SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Colorado Free Resistance * FEDERAL JUDGE REVERSES BAN ON 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' & STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES*
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Free Resistance * FEDERAL JUDGE REVERSES BAN ON 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' & STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES* Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There are realities here you don't want to face. This is mainly that the political demographics of your state are changing, not for the better, and this is affecting the political realities.

Despite your pissyness about what I'm saying it sounds like that's exactly what your trying to do, but having only limited effect, because of the issue I stated above.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
There are realities here you don't want to face. This is mainly that the political demographics of your state are changing, not for the better, and this is affecting the political realities.

Despite your pissyness about what I'm saying it sounds like that's exactly what your trying to do, but having only limited effect, because of the issue I stated above.

And now that you have said what you have to say, get the fuck out of this thread.

A negative Nancy is what you were, pages and pages ago, but now you are just being an asshole. I'm pretty sure none of us care what you have to say anymore.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The man in the arena..." Teddy Roosevelt

MDS -- we're keeping up the fight.

Posts: 7844 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, what, you're not going to tell us how you removed all those governors, railroaded the antis out of your state and changed the electorate to a Pro-2A position? You're going to withhold your magnificent political strategies from us?

I'm ignoring political reality? My previous post just laid out the political reality here in Colorado. I'd say you're the one ignoring political reality... or at least conceding to it.

In regards to my so-called "pissyness":

quote:
originally posted by BBMW:
Can anything actually get done as long as Higgenlooper is still in office?

quote:
originally posted by BBMW:
Given that CO couldn't get rid of Higgenlooper, even if you get these pro-gun bills out of the state legislature, do any of them have a snowball's chance in hell of getting signed?

quote:
How much pressure can you apply to a guy who signed the bill that caused the ruckus, but then got reelected? He probably knows there are enough antis in Denver metro to counteract whatever the pro-gunners in the rest of the state want.

I have a feeling the Democrats in your House are the same way. They know the political breakdown in their districts. If a district elected a Dem, how pro-gun could it be?
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Given that CO couldn't get rid of Higgenlooper, even if you get these pro-gun bills out of the state legislature, do any of them have a snowball's chance in hell of getting signed?

No doubt about it, we're fighting an uphill battle. As you can see from the info posted above the Republican controlled Senate has already passed a ban repeal, so it next moves to the Democrat controlled House where it will undoubtedly face stiff resistance. This is where gun owners need to apply political pressure and "peel off" a few Democrats to vote with us.

IF we were able to get a few swing Democrat votes in favor of repealing the ban, that would apply even more pressure on the Governor, which should be our short term political goal, to put enough political pressure on the Governor that he might be swayed to sign the legislation.

Governor Hickenlooper signed the ban into effect & while he shoulders some of the responsibility for it, he could still "hide" behind his Democrat party controlled legislature when the blame was handed out. Now, if we could get a few Democrats to vote with gun owners on repealing this ban and the bill made it to the Governor's desk there ain't no hiding behind someone else... he will either get the credit if he signs it or the blame it he doesn't. I want to put that decision/ pressure squarely on him.

We have to try.

quote:
Until you can get a gun friendly governor out there, noting much is going to change.
This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW, October 07, 2015 10:21 AM

quote:
As long as Higgenblooper is you governor (and longer if he gets replaced by an ideological clone_, I doubt any of this is going to get through.

I think you've reached the point of no return with the communist/anti population takeover.

... and these are only from previous exchanges and don't include posts from the current one.

BBMW, do you realize you've managed to make more posts in this one thread than every other active and closed thread combined in the Gun Control forum?

So, since you wouldn't answer my previous questions, how 'bout you answer this one? What gives? How does this thread warrant all this special attention from you? What is it that compels you to make the time to frequent this thread over the last 2.5 years and say the same thing over and over again?

Did you get a speeding ticket in Colorado? Did you get busted on a pot conviction before it was legalized? Did a valet refuse to validate your parking stub while you were here? Or maybe its me, did we bump heads in another thread because I don't remember it. In fact, I remember supporting an observation you made in the Japan immigration thread.

Perhaps you are willing to lay down and concede your constitutional rights when infringed... we here, however, are not and we will use every legal tool at our disposal... whether it meets with your approval or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Let make this clear. I would like to see you succeed. At one point I thought about CO as someplace I'd want to move to. The (previously) fairly loose gun laws were one of the reasons I was thinking about it. But obviously that changed. And I can see why.

But, really, do whatever you can do. Best of luck.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let make this clear. I would like to see you succeed. At one point I thought about CO as someplace I'd want to move to. The (previously) fairly loose gun laws were one of the reasons I was thinking about it. But obviously that changed. And I can see why.

But, really, do whatever you can do. Best of luck.

Thank you. It really is a nice place to live and if you ever decide to move here I hope you'll join us in this fight. The more Pro-2A gun owners we can get to join us the better.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a bill introduced into the Colorado legislature that would repeal the magazine ban and eliminate the marking requirement. I urge you all to contact your elected reps. and support it.

This is the NRA-ILA notice on it:

Colorado: Tell Your Representative to Support Repeal of Arbitrary Magazine Ban

In 2013, the Colorado Legislature restricted the ability of law-abiding gun owners to protect themselves by limiting the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold. This arbitrary limit does nothing more than hinder the lawful right to self-defense of Coloradans because criminals do not follow the law.

At the start of the current session, House Bill 1024 was introduced by state Representatives Lori Saine (R-63) and Vicki Marble (R-23). This legislation seeks to repeal this arbitrary limit on ammunition magazines. HB 1024 has been referred to the House Committee on State, Veterans and Military Affairs where it will be scheduled for consideration.

Please contact members of the House Committee on State, Veterans and Military Affairs and politely urge them to support this important legislation. Contact information can be found below.

Members of the House Committee on State, Veterans and Military Affairs:

Representative Su Ryden (D-36), Chair
303-866-2942
su.ryden.house@state.co.us

Representative Susan Lontine (D-1), Vice-Chair
303-866-2966
susan.lontine.house@state.co.us

Representative Mike Foote (D-12)
303-866-2920
mike.foote.house@state.co.us

Representative Steve Humphrey (R-48)
303-866-2943
rephumphrey48@yahoo.com

Representative Timothy Leonard (R-25)
303-866-2582
tim.leonard.house@state.co.us

Representative Patrick Neville (R-45)
303-866-2948
patrick.neville.house@state.co.us

Representative Dianne Primavera (D-33)
303-866-4667
dianne.primavera.house@state.co.us

Representative Max Tyler (D-23)
303-866-2951
max@maxtyler.us

Representative Cole Wist (R-37)
303-866-5510
cole.wist.house@state.co.us

HB 1024

I'm quoting all the info above, and urging anyone to contact the Representatives listed. This is scheduled to be heard on Monday, March 7th. Thank you for your time.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
An update from the NRA:

"As previously reported, House Bill 1024, a bill which would have repealed the unnecessary restriction on the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold, was postponed indefinitely by the House Committee on State, Veterans and Military Affairs.  However, the Senate has also introduced a bill to repeal this arbitrary limit on firearm magazine capacities, Senate Bill 113.  SB 113 has been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee on Wednesday, March 23 at 1:30pm in room 356 of the Colorado State Capitol Building. "

Mike

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I just ran across this. Apparently, Kopel and the sheriffs are getting another bite at the apple.

2013 Colorado Guns Laws Might Be Back In Court After Ruling

By Ben Markus on 03/22/2016 - 10:02pm

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday threw out a 2014 federal court ruling that upheld new Colorado gun laws.

Tuesday's ruling means sheriffs who oppose the ban on high-capacity magazines and private sale background checks expect to be back in court soon.

And they plan to take advantage of that second chance, according to one of their attorneys -- David Kopel with the Independence Institute.

"The constitution is the same today as the day we filed the case, and we intend to vindicate the constitution and remove these unconstitutional stains from on Colorado’s statute books," Kopel said.

In an odd twist, the appeals court threw out the decision that upheld the gun laws because the sheriffs and others lacked standing to bring the case.

"The score has been reset," Kopel said. "We look forward to bringing the new case following the 10th Circuit’s rules on standing that it announced today."

The plaintiffs could not prove that the new restrictions harmed them.

Source: http://www.cpr.org/news/newsbe...sthash.s3BLeDNt.dpuf

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
I've had a few hospital stays over recent weeks and I've failed to keep up with these important issues. bigpond73 and Storm, I was just coming back to the thread to see about updating it and I see that you already have. Thanks for picking up my slack and posting these updates!

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I figured you may have been out of the loop MDS, just doing what I can Smile. Hope all is well with you despite the hospital stays.

Mike

Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had a few hospital stays over recent weeks and I've failed to keep up with these important issues. bigpond73 and Storm, I was just coming back to the thread to see about updating it and I see that you already have. Thanks for picking up my slack and posting these updates!

I've been monitoring the thread and have seen your and bigpond73's posts. I haven't posted myself, as there wasn't much to say. Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Meant to post this yesterday, but got busy. Another NRA-ILA update:

"House Bill 1024, a bill which would have repealed the unnecessary restriction on the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold, was postponed indefinitely by the House Committee on State, Veterans and Military Affairs.  However, the Senate has also introduced a bill to repeal this arbitrary limit on firearm magazine capacities, Senate Bill 113.  SB 113 has been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee on Wednesday, March 30 at 1:30 p.m., in room 356 of the Colorado State Capitol Building.  Please contact members of the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee and politely urge them to support SB 113!"

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for information about SB113, and no one seems to be saying anything, but, I did find this:

http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLI...sSenate?openFrameset

Looks like it passed yesterday 3-2, now it is off to the Committee as a Whole.

A step in the right direction Big Grin.

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Per the NRA-ILA today:

"Tomorrow, the Colorado Senate is scheduled to consider Senate Bill 113, a piece of legislation that would repeal the arbitrary and misguided ban on firearm magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition.  It is important that you contact your state Senator and politely urge them to support Senate Bill 113 when it comes up for a vote."

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
According to this:

http://extras.denverpost.com/a...lls/2016a/sb_16-113/ (Beware, clicking the link will automatically download a .pdf of the bill)

It was laid over daily on the Senates second reading with no amedments.

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
According to the same link above, the bill has been held over until April 11th.

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Again, per link above, passed second reading yesterday. Smile

Mike

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
And this from the NRA-ILA just now:

"Today, the Colorado Senate passed Senate Bill 113 by a 20-13 vote.  SB 113 would repeal the arbitrary and misguided ban on firearm magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition.  Now, SB 113 will be sent to the House where it will await a committee referral.  Please contact your state Representative and politely urge them to support House Bill 113."

Mike

Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
And this from the NRA-ILA just now:

"Today, the Colorado Senate passed Senate Bill 113 by a 20-13 vote.  SB 113 would repeal the arbitrary and misguided ban on firearm magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition.  Now, SB 113 will be sent to the House where it will await a committee referral.  Please contact your state Representative and politely urge them to support House Bill 113."

BP, thanks for keeping on top of this.

Here's the ILA article on this. There's links to the NRA's compose email tool and a link to the Colorado .gov web tool to find your representative in the page.

NRA - Colorado: Legislation to Repeal Magazine Ban Passes Senate

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ