SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What pisses you off about car manufacturers?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What pisses you off about car manufacturers? Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
base model Mazda B2000 pick up with a manual transmission and roll up windows. The only option it had was A/C (I was in TX). I paid $4900 put the door and loved that little beast!

I'd buy one of those right now. Cool

Same here... in a heartbeat!!!

Posts: 4771 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Side cut keys.

A 'security' feature that has made four out of five locks stop working in less than four years.

Imagine the joys of taking your steering column apart to jam the key cylinder loose while in another state.

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I might as well add the Pentastar V6 and it’s plastic, err, polymer oil filter and cooler housing. Just cost me eleven hundred dollars to replace mine as it was pouring coolant out of it.

This is one of the few times I’m ok with using a non OEM part as a replacement. Dorman makes a metal one instead of the genuine Jeep part which is still plastic.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8364 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When actuators go bad …

The sound is from a stripped or broken gear and the actuator trying to "hunt" or "find" its "home" position. He will probably have to take the dash off.

Posts: 28632 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Or the alleged engineers that FCA used to design the second generation Liberty’s HVAC distribution system.

Last winter the temp was stuck on cold when the weather took a sudden dump. Wife was not happy to say the least. Sure it’s a 2012 but it only had about 43k on it. Take it to the shop, mode motors are,fine, door seals turned to goo and stuck to the heater box. Common problem per the Jeep forums. Dash has to come out to replace the center duct, doors are part of it and not serviced separately. Also was suggested that we replace the heater core as “we’re already in there and you know those don’t last either” which I agreed.

So off the the Chrysler dealer where I still get my dealer group discount, five hundred dollars later I leave with the duct and heater core. But still feel lucky that FCA hasn’t discontinued that too, like they did with the blower motor resistor a few months earlier.

I’m still surprised the radio hasn’t taken a dump due to cold solder joints like the same radio in my Wrangler did five years ago, go figure. That little escapade IF had it done at a dealership would have cost me around $800 in 2019 dollars but instead I bought a used touchscreen from a Jeep forum member for $300 and installed it myself despite the dealer telling me it wouldn’t work.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8364 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Key fobs. Expensive. Bulky. Fragile.
They don’t seem to slow car thieves down any.

Give me a good old metal key I can duplicate for a buck fifty at the local hardware store, and hide in a magnet box under my truck so if I lock myself out or lose my keys, I can self-rescue.

Posts: 27158 | Location: TOAD SUCK, AR | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be sent to the top 10 manufacturers. Although I doubt it would have an impact.

Posts: 1157 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems the Big Three (Gm, Ford, & Tesla) like the fat fobs just like the rest of 'em.

When the fob gets bigger, they can slap a bigger emblem on it for all to see.

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Discontinuing parts after a relatively short time so that an otherwise perfectly usable vehicle becomes scrap.

Posts: 28632 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Seems the Big Three (Gm, Ford, & Tesla) like the fat fobs just like the rest of 'em.

When the fob gets bigger, they can slap a bigger emblem on it for all to see.

Koenigsegg has one of the biggest keys I've ever seen

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Discontinuing parts after a relatively short time so that an otherwise perfectly usable vehicle becomes scrap.

Or, discontinuing a model after a very short run, which in turn means very few dealers have any svc experience with it [Cruze diesel]

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15967 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really hate the lane assist crap where the steering wheel fights you if you don't put the turn signal on switching lanes.......that annoys me to no end. As does the cruise control that slows the car down as you reach another car........the auto stop/start is another one where I have to push the button to disable it EVERY time I start the car........the back up camera and sensors I like......

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything. My next car will be a 1960's cruiser.
That's when cars had style.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Koenigsegg has one of the biggest keys I've ever seen

Yeah, that is a big 'un.

Lucky for me, I figured out how to cut & program all of my trucks to work with the same key.

The wireless key fob module? Yeah, I took all of those out and they are hibernating in the ashtray.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a huge list of specific mechanical designs that if I ever become King of the World I will publicly execute the responsible engineer for, but the biggest general beef I have with new vehicles is prioritizing tech gadgets over driving. It's all about the screens, Bluetooth integration, and driver assist features these days...what ever happened to enjoying the basics of driving?

My 01 Chevy still has manual locks and window cranks. The only way it could be more basic is if it had a manual transmission. I love that truck and will gladly keep it till I die, if it lasts that long. The only cars I get excited about anymore are old.

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Everything. My next car will be a 1960's cruiser.
That's when cars had style.