your foot to squirt the washer fluid on your windshield.

My 68 Mustang has one of them. I like it.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the modern shit they put on these cars and how they try to cram 10 gallons worth of shit in a 5 gallon bucket!

I don't need back up assist, lane departure, rain sensing wipers, infotainment, and many other useless features that add thousands to the vehicle.

Just give me a truck that doesn't cost $40,000+ with a V8 with no variable valve timing, power windows, AC, cruise, power locks, and a good radio. That's all I need.

I am seriously thinking about finding older 80's or 90's trucks and just rebuilding them instead of buying the new shit they put out.

Posts: 1246 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:

I am seriously thinking about finding older 80's or 90's trucks and just rebuilding them instead of buying the new shit they put out.

Me too. And the new cars spy on you. I want a 68-72 Chevy pickup. I read a news story, in Europe if you go over the speed limit
the gps system will automatically slow your car down. It has to be a newer car. Screw that!

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2012 Chevy Cruze weighs almost the same as my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee did. I can't figure out how the hell that can be?

Last year I spent a week or more with my old College room mate and his wife, and they were extolling the virtues of their SUV. Said it was the best vehicle they'd ever owned, comfortable for long trips, nice handling, great acceleration, you name it, it was great.

I thought to myself, maybe I should offer to buy it from them when they were ready to get rid of it, since they traded vehicles more frequently than most of us, but then I noticed the lane-change bells and whistles, other annoyances, and the glass dash panel, and realized how expensive it would be to replace, say, the gas gauge and everything attached to it, i.e., the whole damned thing. I kept my mouth shut.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Biodegradable insulation on the wiring that evidently has an aroma and flavor irresistible to rodents.

Posts: 27149 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Lighting a stupid "Check Engine Light" for all manner of things, whether or not serious and whether or not there is any engine involvement.

Especially stupid when the wiring to that idiotic thing goes right past all manner of logic and display devices in modern cars that would be perfectly capable of showing useful information vs merely glowing.

Would displaying "You didn't put the gas cap on correctly" be all that hard?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joel9507,

Posts: 15137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thankfully I've never experienced it personally, but apparently there's a percentage of cars where the battery is now located in the wheel well, and you have to jack the car up, remove a wheel, and remove the wheel well liner in order to access it. Eek

What a genius move.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
A biggie for me is when routine maintenance is less than routine. By that I mean filters are to get at, batteries hard to even find, etc..

Yeah, check engine lights quick to come on, luckily no DMV ‘vehicle inspection’ here in WI.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post